Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
False Hopes For Ville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

False Hopes For Ville

Oct 4, 2016, 7:02 AM

All this Ville to the playoffs talk. This will not happen unless there is major carnage. They may be in the top 4 in every CFP Poll released until....the last one. Conference Champs will leap. A 2 loss or less SEC Champ trumps them. The BIG Champ is in. Looks like Washington will be undefeated or one loss at most. They're in. We are in if we win. The Ville will be lulled in by the hype until that last poll. Not happening for them. Too bad. I don't think we turn it over 5 times again, so the D will not be forced to play 99 plays. Wouldn't mind playing them again at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: False Hopes For Ville

Oct 4, 2016, 7:09 AM

There is no way that the Big 10 and SEC are not represented. ACC will be there too, but I wouldn't pencil Clemson in just yet. UNC, Miami, VT are all tough outs. I can see PAC 12 closed out if we get a 2 loss champion. Big 12 is staying home. So UL needs to root for Washington to lose. Odds less than 10% IMHO.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2016, 7:12 AM

Agree, but I think Huskies would have to lose 2 games at least for Ville to have a chance. That's assuming the beat Houston on the road too.

Oct 4, 2016, 7:19 AM

I see your point, but I think Washington would have to lose twice. ????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2016, 7:33 AM

Louisville in my opinion is a top 2 to 3 team from what I have watched this year. They will be the toughest team we play until the Playoff by far

Oct 4, 2016, 7:36 AM

They are good, but takeaway 2 turnovers to even them out and we win easily.

Oct 4, 2016, 7:52 AM

Honestly I think Alabama is #1 (until someone beats them), we are #2 and Louisville is #3. Louisville won't make the playoffs though.

Oct 4, 2016, 8:24 AM

Agreed because the committee adds value for Conference Championship game winner and a two loss champion wins out & is in!

False Hopes For Ville--Think 8 Teams IN!

Oct 4, 2016, 9:04 AM

The only way for this playoff system to work is to include EIGHT teams or more and then no "deserving" team gets left out. Why are the people in charge so dense? It reminds me of the government that we have in Washington, DC--things are as plain as the nose on our face and they still refuse to see it and do what is best!!!

4 is perfect and it makes the regular season more

Oct 4, 2016, 9:11 AM

important than 8 would. If 8, several conferences would get 2 teams in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic