Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Facts about last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Facts about last night

Aug 31, 2014, 1:09 PM

The defense played better then it showed. 24-21 with 8 minutes to play then they got desperate. The 4th quarter scores were due to us selling out on defense and got burned.

Cole played well. But I saw enough to pull the trigger and give Watson the ball... I think Watson is ready.

Special teams beat us. A easy missed FG...KR for a TD. Basically ball game.

Let's be honest with ourselves here. We are looking at a 9-3 at best 10-2 season. Let's just focus on getting better one game at a time. I think/I know that if we played jr ( coots ) down the road today...we win by 24 points.

Morris is fine guys. Enough with the " Morris doesnt have a clue " BS..... the guy is one of the best!

Howard is a good kid.... But we all know the truth about WHO should be playing RB.

GO Tigers....The sun came up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great points, TU***

Aug 31, 2014, 1:19 PM

Re: Facts about last night

Aug 31, 2014, 1:23 PM

Good comments but a question: If Morris is one of the best and he was calling the plays last nite please explain why we saw zero slant passes over the middle, never used our TE's over the middle, never attempted to throw short into the area(S) vacated by charging LB.c, no screen passes, etc.
I'm sorry but there are many ways to beat an overly aggressive rushing D which is exactly what we faced and Morris had zero answers or even attempted to counteract it.
fact is we played not to lose instead of to win. His offense looks great against the weaker teams but against top teams not so. Sure there were a few exceptions but we've been throttled entirely too much in the past few years.

valid question

Aug 31, 2014, 1:29 PM

Unfortunately none of us will be able to answer that question. I think coach Morris needs to, and will learn from last night. On that same note hopefully something is said to that affect (more so that his short comment on conservative play calling).

The second half of last night's game happened. It's done. What I'm interested in now is; will anything be said? ownership taken? comments on personnel? It'll be interesting to see and hear what comes out this week's practices.

Aug 31, 2014, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Facts about last night ]

Go back and watch the 2nd half tape.

Georgia dropped into a cover 2 shell....Where they basically put 5 to 6 guys within 10-15 yards of the line of scrimmage. Why? They were getting pressure with their front 4. By playing that coverage they ( pruit ) knew Cole didn't have enough time to wait for the receivers to get to what is basically called the 3rd level of the defense.

in a nut shell....if we protected better we would done whatever we wanted.

That's why you saw chad calling quick screens.... he had to help Cole get the ball out early.. We couldn't protect him.

Aug 31, 2014, 4:25 PM

I don't follow -
How can it be just special teams that lost the game when the offense can't get a first down in the second half?
If Morris is one of the best, why does a base defense shut down his offense?

Aug 31, 2014, 4:30 PM

Morris is a great coach....please stop it. You look stupid.

All these fire Morris post are beyond absurd.

Do you people realize how far we have come under his leadership?

Well any D we play will just follow UGAs recipe. We r doomed***

Aug 31, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Facts about last night ]

And we could not protect Watson when he was in during

Aug 31, 2014, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Facts about last night ]

this time either. Doesn't matter who the QB is if they have no time to react.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 4:15 PM

So who should be playing RB? I honestly do not know the answer to that question.

Aug 31, 2014, 5:57 PM

You can play Howard. He can block, but is not a good ball carrier. You could play Davidson, who is less of a blocker, but is a slightly better runner. Gallman, who can't block, looked like a playmaker with the ball in his hands. It seems we don't have the total package. It would be nice to have Brooks and Dye healthy.

Aug 31, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Facts about last night ]

Adam fnnnn choice and Wayne ....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 4:19 PM

Agree with everything you just said!
I think we should have seen Choice! GA threw 3 freshmen out there tonight and they all produced. I would have loved to see what Choice could have done to help us.

I liked what I saw from A. Scott, and Kitt had a couple of opportunities also (no catches tho).

My other ? where the heck was Leggett we should have lined him up on the boundary and went to town.

No, we needed the TE blocking last night. That is why

Aug 31, 2014, 11:01 PM

Cooper getting hurt was critical last night to our offensive struggles in the 2nd half.

You lost me at "morris is fine guys" Fine at losing***

Aug 31, 2014, 4:21 PM

Yea that is why he is making the big bucks and our record

Aug 31, 2014, 10:59 PM

has been so dismal since he arrived.

Who should be playing RB?***

Aug 31, 2014, 4:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who should be playing RB?***

Aug 31, 2014, 4:28 PM

Gallman

It's was obvious that he is a much thicker solid back compared to Howard.

Choice? I hope he is as good as advertised.

To whoever brought up Legget... Good point about him. What happened to our TE play???

All is well!!!

Aug 31, 2014, 4:31 PM

Said Kevin bacon.

Aug 31, 2014, 4:36 PM

Your points the d selling out are ridiculous. Always an excuse...selling out, officials, turnovers, yada yada yada. The cloches are correct it was a butt whooping.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:25 PM

Clemson will be lucky to get 7 wins with 2 being "gimme" wins...that team that showed up last night won't beat USC...spurrier will out coach us again ...I am scared to even think about the beat down FSU is going to put on us. In for a long year fellas.

F U***

Aug 31, 2014, 9:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

You Got Blasted

Aug 31, 2014, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Facts about last night ]

and we're not even a threat. that's why you're usuck. tigers on the other hand screwed up 2nd half. we will destroy gamedicks - count on it

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 31, 2014, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Facts about last night ]

Great first post!I'm sure all tiger nation is awaiting your next response!I am so I can td it again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 9:36 PM

Watch the play on 2nd or 3rd down right before our missed FG. The Fade to AH. Look at that play call and tell me you get the warm fuzzies about Chad Morris right now.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:45 PM

I agree with much of what the OP said, BUT... We could and should have won THIS game. We kicked ### the first half and UGA was lucky to still be in it (no TD or FG for us late, plus the KO return). 276 yards to 126. 2nd half We completely lost people named Mike Williams, Germone Hopper, Charone Peake, Artavis Scott, etc. ALL 2nd half. Their assignment was just "y'all go long" which they did into coverage, and we never made UGA pay by throwing underneath to guys named Leggett, Seckinger, McCullough, Humphries. Jeremy Pruitt did not make "adjustments" that could limit us to FIFTEEN TOTAL YARDS in the 2nd half after we walked on them for 276 in the first. Don't listen to these pumpers, Chad. Call the plays we put blood and sweat into. Run the offense. If we lose we lose, but go down FIGHTING! No one wants you fired. Or Dabo. Just make a D PAY for their adjustments. Killer instinct.

Hard to have a "killer instinct" when you are starting

Aug 31, 2014, 11:08 PM

your drives at your own 5 or 10 yard line. Not like we had just recovered a fumble at their 40 and went for the juglar. One time he tried to go long in the 4th it nearly resulted in a safety due to blitz.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic