Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Face it. Part of the problem is the ACC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Face it. Part of the problem is the ACC.

Jan 14, 2020, 8:57 AM

Our offense just doesn't face elite defenses in games until we get to the playoffs. You can't count on FSU or anyone to reach that level in the next few years either. It's tough when all season long, the QB has plenty of time to survey the field, and the receivers get open 75% of the time. Then you get in a playoff situation against elite defenses, and it's a whole new ballgame. Hopefully in a few more years the ACC might have more than just Clemson competing on a Top 15 level.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could succeed in the ACC as the OC with our players...

Jan 14, 2020, 9:01 AM

and I'm an idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^nailed it^^^

Jan 14, 2020, 9:02 AM

Franc is an idiot!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I could succeed in the ACC as the OC with our players...

Jan 14, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to I could succeed in the ACC as the OC with our players... ]

Well, you are at least half right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Truer words have never been spoken. Nailed it.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to I could succeed in the ACC as the OC with our players... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Face it. Part of the problem is the ACC.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:01 AM

We played the same ACC lost year and blew out Alabama- the fault in your logic. We just had a bad game and they played well.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:02 AM

Yeah, that killed us against Bama last year!

Jan 14, 2020, 9:03 AM

Face it There is nothing, absolutely nothing Clemson can do about this particular problem.

LSU was better than us. That's all there was to it, and

Jan 14, 2020, 9:03 AM

conference affiliation had nothing to do with what happened last night.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

it definitely hurts us not to get battle tested

Jan 14, 2020, 9:04 AM

Thru the season, but on the other hand it guarantees most of the team stays healthy.

Quit drinking the kool-aid. I guess if you repeat

Jan 14, 2020, 9:06 AM

something enough, people will start to believe it, no matter what.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 14, 2020, 9:05 AM

But, but, but......

How can this be? The pompous blowhards on this sight have contended that our defense practices against the best offense in the world and our offense practices against the best defense in the world. No one should be able to beat us especially with our secret weapon Galloway running unguarded over the middle. The ACC being weak should not matter when you’re the greatest team of all time.

Humble pie tastes awful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 9:10 AM

Nope. You couldn't be more wrong. Clemson has almost everything needed in house - and most of the work is done in practice. Have you ever played football before?

LSU was just a better team last night. It's okay to lose 1 time in 2 years and not blame it on some malarkey like other teams that aren't Clemson or LSU.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:22 AM

Except you can see it in our boys eyes when they are finally getting hit with some ### behind it. OP is right.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:31 AM

He's not. It's a common refrain from 'analysts' and fans of losing teams in the SEC though. This isn't the Highlander. Ya don't gain the power of the one you kill.

A team may face more adversity if challenged more often by better teams, but that does not necessarily make them a better team themselves.

Nobody was going to beat LSU last night, and it's not because of the SEC or LSUs schedule. It's because of LSU.

Jan 14, 2020, 9:26 AM

This had nothing to do with losing last night but thanks for your input.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic