Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FUTURE BREAKING NEWS STORY:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,935

FUTURE BREAKING NEWS STORY:

Dec 1, 2018, 10:24 PM

February 14th, 2019 (Associated Press) —

The NCAA College Football Playoff Committee has voted unanimously to change the format of the NCAA College Football Playoff. Starting with the 2019 season, the NCAA will poll all analysts from ESPN to develop a preseason poll of which colleges they think have the best teams. The regular season and conference championship games will be played as per usual; however, the top 4 teams from ESPN’s preseason poll will be the participants in the College Football Playoff.

This change comes after ESPN, led by analyst Kirk Herbstreit, petitioned the NCAA for format revisions after last year’s season. ESPN argued that the teams they believed to be the best should be rewarded by getting into the College Football Playoff, regardless of win-loss records. This format change bodes well for the SEC. If the 2019 College Football Playoff had adopted these new rules, then Clemson would not have won it’s 2nd National Championship in 3 years, as Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Notre Dame would have made the field and left the top ACC team out.

In other news, Notre Dame’s board of directors unanimously agreed to reduce the amount of regular season games from 12 to 1. It is speculated that due to this change, Notre Dame had immediately overtaken Texas A&M as college football’s most valuable team.

Message was edited by: clemsonstud05®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FUTURE BREAKING NEWS STORY:

Dec 1, 2018, 11:50 PM

Dis 4 reel ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Realer than whatever Kirby is about to say on Sportscenter***

Dec 2, 2018, 12:03 AM

Re: Realer than whatever Kirby is about to say on Sportscenter***

Dec 2, 2018, 12:10 AM

As much as some people might hate it, you can not deny UGA is better than OSU or OU. I say embrace it... a chance to beat the mutts and Saban and go 4-0 vs the SEC in the same season. Let them play it out on the field.

We will beat them on the field, and then we will beat them again in Feb on National signing day.

So proud of this senior class, this team and the program Dabo has built. I say let this senior class (which is already the best ever) go 15-0 (for the first time in CFB history) by beating UGA and Bama in the CFP. They will make a 30 for 30 immediately.

Go Tigers !!!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 12:05 AM

Can you tweet this to Herbie? It may help his research.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 12:15 AM

Think we get too much Herbie now ?? Just wait till next season with the Herbie Jr.s running scout team reps and him watching every practice....

Side note.... I just want to thank everyone for their participation in the Tigernet forums... even the coot trolls (well, maybe not them, but they are so funny). You all have no idea how much I love reading this board. I am currently deployed overseas and this is the only thing getting me through this trip. Even though the internet is spotty at best, it is good enough most of the time to keep up with the Tiger tweets. And the AFN (Armed Forces Network) signal was good enough to catch most of the game tonight and this season, so I have that going for me too !!

May God bless you all, America and the Clemson Tigers !!!

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 12:22 AM

Thank you sir!!! And be safe

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 12:24 AM [ in reply to Re: FUTURE BREAKING NEWS STORY: ]

Thank you for your servixe to our nation. God bless you and come home safely!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 12:26 AM

This is stupid. So the preseason poll top 4 will be in the playoffs??? You cant play in??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct.

Dec 2, 2018, 9:37 AM

Just like you apparently shouldn’t have to play in now, according to Kirk.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,935
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic