Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU starting running back "opts out."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,496

FSU starting running back "opts out."

Dec 1, 2020, 5:07 PM

This is what was included in his statement:

"I would like to thank Coach Norvell...for allowing me to attend this university."

Sounds to me like a transfer portal, not an opt out.

I've been wrong all year, but I will be shocked if FSU plays anybody on 12/12.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU starting running back "opts out."

Dec 1, 2020, 5:29 PM

I think your whole program opted out. I agree that there will be no more football for y’all this year.

Sadly, I think y’all will be a dumpster fire program for many years to come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 6:22 PM

I just told an FSU buddy of mine that the football program is in far worse shape than it was the day we hired Norvell.

Even thought his contract gives him financial security for life, I still feel sorry for him. Through no fault of his own (COVID plus a horrible administration) this could be a career killer for him.

We may never know if he is a good coach or not.

Dec 2, 2020, 4:29 PM

All Growed Up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I think your whole program opted out"

Dec 2, 2020, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU starting running back "opts out." ]

This is one of the most savage statements I've ever read on Tigernet.

The sad thing is it's true.

its gotta suk to practice all week, up at the crack of dawn

Dec 1, 2020, 5:50 PM

for team meetings all week, get to the actual game day two weeks in a row and the big wigs in the administration building calls it quits. I'd probably opt out too.

wow - Dude I honestly feel for the FSU fans at this point...

Dec 1, 2020, 5:58 PM

this is worse than anyone would have thought...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope - karma is a REALLY jagged pill & I hope they all

Dec 1, 2020, 6:02 PM

have a 2 decade long coughing fit trying to dislodge it from their throats . . .

Except for Bret of course . . . . . lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

NOPE, Zip, Nada - don't feel bad after all the crap

Dec 2, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to wow - Dude I honestly feel for the FSU fans at this point... ]

they have dished out over the years.

Not even a good clean program (Like Stanford runs ) - always trouble there

Not saying - Good for them - But I ain't feeling sorry for them.

null

You seem to be forgetting a few things.

Dec 2, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to wow - Dude I honestly feel for the FSU fans at this point... ]

Such as:

-Puntrooskie in 1988
-57-0 in 1993
-48-0 in 1998
-54-7 in 2000
-51-14 in 2013

They did all of these things with an arrogance and swagger from their coaches and players, and some of their fans as well, that I will never forget.

They deserve every bit of their suckage now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

SOME of their fans ? Ohh no - living down here through all

Dec 2, 2020, 4:28 PM

of that except puntrooskie . . . .

ALL of their fans and it was unbearable.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:42 PM

Schedule changes sure seem to think the ACC is also getting that vibe...

Interesting Stats on FSU transfers, opt outs, etc

Dec 2, 2020, 1:43 PM

Found this online. Pretty interesting:

For the calendar year 2020, FSU has had at least 17 players enter the transfer portal (https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal/). In contrast, Clemson has had 4 and Syracuse has had 6. I didn't check, but I'd be surprised if that wasn't the highest total in the ACC.

For "opt out" players, FSU currently has 5 players (4 listed on this web site, https://theathletic.com/1983461/2020/12/01/tracking-fbs-players-who-are-opting-out-of-the-2020-college-football-season/,
and one that just announced today) who chose to opt out of 2020.

That's 22 players who voluntarily have left the team, at least for this season. Twenty-two out of 78 scholarship players. That's 28% of their scholarship players (assuming all were on scholarship).

For injured players, the last thing I could find was Nov 7, and at that time there were 5 out to injuries and one who was likely to be available. We also know that, currently, there is ONE player out for testing positive for COVID-19.

So if they have fewer than 44 players available, as they have said recently, then apparently at least 13 were out due to "contact tracing." Who knows.

Either way, 17 transfers and 5 opt-outs is a LOT of people fleeing the reservation. Norvell has some serious work to do!

I thought their whole team already opted out

Dec 2, 2020, 4:17 PM

of the 2020 season?

It sure appears that way to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's going to be supremely difficult to get another

Dec 2, 2020, 4:32 PM

top coach or any sort of turnaround unless FSU's admin changes. Covid has something to do with all this but the groundwork for the total collapse was laid out when Fisher was still there. Norvell looks like a deer in the headlights every time I see him speak, and so did Taggart. Almost like they know they're fighting a losing battle. Lots of disinformation coming out of Tallahassee. They're a complete train wreck behind all the Zoom interviews. In a funky sort of way, covid did them a favor by allowing them to get lost in the lack of access.

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic