Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Pigskin Prophet: All of the shenanigans are back in Columbia, along with a huge chicken
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Pigskin Prophet: All of the shenanigans are back in Columbia, along with a huge chicken

Sep 24, 2020, 1:01 PM

Pigskin Prophet: All of the shenanigans are back in Columbia, along with a huge chicken

Clemson won't play this Saturday, but there will still be football in the state of South Carolina. In Columbia, that means trying to polish the turd.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Pigskin Prophet: All of the shenanigans are back in Columbia, along with a huge chicken

Sep 24, 2020, 1:08 PM

I'm guessing Tenn will bring their old trash can back. They cant use the coot's dumpster because the flames from it would keep driving them back.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah man I completely forgot about the Doo Doo Ice!!

Sep 24, 2020, 1:15 PM

Good times!!

Can anyone dig that post up?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOUND IT!

Sep 24, 2020, 2:10 PM

Couldn't find the original FGF (I think) thread but found a C&P:

Credit to @ketigerfan for posting this back in the day!

Gameco­ck Tradition: DOO DOO ICE emoji_events [14]
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 4:44 PM
upstatercock
user profile
Post #4498 I usually don't complain but today I have to for people's safety... Reply

The consession stand on the East Upper (North Side) sells the "crappiest" food and drink, I've ever eaten or drank anywhere. I was forced to partake of their cuisine yesterday and I'm truly worried for my health today and I am not feeling that good.

First of all, my daughter and I purchased two of the tiniest drinks they had and the only side item we got was nachos-and-cheese. The drinks were so syrupy they were almost undrinkable, chips were stale, and here comes the worst part - the ice stunk like toilet water. When my drink was finished and there was nothing left in the cup but ice, I started smelling something very undesirable. Everytime I lifting up my drink, I kept thinking the guy in front of me was "breaking wind" but after about 2 or 3 times doing this, I discovered that the stinking smell was coming from my cup of ice. The ice never looked clear and I don't want to even think about what was wrong with it.

I will NEVER/EVER buy anything from inside WB again unless it's bottled with a cap that hasn't been broken or food that's been sealed and not been opened.

I truly felt like I needed to get the "word" out about this.

November 24, 1984 - From the Gamecocks 16 yardline with only 3:07 left to play, Mike Hold delivers a stunning touchdown drive of fury and grace as the clock ticked down to 54 seconds for a 22-21 victory of Clemson.

Posted on 10/9 2:11 PM | IP: Logged
yankacock

user profile
Georgetown, SC
Post #10941 Re: I usually don't complain but today I have to for people's safety.. Reply

You need to contact the Ath. Dept, or maybe even the Board of Health. That kind of thing could sicken thousands. May be a lot of mold growing in the ice makers or something. If they aren't used much during the rest of the year, it could happen.

Posted on 10/9 2:19 PM | IP: Logged
upstatercock
user profile
Post #4500 You don't know how close I come to taking the water from the melted... Reply

November 24, 1984 - From the Gamecocks 16 yardline with only 3:07 left to play, Mike Hold delivers a stunning touchdown drive of fury and grace as the clock ticked down to 54 seconds for a 22-21 victory of Clemson.

Posted on 10/9 2:24 PM | IP: Logged
Charleston_####
user profile
5-Star
Post #653 My friends said the same exact thing about their drink!!! Reply

They said they thought the guy in front of them was farting too! But it was the cup or the ice... Someone seriously needs to look into that, bc it seems like it wasn't an isolated problem. They got their drink from the north stands' under the student section.

Posted on 10/9 2:56 PM | IP: Logged
pullus211
user profile
Post #216 No, to be honest, I did fart. * Reply

Posted on 10/9 3:13 PM | IP: Logged
Charleston_####
user profile
5-Star
Post #656 In the ICE??!! Reply

Posted on 10/9 3:18 PM | IP: Logged
stylesb
user profile
Post #427 Most ice at WB is probably contract outsourced... Reply

Posted on 10/9 4:38 PM | IP: Logged
obrown_mba
user profile
Post #163 i only buy bottled drinks Reply

Posted on 10/9 4:59 PM | IP: Logged
kingdaddy#
user profile
Columbia
Post #4821 Note to self: Never drink a coke that smells like ####. Reply

"Every Fall the trees are filled with underwear. Every Spring the toilets explode. It's time for somebody to put their foot down. . . and that foot is me." - Vernon Wormer

Posted on 10/9 6:08 PM | IP: Logged
Cybercock
user profile
Columbia SC
Post #7217 LOL******** Reply

Posted on 10/9 6:18 PM | IP: Logged
Roostercockburn

user profile
Post #12217 In alot of cases the ice machine's drainage is hooked up to the Reply

Posted on 10/9 7:26 PM | IP: Logged
mpilot0705
user profile
Post #74 Re: In alot of cases the ice machine's drainage is hooked up to the Reply

Posted on 10/9 7:42 PM | IP: Logged
upstatercock
user profile
Post #4505 Note to other: It didn't smell until there was nothing left but ice... Reply

This post was edited on 10/9 8:45 PM by upstatercock

Posted on 10/9 8:22 PM | IP: Logged
rpe930
user profile
5-Star
Post #632 I hate to say it, but.... Reply

my girlfriend said she kept smelling something and she was drinking a fountain drink too. Then, my friend later quit drinking his drink because he said it stunk. This really may be a huge and potentially dangerous problem.

Go #####!

Posted on 10/9 8:36 PM | IP: Logged
chick75
user profile
Post #2810 I had the smelly ice, too, and I'm on West Lower.Toilet ice all over.* Reply

Posted on 10/9 8:40 PM | IP: Logged
garnet blood

user profile
Laurens
Cockpit Veteran
Post #1151 Re: I usually don't complain but today I have to for people's safety... Reply

We were in the west club level about 12:15 with very few fans in the stands and we were smelling an odor(unrecognizable) however my wife did liken it to the smell of riverbanks zoo.(Amazing she didn't ask "did you?"

Posted on 10/9 9:32 PM | IP: Logged
PersonallyFowl

user profile
summerville, sc
3-Star
Post #189 In our case, the source must have been an "###" plant. Reply

Posted on 10/9 10:59 PM | IP: Logged
USCftbl67
user profile
Post #19 Re: In our case, the source must have been an Reply

Posted on 10/10 6:45 AM | IP: Logged
obrown_mba
user profile
Post #166 toilet ice, lol Reply

Posted on 10/10 7:19 AM | IP: Logged
Psycocktic
user profile
5-Star
Post #639 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

Apparently the food and beverage equipement is not being cleaned properly or not at all. No excuse for this as it could make people sick and in worst cases even kill. Please call the health department and report it.

Posted on 10/10 7:24 AM | IP: Logged
JohnBoyUSC
user profile
Post #505 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

Posted on 10/10 8:04 AM | IP: Logged
tidalcock

user profile
Post #1537 Re: In our case, the source must have been an Reply

Posted on 10/10 8:11 AM | IP: Logged
allyourbase
user profile
Pit Master
Post #4624 This is incredibly funny. But yeah, I've noticed the turd ice myself. Reply

Posted on 10/10 8:58 AM | IP: Logged
Rooster Louie

user profile
Spartanburg, SC
Post #6187 These kinds of events are where TRADITION's are formed**** Reply

Posted on 10/10 9:03 AM | IP: Logged
tsport 1234
user profile
Post #4090 Re: I usually don't complain but today I have to for people's safety... Reply

I had the strange ice as well. I noticed something wasn't right at the time.

A friend of mine works for a company that does some work at Williams Brice.

He has told me for several years now that USC doesn't give a rip about the fans for what goes on behind the scenes there as far as maintenance, food, etc.

"Championships or not, the individual growth you get to see when opportunities are not wasted is the real reward of coaching and teaching" - Lander Tennis Coach Joe Cabri, 8 straight NCAA Div 2 Men's National Championships

Posted on 10/10 9:47 AM | IP: Logged
TulsaDawg

user profile
If you ain't cheatin, you ain't trying!
UGASports.com
Post #39906 do do in ice can kill you. (nm) Reply

"WE SLEEP HERE IN OBEDIENCE TO THE LAW.
WHEN DUTY CALLED, WE CAME.
WHEN COUNTRY CALLED, WE DIED."

Posted on 10/10 10:13 AM | IP: Logged
Memphis CUTigers
user profile
TigerIllustrated.com
Post #129 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

Posted on 10/10 10:54 AM | IP: Logged
gcslaw

user profile
2-Star
Post #2 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

Posted on 10/10 11:10 AM | IP: Logged
USCftbl67
user profile
Post #20 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

Either way my ice tasted like nasty ####, im talking nasty I was so drunk though I couldnt believe it I thought it was my taste buds but it was like someone shat coke in my cup and the ice sopped it up

Posted on 10/10 11:17 AM | IP: Logged
dmpj
user profile
Columbia
3-Star
Post #297 Re: I usually don't complain but today I have to for people's safety... Reply

Posted on 10/10 11:42 AM | IP: Logged
JohnBoyUSC
user profile
Post #509 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

I don't mean for my laughing to offend but you have to admit, it's just hilarious to think about it. I don't think anyone that's ever been to another sporting event than a Carolina football game will disagree that our stadium is an absolute rat hole. The bathrooms are totally rancid and disgusting. The concession areas and breezeways beneath the stadium are filthy. The walkways are all in need of major powerwashing. It's just not a nice place at all. Once inside the stadium, it's one of the best but judging everything together, the place should be condemned...

Posted on 10/10 11:45 AM | IP: Logged
detective29
user profile
Lancaster
Post #2316 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

Having close ties to DHEC, let me explain a few things. That "###" smell you got a whiff of is either sulfur (which public water is NOT supposed to have in it) or Sewage. I think there could be a possible cross connection between the potable water pipes and the wastewater pipes somewhere. With all of the addons tot he stadium over the years and the lack of codes when it was first built, it would not be entirely out of the realm of possibility. I am also not sure if the concession stands are permitted by the state. If not, they need to be. A dirty ice machine can be more of a hazard then the cross connection under the right circumstances. If the ice comes from a plant, find out which one. Don't complain to DHEC, complain to USDA or SC Dept. of Ag. (trust me on this one). I am almost certain DHEC stopped doing Ice Plant inspections several years ago and the feds took it over. Also, if you think that there is a cross connection, call the local EQC (Sister agency of DHEC) office and complain. They monitor the public water systems and take samples on a regular basis. They could go in and take a sample and run it for fecal coliform and that would solve the problem if there is one. If it is high, then either the water system has poop in it (HIGHLY unlikely) or there is a cross connection. The EQC number for Richland County is 803-935-7015. Just tell the person who answers what the nature of your complaint is and they will put you through to the right person. Good luck.

Posted on 10/10 12:02 PM | IP: Logged
ChiknOfTheC

user profile
Spartanburg, SC
Post #5707 Re: In our case, the source must have been an Reply

Posted on 10/10 12:16 PM | IP: Logged
USCftbl67
user profile
Post #21 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

Posted on 10/10 12:20 PM | IP: Logged

CoastCock

user profile
Myrtle Beach
Post #215 Did you drink the whole cup?*** Reply

Go #####!

Posted on 10/10 12:48 PM | IP: Logged

gamecockp
user profile
Lexington, SC
4-Star
Post #333 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

Yup, my wife and I had "crappy ice" as well. We were sitting in Sect. 9 (West Lower). Glad others thought the ice smelled like crap, too. It really sucks that you have to pay $2.50 for a SMALL coke only to have your ice lased with fecal matter. Something should really be done about this!

Posted on 10/10 12:50 PM | IP: Logged

JohnBoyUSC
user profile
Post #514 Re: toilet ice, lol Reply

"Sign below if you don't like feces in your drink"

Really though, guys, that's really disgusting. That's two places I won't be eating/drinking ever again. The other is Rockaways on Rosewood. A roach fell from the ceiling there and hit me in the head. Before I realized it was a roach, it had crawled onto my arm and then my leg. It was pretty rough. I'm not worked up by bugs but this one was actually ON ME!

Posted on 10/10 12:55 PM | IP: Logged

USCftbl67
user profile
Post #22 Re: Did you drink the whole cup?*** Reply

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FOUND IT!

Sep 24, 2020, 2:36 PM

OMG the comments had me ROTFL.

Re: FOUND IT!

Sep 24, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to FOUND IT! ]

Have never read the source for "doo doo ice"!
Many, many thanks! And a big TU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now THAT is funny as crap!

Sep 24, 2020, 2:54 PM [ in reply to FOUND IT! ]

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water

Sep 24, 2020, 3:25 PM

If they can’t throw it they will fix it where you can’t drink it!

Re: Now THAT is funny as crap!

Sep 24, 2020, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Now THAT is funny as crap! ]

HILLARIOUS!!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic