Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 15, 2019, 7:56 AM

Friday, to the Radio Room with Shorty and our respective sweet ladies for Copper Chief. They were fun and loud. Check em out.

Saturday. Up bright and early to be at the front of the line of folks trying to kayak on Lake Jocassee. Went well until the storm rolled in with about an hour left. Waited it out as long as we could. Didn't die. Could hardly move by the time I got home. Even hurt to turn on my windshield wipers. Blinker arm was okay though.

Sunday up to the French Broad River for more kayaking. This one was more of a nice little float though not much work. Rocky's Hot Chicken for lunch then back to the house to be lazy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jul 15, 2019, 8:00 AM

Pretty low key weekend. Watched my obligatory 2 days of tennis for the year. Much less grunting at Wimbledon, prolly has to do with English traditions.

Took the boat out sattidy. Otherwise, watched as DirectTV continually showed "771 - Signal Loss on Satelitte 2 - Press 'select' for more info". Dirsect seems to shut down faster tha a ground stop at PHL.

6/10 for no particular reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Not long enough. (See message below.)

Jul 15, 2019, 8:02 AM

Saturday - hung with fam.
Sunday - furniture shopped, made baked beans for 100 people, and then drank some beers and did some other stuff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda short, had to work all the way to 4:00 on Friday

Jul 15, 2019, 8:06 AM

Friday night - Watched Bambi and ate pizza

Saturday - Went to town with Mcjr, bought a couple birthday presents, got him a haircut. Celebrated my brother's 40th birthday at his place

Sunday - Church in the morning, took some church kids to the lake fishing, tubing, swimming, and bbq'd dogs.

Expensive. Bought a car. Bought a house.

Jul 15, 2019, 8:07 AM

UDP versions of each, but still. Bought a daily driver to take back and forth to work since I drive about 50 miles a day. Bought a condo downtown Aiken. Not a good move for my liver, but will be a financial win in a couple of years when we buy another house and rent it out. Dinner at Acropolis Friday night with wife, all kids, and my momma. The greek chicken is freaking delicious.

Spent time tooling around Augusta Saturday, went to the mall, had wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. It wasn't nearly as bad as you would think it would be. Was pretty good actually. The Caribbean Jerk wings are great.

Played 'the loop' at Palmetto yesterday (last three holes go around the clubhouse) with son and older daughter. Went bogey, par, birdie, so was pretty pleased. Son went par, bogey, par (chipped in on last hole) and he barely plays golf. Spent time at the pool yesterday evening with all the kids. Crushed a few beers. Water was perfect. Little one entertained us with poolside performances of her dancing and singing. Look for that kid in the movies some day.

Overall, pretty fantastic. 9/10, with deduction for no redhead things. Wife has been under the weather but that will be remedied soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

^^^”Look at me, I’m a member at Palmetto”^^^

Jul 15, 2019, 9:34 AM

That’s an LDR golf course in Aiken, for you non-CSRAites.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Took me 48 years but I finally got there. I think you are

Jul 15, 2019, 9:45 AM

thinking of Woodside, or maybe Sage Valley :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why, is she preggers again?***

Jul 15, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Expensive. Bought a car. Bought a house. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Naw mane. Had that taken care of.

Jul 15, 2019, 10:42 AM

Now we just get to practice.

you wife has been under

Jul 15, 2019, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Expensive. Bought a car. Bought a house. ]

deweather?

giggity

and lol at BWW being pretty good.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 15, 2019, 8:12 AM

Amazing 10/10

Friday - got kids early from grandparents and went to the pool. Dinner was take out from Chipotle. Netflix for kids and then bed time. The wife and I were in bed at 830. It was glorious to get some 10.5 hours of sleep.

Saturday - swimming lessons and then a bike ride around the park with the kids. Pool time and then grilled out kabobs and corn and a steak. Drank a few brews, listened to music on the porch, hit the pub for a couple and then bed time.

Sunday - first flag football game for my son. Hilarious. Pool time at a neighbors house and then adult pool time and beers the rest of the day while the kids napped and played with grandma and grandpa. Grilled dogs and burgers, fought off that late evening hangover by slamming water and then to bed at 9pm.

Tons of rest. Booze. Pool. Flag Football for my son.

Solid 10/10 and I feel rested this fine Monday morning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty fun

Jul 15, 2019, 8:16 AM

Celebrated what would have been my moms 66th bday on Friday at Waters Edge.

Wound up shooting off fireworks at neighbors house.

Bday party Saturday morning complete with Naturdays

Bartender an elopement Saturday night. 14 people a couple were drinkers. Biggest set of fakies I’ve seen in real life.

Gym Sunday AM. Got home to the kids at grandparents.

Did some yard work. Yanked 2 sago palms out of the ground with my Jeep.

Volunteer bartended at yacht club regatta.

All in all pretty fun.

And of course I’m currently ######## it out as I type

pigs of fakies?

Jul 15, 2019, 10:37 AM

you know they were on display

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

115/10 Lott of work, but worth it.

Jul 15, 2019, 8:28 AM

Friday: Took the day off work. Went to Sound check Austin and picked up gear for the House concert. Went home, and did load-in and set-up. Drove to the airport and picked up Zac Clark (he plays in Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness) for the show. Went out and had dinner and beers. Did preliminary walk through for the house show. Dropped Zac off at the hotel and went back to the house to wire sound. wound up getting the Yamaha CP4 up, and started trying to teach myself "Cecilia and the Satellite" on the piano despite not having played more than just hitting keys on it at church as a kid.

Saturday: Hung out most of the day. Met back up with Zac in the afternoon, and did sound check. Hung out until people started showing up. Zac played a nice show for 15 of us in my living room. Once it was done, we all hung out and mingled til a bit after midnight.

Sunday: Broke down all the equipment from the house concert and relaxed with beers in the afternoon.

I'm starting to forget this ####

Jul 15, 2019, 8:29 AM

Friday: Uh.....legit do not recall Friday other than working late

Saturday: went to Cootlumbia, drove past ryanadidas place of employ. Soccered a bit, back home, took kids shopping as they are off to camp this week. Soccered some more at home, fell asleep early.

Sunday: up late, had a serious fever, could not stay warm, chewed some aspirin, soccered a bit last night and bed early.

Already have two emails from my manager, who literally is Michael Scott, berating me on things I told him I was behind on a week ago and asked for more resources to complete, which he did not provide

#### this job

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All good

Jul 15, 2019, 8:39 AM

Friday: Took care of the yard work.

Saturday: Started getting ready for vacation that's coming up in a couple of weeks. "Where did we put this?" "Do we still have that?" kind of stuff.

Sunday: Dropped Maria off at the airport for her business trip. I did some unsuccessful fishing and got a tad bit drunk. Treat her good Hotlanta. I'd hate to go Sherman on your ###.

Monday: Getting hammered again. The roofers arrived at sun up. It's the last roof I'll put on the house in my lifetime....barring any natural disasters.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty #### gud

Jul 15, 2019, 8:45 AM

Fri, nothing special, met fam for thai food after work, ate way too much...picked up an inconsequential 6er on the way home, as I fell into a food coma sideways on the bed at 8:15. Got up once to make it look like I was helping getting the kids ready for bed....then again to say goodnight (they were already asleep by that point).

Sat, woke up at 9:30. ####. Watched the end of the Women's Wimbledon final, Serena got spanked.
Yard work before the rain @ 2pm (which didn't happen until 7:45 or so), finally got LilGUAR#2 riding his bike w/o training wheels....Got showered up, babbysitter came, and SheGUAR and I were going to Husk Greenville for a pre-15th-anniversary dinner. ##### be lyin'. It was a semi-belated 40th bday surprise party for moi. Pretty #### cool, I'd thought that might be something she'd do, but wasn't thinking along those lines at ALL walking in & upstairs, so the surprise, while suspected, worked. Drink & food were feckin' allsum....

Apps:
Crispy Pig Ear Lettuce Wraps, Cabbage Slaw, Pot Likker Glaze, Herbs, Peppermash....
HUSK Pimento Cheese, Grilled Ciabatta, HUSK City Ham, Pickled Relish

Entree, holy ####:
Smoked Providence Farm Pork Chop, Buttermilk Cheddar Spaetzle, Cabbage Slaw, Mustard BBQ
(SheGUAR got the swordfish that she said was the best she'd had (last time I remember her having swordfish was over 15 years ago, but whatever)

Desert & more dranks were had elsewhere w/ 2/3 of the Husk group

Also got me a bottle of Widow Jane

MORE 'desert' had at home, if ya nomsayin'.

I'm talking about sechses just in case you don't nomsayin'.

Sun, slept til noon, hell yeah. Watched Wimbledon Men's Final, awesome match...wished Federer pulled it out. Also wished he would've won. Had 2 or 3 match points, and couldn't capitalize...went into the office for 4 hours, and got roughly 0 hours worth of stuff done, so THAT was a waste.
Went home, finished off what was left of Friday's 6er, watched last 2 episodes of Stranger Thangs....

8/10, 2 points deducted from an otherwise 10/10 for work-on-sunday

Re: pretty #### gud

Jul 15, 2019, 9:33 AM

I would pay good money to sleep in that late. I cant wait till the kids are older and will sleep that late. They sleep great now, but its a 8pm-6am game. Which is ok, but I would love to sleep late just a couple Saturday's.

However, I say that and if I got the opportunity, I would be up at 6am, wide awake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hate sleeping late, tho I can't count on my internal clock

Jul 15, 2019, 9:58 AM

to do #### for me.

And yeah, the kids can pretty much feed themselves now, so unless the TV is too loud, they don't wake us up the majority of the time now

worked 10 hrs a day throwing out #### to sell house***

Jul 15, 2019, 8:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FINALLY got moved from Athens..

Jul 15, 2019, 8:53 AM

Had done most but just a few things to take to the landfill..
Will be moving into new house in about 3 weeks!!
I actually cooked dinner for my family and they lived lol
Pretty good weekend overall

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably the LAZIEST weekend I've had in a decade or more.

Jul 15, 2019, 9:05 AM

Friday, got home and started working through the back of the beer fridge for old stock that needed to get rotated out. Sat down and started watching Live At Daryl's House videos on YouTube around 7:00 and next thing I know I was still watching at midnight. Crawled off to bed and crashed hard after a week of babysitting a vendor that was in town all week.

Saturday, coffee, long hike with the pup, chores, visit to RH Mom, back home to finish up chores, trip to the grocery store, then came home and microwaved the Pioneer Woman brand meatloaf that I decided to give a fair shot that I found at the grocery store. Made smoked gouda mac & cheese with it, and I have to say...I will buy again. For a quick and easy meal it turned out to be pretty decently OK. Nowhere near what a homemade meatloaf is of course, but in a pinch it's good.

Grabbed bass and beers and out the door for LOUD rock and roll jam. Had a blast and we sounded pretty good all night.

Sunday, coffee, hike with the pup, sat down in full lazy mode and started watching season 1 of In The Dark because the Mrs. was binge-watching. I caught most of it, because full lazy mode, and it was not a bad watch. Finally got up and grabbed a shower, headed to the Thirsty Beaver to watch the Bo-Stevens, because Sunday is for honky tonkin'. Not great players, not the tightest band I've ever seen, but DANG those cats are fun and have a fantastic sing-along setlist. Proves what I've said for years...you don't have to be a perfect player, you just need to have a good time and the audience will go along with you. Came back to RH and grabbed a pizza, watched Fear The Walking Dead, then crashed.

I'm not used to scoring lazy weekends, but I think if I had used an illegal Eastern European model Lazyometer, it would have pegged at 11.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2019, 9:26 AM

In-laws took my kids to Serk De Sollay, allowing wife and I to dine at Allodia's in Lexington. Probably the best place in town to eat.

My nephew turned 1, so we had a party. It was fun.

Wife took daughter to see JoJo in Charleston. SarahAdidas sent me a few videos of the show to drive-home how horrible it was. Daughter loved it, so I guess that's all that matters (plus I didn't have to go). Daughter got a poster of the show, so she can "be like me".

We're down to 6 puppies, but they're doing good.

Cut grass.

Drank a Heady Topper.

Watched 3 Dead and Company shows on the big screen at home.

Had ##### once.

Ate BBQ at Price's in Gilbert. Best BBQ in Lexington by far... but the field is weak in this category.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Too much work. Dem Natties Doh.***

Jul 15, 2019, 9:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

had chickpeas 3 ways in one day

Jul 15, 2019, 10:05 AM

Hummus and falafel at Pita House and whole chickpeas in the house salad at Sidewall in Clemson, all were delicious

Saw a great local upstate band the Wobblers at Backstreets, check them out. Drinking and eating fries at Nick's and there was a black guy with all Ravens gear on hanging at the bar. Owner talked to him and got his name but was unable to talk to him to find out who he was. Looked up Clemson players on NFL rosters butt no mention of any Clemson guy on the Ravens. He did tell Willma that the food was average, that is why I only get the fries. It's probably racist that I think he is a football player. Had an excellent soft pretzel at Charleston Pub

Lots of good dog walks between the storms. Saw my Dad and fed him lunch, no five guys this time.

Jul 15, 2019, 10:50 AM

Love Jocassee and the waterfalls. We paddled 12 miles. Up to the end of the western leg.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fella leading the way said we were at the

Jul 15, 2019, 11:19 AM

Thompson falls? No idea how far we paddled. But were probably on the move for 4.5 of the 6 hours we were out there.

Far fewer power boats that I imagined and all of them were well behaved.

I'm either going to need to upgrade my boat or hope my buddy buys a slower one. My swifty 9.5 couldn't keep up with his rented old town Vapor 12

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been there done that

Jul 15, 2019, 11:29 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XCNmyCJ-YQE

Good weekend....

Jul 15, 2019, 11:25 AM

Thanks for asking.

Friday. Kind of quiet, except house full of wimmens. Nurse and occupational therapist came to house.
Made German Meatballs and sauerkraut.

Saturday got quieter. Down to wife and daughter. Expected someone to come work on house, but they no show.
Made Italian bake.

Sunday. Quiet. Made quiche for ladies. Watched westerns.

Physical therapist is her with wife now. Major Payne. For real she is Major in U.S. Army. Spanish American cat lady.

pigs of Spanish American cat lady?***

Jul 15, 2019, 12:28 PM

Good. Went to lake.

Jul 15, 2019, 11:31 AM

Saturday spent all day making kids clean up and packing. Got to lake about 2pm. Uncle-in-law, bro-in-law, and cousin-in-law all were drinking in the rain and lightening in the water. Let them be. They bailed on cooking the steaks, so I did that. They finally came up from the water after everyone had eaten and were sloshed. I'd had about 5 or six myself by then. They had far more. Uncle-in-law who is always the instigator, offered up shots of Maker's Mark out of his truck. They were still hot from being in the truck all day. Well, I held down two of them on top of far too much beer. BIL and cousin-in-law not so lucky. They both commenced to barfing. Uncle-in-law and I drank another beer together and shared some Basil-Hayden on the rocks. Didn't black out but sure got fuzzy. Made it to bed by 11pm. Wife non plussed. Aunt-in-law ticked. Sister in law ticked. Brand new wife of cousin (for 3 months) not impressed. Kids were kept away and asleep before the drunks came up from the water.

Sunday nursed a migraine-like hangover headache half the day. Oldest son tried to water ski. Went and saw dad and came back home to work. I'm free this whole week now. I only have two of my normal three full time jobs to do this week. Ended up in our jacuzzi tub last night. Almost fell asleep in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Horrible but it got better today.

Jul 15, 2019, 2:11 PM

I sat on my butt all weekend due to being broke. Sucks to be poor but I have a long journey to save toward. Today I took a good next first step. I got another coat on clear on the wood trim and may be able to finish it in the next few days if the humidity remains low during the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long af

Jul 15, 2019, 2:24 PM
DSC07767.jpg(161.7 K)
DSC08018.jpg(126.9 K)
DSC08031.jpg(114.0 K)

Friday I watched MI3 and went to bed.

Saturday up at the asscrack of dawn to head down to hartwell for the 1st of our annual back to back weekends at....drum roll....sail camp. Was miserable af in the heat. The only place that has A/C in the clubhouse is the bathroom. Got home a sweaty mess, took a shower and crashed.

Sunday was a repeat of Saturday except less hot and was coerced to go out on a boat to take pics of the kids sailing.

Here's TOTE1Jr

Jul 15, 2019, 2:28 PM
6.jpg(221.6 K)

that looks lik TOTE1

Jul 15, 2019, 6:06 PM

who's the chick?

And the streak of Shorty, aero and their ladies going to a

Jul 15, 2019, 9:21 PM

concert each week for 3 weeks will come to an end.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic