Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FGF gold-----one of their fans gets it ------just posted..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

FGF gold-----one of their fans gets it ------just posted..

Nov 15, 2018, 9:23 AM

Most of them are clueless; but, this one understands:

"The problem is he (Muschamp) failed miserably at a loaded Florida . He came here and said he learned from his mistakes and what does he do ... hires the same OC he had a UF . As we know that was a big failure , Honestly I see the same guy that I saw at UF without the great defense . I don’t think he will recruit here and so far his classes are are no better than Spurrier . I honestly think he will be here for a while because as long as he hovers around .500 our fanbase will except it . We are not Bama , UGA , LSU , or Clemson and as long as we keep beating Vandy and the doormats everyone will fall in line . That’s what we have done for 100 years."

Question is: Why are they mad at being .500? Is not that about their all time record? See Winsipedia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hindsight's 20-20

Nov 15, 2018, 9:35 AM

But absolutely worthless.

Re: FGF gold-----one of their fans gets it ------just posted..

Their fans didn’t know any better to speak of until the 1970s and even then streaks were far and few. Morrison cheated and got caught and they didn’t have a winning record overall until Holtz and the OBC brought them out of it in THIS CENTURY!! Let that sink in for a moment.

Muscrap is a perfect coach for the chickens - all talk, decent results, vague promises and therefore “Wait until Next Year!” fits the program once again! Next Saturday is fast approaching and Tiger fans merely need to “be nice” and watch a Tiger ?? slaughter a chicken ??!!

Nov 15, 2018, 10:17 AM

I would agree that Spurrier brought them temporarily out of it. Holtz had a streak of 0-22 going there for a while. It made me happy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how many points we will put up on their D. I would definitely think over 50.

Nov 15, 2018, 9:49 AM

My question is: Why did it take him so many years to actually figure this out? T-netters even told them the answer, and all they had to do was pay attention in t-net class. They sure are dumb. Bless their hearts.

Nov 15, 2018, 9:50 AM

Before Spurrier, they were sub .500... that is how good a coach the OBC was. in advancing difficulty, he won the Natty at UF, won the conference at Duke, and got the Coots above .500.

What is funny is that Muscoot is actually doing a good job at SC. In the last two years, they compiled wins totals way above their level of play. Muscoots teams get outplayed but somehow find a way to win a few of those games (See NC State/La Tech 2017 and Mizzu/OleMiss this year). So rather than being a 4-6 win team, they finish higher than expected (6-9 wins).

What makes that cruel is that they are a "meh" team winning a few more games and when they roll into a big showdown, they are beaten badly. The "eye test" goes against them and the despair is greater within the fanbase.

I consider them the opposite of NC State. NC State is often (not always) *better* than their record suggest but somehow can't put the pieces together. They find a way to lose games when they outplay the other team (See NC State v Clemson in 2016). Realistically, SC should be sitting at 3-6 if not 2-7 (if UT could have pulled it out). However, they are 5-4 and two of those 5 wins were muscoot pulling it out of thin air. Heck, when he won the SEC east UF, it seemed he pulled that 11-2 year out of thin air because the team should not have been a 11 win team.

My question to any coot unhappy with Muscoot would be: What coach available is an upgrade over Muscoot? Not rolling the dice on a OC/DC without experience? What coach would you pull away to a program with Clemson, UGA, and Mullin's UF on the schedule? UF just fired Ewwwlain, but that gets into the coots bad habits. Neal Brown a Troy? I hope he does not ruin his rep with that choice... if he sits back and waits (and keeps running up 10 win season), he could land a major power program. Snicker, Kiffin?

Their history suggests if they were to replace Muschamp

Nov 15, 2018, 10:02 AM

They'd try Les Miles and Art Briles, in that order.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their history suggests if they were to replace Muschamp

Nov 15, 2018, 10:05 AM

Howard Schnellenberger

Re: Their history suggests if they were to replace Muschamp

Nov 15, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Their history suggests if they were to replace Muschamp ]

I don't see Les Miles as being THAT desperate at 65. It will take a few years to get his players going and then they will be at the late 60s coach dropoff. Biles though, maybe... if Louisville doesn't out bid for him. Still, at 62, not sure if that is the best fit as the work ratio to what Briles could get away with at Baylor. If Briles takes the USC job, then the NCAA would live in Columbia and be bought/paid for by UGA/UF/and UT boosters. Tanner probably does not want to deal with that.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: FGF gold-----one of their fans gets it ------just posted.. ]

Great points with exception of your NC St 2016 game point. I dont feel they outplayed us, more like we just let them hang around and kept them in the game. Not knocking their ability to do that, but barring a pick 6 DW4 threw after looking away from coverage because of a ball issue (funny what we remember right?) and one or two huge breaks that went States way, that game could have easily been a route. As to Coach Mus (there is no champ there) I know there were actually a few somewhat logical chicken fans that were against the hire from the jump, under the rationale, if you cant win in Florida, you CANT win period. Funny thing is, all those Florida QBs that transferred all did pretty well and are in the league now..Once they got away from Coach Mus that is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 11:34 AM

I can kinda agree with you about State '16. You could split it as either way. It was just about as much of our guys making way to many mistakes. The game as a whole, it was a lot of mixed things. We played down and they played up... but they still lost.

However, with the game being such as shambled mess, I look at each teams last possession. We had an opportunity and stalled out (wheels came off really). They took over with a longish field. They drove it 6+ minutes from their 30 and basically ran it down our throat when it mattered. At the moment that it counted in the 4th, they out played us. We got lucky or NC State had their normal bad luck.

Thank goodness that in OT, the sobering of the missed fieldgoal made is take them seriously.

When does Ron Zook

Nov 15, 2018, 10:27 AM

get his chance at Coot U, they love them gator leftovers

Re: When does Ron Zook

Nov 15, 2018, 11:52 AM

I hear that UF doesn't have pink slips, just USC contracts.

Re: When does Ron Zook

Nov 15, 2018, 11:56 AM

????????

As ignorant and deluded as u5c fans are...

Nov 15, 2018, 11:34 AM

I am amazed most by how surprised they seem to be that CussChamp is nothing more than a mediocre recruiter and coach.

He was a miserable failure at Florida; a place where he had the benefit of significantly better talent, facilities, and resources.

What in God's name made them think he would achieve better results at a perennial bottom feeder like u5c?

They knew, or at least they should have known, EXACTLY what they were getting when he was hired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He learned from his mistakes at Florida

Nov 15, 2018, 11:41 AM

yeah he sucked there, but that just makes him better at cooterU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just happy that they're so happy with him ...

Nov 15, 2018, 11:48 AM

Maybe they'll give him a lifetime contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's amazing they talked themselves into Muschamp to

Nov 15, 2018, 11:40 AM

begin with.

It not like they had any better options...

Nov 15, 2018, 11:43 AM

CussChamp literally begged for the job because he knew Auburn as about to can him and Tanner had already been turned down by at least seven other coaches.

It amazed be that they paid him over 3 mill per year, when

Nov 15, 2018, 12:03 PM

they could have had him for a third of that!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's amazing they talked themselves into Muschamp to

Nov 15, 2018, 11:53 AM [ in reply to It's amazing they talked themselves into Muschamp to ]

https://imgur.com/a/GdpiGNs

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic