Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney discusses Jacoby Ford's future in football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney discusses Jacoby Ford's future in football

Nov 19, 2015, 9:41 AM

Swinney discusses Jacoby Ford's future in football

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure wished we had someone like him returning kickoffs.

Nov 19, 2015, 9:43 AM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sure wished we had someone like him returning kickoffs.

Nov 19, 2015, 9:47 AM

One of the fastest to ever wear the Tiger Paw!!!

Blows my mind that someone doesn't want to pick him up!

Nov 19, 2015, 9:50 AM

He isn't just fast... he fights for the ball.

I wish we had people who could block.***

Nov 19, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to I sure wished we had someone like him returning kickoffs. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I wish we had people who could block.***

Nov 19, 2015, 9:52 AM

I wish we were number 1 in the nation, oh wait....

Our kickoff/punt return game is nowhere near #1.

Nov 19, 2015, 10:35 AM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/returning/sort/kickReturnYards?scrlybrkr=4ddaf8a3

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/16

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/returning/sort/puntReturnYards?scrlybrkr=4ddaf8a3

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 19, 2015, 10:57 AM [ in reply to I sure wished we had someone like him returning kickoffs. ]

Blows my mind we have a between-the-tackles running back returning kicks. Adds 10-15 yards to offensive drives; let's just hope we continue to finish drives. It's dangerous starting from the 15.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Nov 19, 2015, 11:56 AM [ in reply to I sure wished we had someone like him returning kickoffs. ]

We have plenty of people skilled enough to return well...

There's something else going on with our return game imo. It's odd weaker teams continually do better on us with returns and coverage for kick offs. Been an issue for years now.

Is is injury record all that holds him back?

Nov 19, 2015, 9:54 AM

I guess NFL team management looks at everything as an investment. For he does well the chance he gets injured again must be something that hurts his chances.

IMO yes....

Nov 19, 2015, 10:08 AM

He just can't seem to stay healthy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yet Jay Cutler still has a job...***

Nov 19, 2015, 10:41 AM

WR's in the NFL are a dime a dozen.

Nov 19, 2015, 11:08 AM

QB's...not so much

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jacoby Ford's

Nov 19, 2015, 10:50 AM

One of the fastest humans I have ever seen. I remember Ray Ray Mac wanted to race him ( Ray Ray ran a 4.3) after the race Ray Ray was asked if he wanted a rematch. He said " no" as he walked away shaking his head. Wish we could get him back just for returns. Best of luck to Ford.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Re: Jacoby Ford's

Nov 19, 2015, 10:54 AM

Those Raider teams he played on were bad ,., no QB ,. different QB every other week

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jacoby Ford's

Nov 19, 2015, 11:48 AM

This is a perfect example that the Raiders are where NFL careers go to die. I was worried when he ended up with the Raiders that this would happen. Hopefully he gets another shot. We are all pulling for him!

Hello... Buffalo...

Nov 19, 2015, 2:33 PM

We have lost 2 veteran receivers for the season. We need a kick and punt return guy.

You listening Rex?

Dabo is very conservative about turnovers and getting skill

Nov 19, 2015, 8:48 PM

players hurt. We have been successful because we didn't put our skill guys at risk.(the ones with experience that don't fumble) Our coverage teams need lots of work. Gallman and Fuller are returning kickoffs because they will hold on to the ball and if a hole opens up they will take it. That's just my opinion. Dabo runs a wide open offense and attacking defense but with Deshaun controlling the ship a good safe fielded ball is money in the bank most drives.

I do think that will be Dabos next area he'll try to master. We are number 1 because we have no glaring weakness like many other teams. Feaster is going to be a guy you let go. Ray Ray will add speed, weight and strength, I think he is the one Dabo wants returning Kickoffs and punts. He's a true 5* freshman and he and Dion are going to be out of this world good. Mark Fields has blinding speed and the vison to be a great return man.

This year the off season was spent getting so many inexperienced players experience. The bowl practices and off season will be spent on those things. Dabo and team got us through the toughest part of the schedule 10-0 with a tough home game and away game in cooterville. I think we will win the ACC championship with flying colors. Our defense is set up to beat them and their defense has its hardest time against spread passing teams.

I love Jacoby and I hope and pray he gets another shot as a wideout in the NFL.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic