Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Morris says he almost stayed at Clemson because of Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Morris says he almost stayed at Clemson because of Deshaun Watson

Jan 17, 2015, 11:56 AM

Morris says he almost stayed at Clemson because of Deshaun Watson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Morris says he almost stayed at Clemson because of Deshaun Watson

Jan 17, 2015, 12:01 PM

Classy!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Morris says he almost stayed at Clemson because of Deshaun Watson

Jan 17, 2015, 12:27 PM

Thank you coach Morris, for all the time that you and your family put in for the prize that you rewarded us with!
Best of luck at SMU!

He's one of the good guys!***

Jan 17, 2015, 12:08 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 17, 2015, 12:14 PM

In all fairness, Morris reaped the benefits of Sammy, Nuk, Andre, etc.

Jan 17, 2015, 12:23 PM

And with all due respect, coach Morris had a choice to stay or leave.

Jan 17, 2015, 2:56 PM

Hard to turn down 700,000 a year pay raise and back to the state you truly love.

Thanks for what he did to get us back in the national pictur. Good luck at SMU!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2015, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Morris says he almost stayed at Clemson because of Deshaun Watson ]

In all fairness, he had a huge part in their success as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Jan 17, 2015, 6:33 PM

I agree, but it's not like the cupboard was empty when he got here

Jan 17, 2015, 9:06 PM

And your point is what??? What does that have to do with his relationship with Deshaun Watson???

and your point, he was very successful utilizing the talent

Jan 18, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Morris says he almost stayed at Clemson because of Deshaun Watson ]

how many times in the past have we had great skill talent and crapped the bed and underachieved. TB yrs says hi, we had James Davis, Spiller, and some of the best receiver corps and still managed to either come up just short or barely managed 7 or 8 win seasons. Morris was part of 4 10 or more seasons, including an ACC championship and 2 BCS games and 1 BCS victory.

Re: and your point, he was very successful utilizing the talent

Jan 18, 2015, 10:32 AM

I thought Morris was part of three 10 wins or more seasons and nine in 2014. Morris was not around for the tenth win this past season.

Could have been ten this year but his inability to coach Cole up and game plan to Cole's full strengths. Cole's performance in our bowl game proved that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and your point, he was very successful utilizing the talent

Jan 18, 2015, 12:44 PM

Morris transformed Clemsons offense over several years and deserves a pat on the back and a good luck from tiger fans! With that said he made many head scratching calls this season and his inability to utilize Coles strengths and maintain a downhill passing attack with him in the game just blew me away! I am looking forward to seeing someone else call the plays this year and getting our offensive swagger back! Good luck Chad! Go Tigers!

Although I appreciate the great things that Coach Morris did

Jan 17, 2015, 12:38 PM

for the Clemson football team, IMHO things worked out well with regard to the timing of his departure.

I think that he needed a new challenge, and likewise the offense was ready for a breath of fresh air as well.

I wish Coach Morris all the luck in the world at SMU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said***

Jan 17, 2015, 12:59 PM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

well said.***

Jan 17, 2015, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Although I appreciate the great things that Coach Morris did ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree - 100%

Jan 20, 2015, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Although I appreciate the great things that Coach Morris did ]

And he did not do a good job coaching Cole either!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After 3 years at SMU he will probably wish he had !

Jan 17, 2015, 1:01 PM

I'd love to see Chad turn that program around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately he wont get the the skill it requires for his

Jan 17, 2015, 8:55 PM

offense to overcome the poor defense he will work with.

Think you might be surprised.***

Jan 17, 2015, 9:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish Morris well - he did nothing but make Clemson

Jan 18, 2015, 3:07 AM

better

And he will do great things at SMU - he is perfectly positioned there to recruit WELL, or spectacular.

he is a Texas high school legend and his stock has only gone up at Clemson.

nothing but good has come from him being at Clemson.

null

I haven't had anything nice to say about Morris in a year.

Jan 18, 2015, 5:57 AM

I'll say one thing for him, he sees natural ability and the drive to develop skill in a kid two years before other coaches.

I hope he's happy where he is because I'm happy where we are now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

X-actly***

Jan 20, 2015, 10:53 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, coach!

Jan 20, 2015, 12:28 PM

You left the job MUCH better than when you took it! I enjoyed watching your creative take on the "wing t"! You did a lot of good at Clemson, and I am glad we were able to catch you on your rise! I think your success will continue wherever you go! You bought us potentially the best qb to ever play at Clemson! I wish you all the success in the world! Unless, it comes at a cost for us!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic