Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Dabo Swinney not ranked in CFB Top 10 Coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

FB Update: Dabo Swinney not ranked in CFB Top 10 Coaches

Jun 9, 2017, 9:52 AM

Dabo Swinney not ranked in CFB Top 10 Coaches

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Les Miles ranked as a better coach than Dabo Swinney

Jun 9, 2017, 10:03 AM

He probably thinks that Mack Brown calls a great game as a play by play announcer too! What an idiot!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Jun 9, 2017, 10:04 AM

Ha!!!!!!!! My lasting memory of Less Miles will always be him calling three straight passing plays to try to run out the clock against Clemson in the 2012 bowl game. Two were incomplete and gave the Tigers just enough time to race down the field (while LSU defensive guys were dropping like flies) and have Chandler Catanzarro kick the last second winning field goal. When it comes to Miles, more is less. :)

Jun 9, 2017, 10:06 AM

If memory serves me correctly, Dabo has not played five of them. Of the five he has played against, he has beaten them ALL in their last head to head matchup.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2017, 10:13 AM

Dabo lost to Patterson (TCU)....but still a better coach

Jun 11, 2017, 10:14 AM

Myer has been owned by Dabo.

TU for "dropping like flies "!***

Jun 9, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Les Miles ranked as a better coach than Dabo Swinney ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quoting the old Tombstone tombstone, No Les, No More.

Jun 9, 2017, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Les Miles ranked as a better coach than Dabo Swinney ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAKE NEWS !!***

Jun 9, 2017, 10:14 AM

everyone has an #######***

Jun 9, 2017, 10:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Dabo Swinney not ranked in CFB Top 10 Coaches

Jun 9, 2017, 10:15 AM

I dont get the Jimbo love.

Jun 9, 2017, 10:18 AM

Evweebody wovs wittle Jimbo.

His whorish ex wife who likes banging BBC

Jun 9, 2017, 12:27 PM

Gator meat don't like him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not jimbos ex wife***

Jun 9, 2017, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Dabo Swinney not ranked in CFB Top 10 Coaches ]

He's click baiting Clemson fans to get page views

Jun 9, 2017, 10:24 AM

and comments.

Every hack writer in the country has learned how easy it is to stir up Tiger fans. Please just know he's full of crap and let it go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top ten coaches of this "era"....

Jun 9, 2017, 10:28 AM

wonder what his definition of "this era" is...

CFB playoff era?
past 20 years?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, like Coots modern era for example is.... '09-'13....***

Jun 9, 2017, 12:30 PM

Two days in a row!!! This should be good

Jun 9, 2017, 10:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice Click-Bait Title

Jun 9, 2017, 10:36 AM

I actually don't have much of a problem with the list, maybe aside from Gary Patterson, who I think gets a lot of love which isn't necessarily deserved. Chris Petersen is way too high as well, in my opinion.

I kind of disagree on Chris Peterson. He doesn't have the

Jun 9, 2017, 12:59 PM

hardware yet, but he's a helluva coach. He's solidly in my top 5 active head coaches. I really think Dabo has earned the #3 spot behind Saban and Meyer, but Peterson might be #4. I'd rather have him than Jimbo Fisher despite the lack of a natty.

Gary Patterson has lost a little bit of his shine. I agree he's a little overrated. He does deserve a good bit of credit for his stretch at TCU that landed them a spot in the Big XII, but he's had several turd seasons recently.

Re: I kind of disagree on Chris Peterson. He doesn't have the

Jun 9, 2017, 2:12 PM

I guess my problem with Petersen is where he coached as well. Boise St is a big fish in a small pond, and they would play one good team a season before settling down to beat up on Montana Tech Community College for the remainder. I believe he's a very good coach, and he's going to keep Washington as a national contender for the long term, but with most of his resume being at Boise--a team that was just as good before he was coach--hurts him a lot. I don't mind him in the Top 10, but I think #10 should be the ceiling for him.

Re: Nice Click-Bait Title

Jun 9, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Nice Click-Bait Title ]

I'm with you on Patterson and Peterson. I am also curious of the Era he mentions. Because if you can go back to Mack Brown and Tressel, then tbh, leaving Spurrier off the list is dumb. I would say Spurrier was a better coach than any of those 4, and probably Stoops as well. SC tarnished his legacy, but come on, the dude literally called game plans better than just about anyone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very misleading crump

Jun 9, 2017, 11:17 AM

The article compared coaches that started around the same era as stoops. Dabo is too young to be included.

Yet Jimbo Fisher is included

Jun 9, 2017, 11:53 AM

and Jimbo got his head coaching gig AFTER Dabo Swinney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

It doesn't say head coaches...***

Jun 9, 2017, 12:07 PM

The article said head coaches

Jun 9, 2017, 12:24 PM

"Among head coaches whose tenure began at or around the same time as Stoops’ arrival at Oklahoma, here’s where he stacks up"

Which makes Jimbo Fisher's inclusion (and Dabo Swinney's exclusion) very odd.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/big12/2017/06/07/where-bob-stoops-ranks-college-football-coaches/102606454/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: The article said head coaches

Jun 9, 2017, 2:08 PM

Yea, that's true too...maybe they're counting his arrival as "head coach in waiting" as him actually being a head coach? It was pretty well known that Bobby Bowden was sort of just stumbling around the sidelines at that point and Jimbo was the one running the show.

Re: The article said head coaches

Jun 9, 2017, 2:42 PM [ in reply to The article said head coaches ]

Plus Mack Brown was a head Coach in 19 Aught seven! So again, criteria is odd.

Jun 9, 2017, 11:39 AM

All these guys are good coaches but bob stoops at 4 won 1 natty yes but got ran thru in two other Nattys and cfb playoffs showing him respect bc he retired I guess. I can maybe see an argument for a lot of these coaches(not over Dabo he should be in the list) but Chris freAkin Peterson at 5 yea he beat that stoops team in fiesta bowl with BSU but they only had to prepare for 1 or 2 big games a year including bowl game! Plus he got Washington to 1 playoff and lost game one wow! Not hard to beat some big boys when you have all offseason and season to prepare bc they play in mountain freaking west or w.e

Does this "era" include the last four years?

Jun 9, 2017, 11:53 AM

CFP is three years old...Swinney in two out of three.

Last year of the BCS...Swinney wins a big one.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! He has played 3 of the top 4 on that list, 6 times and

Jun 9, 2017, 12:28 PM

WON FIVE!!! Annnnnd , he has beaten #9 the last two times he played him....So, In his last 8 contests versus the top 10 on that list, he is 7-1. I'll just have to live with what we've got.

I think he's 6-2 in the last 8 and 7-2 in last 9

Jun 9, 2017, 9:09 PM

If you go back to the last 8, that would include the 2015 loss to Bama and the 2014 loss to FSU but wouldn't include the 2013 win against OSU.

Forget the years. The last two times he played either of the

Jun 10, 2017, 10:00 PM

OSU's he is 4-0, 2-0 the last two times he played FSU, 1-1 versus Bama...

He must be kidding!!!! This is BULL$$t***

Jun 9, 2017, 12:40 PM

Headline is misleading as i thought this was active head

Jun 9, 2017, 1:02 PM

coaches.

As it is, by far the most overrated guy on the list is Les Miles. I never thought he was a great coach, and i would take Dabo ahead of him any day of the week.

Does this

Jun 9, 2017, 1:02 PM

Does this give me the option to tell every other fan base, when we beat them, that we beat them with a supposed 2nd rate coach? Obviously Dabo is a top 5 coach easily, but this does give me some firepower against BuckNuts, Bammers, and Free Shoes U. Thanks ESPN.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And thank you USA Today***

Jun 9, 2017, 1:03 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The slight against Dabo is obvious but...

Jun 9, 2017, 1:19 PM

love him or hate him, you have to include Steve Spurrier in any top ten college coaching list for whatever you're calling the current era.

This list shows the writer's ignorance more than anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The slight against Dabo is obvious but...

Jun 9, 2017, 2:46 PM

Exactly. He won at Duke when it was almost impossible to. I truly believe he won the last three games against us with his play calling. Dude could coach when he was inspired.

click bait for the thin skinned

Jun 9, 2017, 1:36 PM

Please take it down

The pundits and talking heads are lagging

Jun 9, 2017, 1:59 PM

Indicators. If we win the NC this year Dabo will be the greatest coach ever except for Saban. You don't care about the commentators. You play the game and the fair weather praise will come on its own.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misleading title. I bet that worked.

Jun 9, 2017, 2:15 PM

I can understand it if they are talking about since like 2000.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mack Brown - OVERRATED!

Jun 9, 2017, 2:16 PM

nm

No Problem...

Jun 9, 2017, 2:27 PM

Jeep winning on a high level, gain more tenure & win another Natty or two..

And DaBO will move uP the ladder sooner than later!

Gut eR Done!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mack Brown - OVERRATED! Agreed!

Jun 9, 2017, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Mack Brown - OVERRATED! ]

The last years of Mack Brown, were so bad that it wiped away the memory of some of the great seasons he had. Despite top recruiting classes, tons of money and fan support, he just couldnt get it done. Texas was the laughing stock for a time. I really think that most of his wins were due to the talent of his team, alone. no way he should be on this list. If Mack is on there then a case could be made for Spurrier.

Another one on the list is Tressel. Talk about a short resume.....

Re: Mack Brown - OVERRATED! Agreed!

Jun 9, 2017, 2:49 PM

Mack was Big Game Bob before Bob became a head coach. They always wilted in big games. Tressel? Only at Ohiyo St. Could the most boring football teams ever be considered good coaching. Yeah, win 9-10 games against a then seriously depleted big 11. Not impressed with him either.

Tressell managed to beat a really stacked Miami team in

Jun 9, 2017, 4:10 PM

2002 in the national title game. Sure it wasn't quite as loaded as the 2001 Miami team, but it was still chock full of future NFL players. He had OSU in the mix just about every year after that too until the scandal cost him his job.

Jun 10, 2017, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Mack Brown - OVERRATED! Agreed! ]

Uh Mack brown played for two national championships and had a pretty decent winning record. Tressel got his squad to bcs bowl games

Jun 10, 2017, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Mack Brown - OVERRATED! Agreed! ]

Uh..... Mack brown played for two national championships and had a pretty dang good winning record. Tressel got his squad to bcs bowl games 8 of his 10 years there including 3 national championship games. And you really want to bring up the strength of another conference through the 2000s? Haha, take off the orange colored glasses or stop calling yourselves "college football fans". Are we here to have legitimate football conversation or just bash on all of the blue bloods because we're new to the party?

Fineboob trolling Clemson again. Don't sweat it.***

Jun 9, 2017, 2:57 PM

Wasn't PF's list and PF is very complimentary of Clemson.

Jun 10, 2017, 3:48 PM

I listen to his show, he's very respectful of Clemson, Dabo, and our fans.

Blown Credibility

Jun 9, 2017, 3:41 PM

When you dont give criteria for coming up with a list of top coaches, you lose any credibility. Shame on USA Today for publishing such garbage. Fails the sanity test.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2017, 3:55 PM

His poll and his opinion are worthless! That is all!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2017, 5:14 PM

First off, Tressel really lost to Miami, but due to coke-bottled glass wearing official making the worst championship-deciding call EVER, he won a NC.
Petersen has done NOTHING. Might as well include some coaches from North Dakota St or Mount Union...
Dabo did lose to Patterson in his first season and that was TCU's greatest recent team ever. We only list by 4 too.
Jimbo's unethical.
Mack...please.
Dabo' better than Meyer!!! Beat his --- 2 times. Head to head doesn't matter?
Ditto about Stoops.
I'd put Dabo #2 and yes Spurrier is solidly in there too!!!

Jun 11, 2017, 10:45 AM

I agree with your summarization. Dabo doesn't get the same respect, but it's pretty amusing to me that whenever he plays one of the "greats" we seem to do very, very well. Them? Not so much. In fact, lately, his teams have curb stomped these "great coaches" lauded so highly, and I also agree, albeit with a very heavy heart, that spurlid was a great coach and accomplished much. Anybody who can take that bunch of losers in cola and win some games is doing something right. Now, he did catch us at a kind of rebuilding time, and he did get to coach in the secheat least region, but he won games - something never done there (and maybe never repeated). That said, he comes across as a smarmy jerk. I'm glad he was their's. He fit in very well there. That is all.

Good...something to keep coaching for

Jun 9, 2017, 6:17 PM

Motivation for Dabo

No Slurrier***

Jun 9, 2017, 6:21 PM

They're right, Dabo isn't much of a coach really.

Jun 9, 2017, 7:13 PM

No personality, never gets around town, can't recruit, can't win the close games, can't win consistently, can't win the big ones.

Too bad we're stuck with him. Y'all go find someone else to run your programs. He'd ruin yours like he did ours. Maybe we can afford a buyout eventually.

We'll just sit here in our misery until then.

According to Finebum, one coach has joined the ranks of Prince and Cher...

Jun 9, 2017, 9:11 PM

And only goes by one name...

Meyer.

~JKB

Jun 9, 2017, 11:54 PM

his opinion don't mean s--t to me!

Jun 10, 2017, 2:47 PM

Obviously Dabo deserves to be on this list. High on this list. He hasn't been around as long as some so maybe about number 5. I don't understand Fisher being ahead of him. Also, no matter how his career ended, Spurrier has to be on this list. He won at Duke. He was dominant at Florida. And for a brief period he even made the Coots relevant.

Jun 10, 2017, 9:19 PM

There are some questionable names on the list and an absence of some other deserving names. Like all of you, I believe Dabo belongs on the list, but unlike tiger fans, I believe Dabo belongs right behind Jimbo because Dabo's record against Jimbo is 3-4...unless this is a 2 year beauty contest.

Jun 10, 2017, 9:53 PM

I am a legitimate college football fan who happens to be a hardcore Clemson Tiger fan and a Clemson grad. I hear all this junk on here about how no one respects Clemson....I don't ever encounter that and I have good friends all over the country that belong to many different bases. Sometimes I wonder if the ATTITUDE of the people on here complaining about this resultes in the negative outlook of those they encounter? There aren't many bases that show zero respect for other programs that this base. Not all, but a large group of our base is guilty of this. Acting like other teams are straight garbage because they haven't been as good as Clemson over the past two years is such a pea brained approach.

Jun 11, 2017, 10:12 AM

Dabo has not broken enough NCAA rules to make that list.

Wow

Jun 12, 2017, 8:33 AM

I mean I guess this gives us something else to itch about. I feel like as a fan base we get offended by a lot of stuff. But then again I think it's because we just like to fight.

Jun 12, 2017, 10:47 AM

Dabo will be there in everybody's career rankings one day, but it's a little too early for him to be on an "era" coaching list. He's only been a head coach (and a GREAT one) since 2008.

Jun 12, 2017, 12:08 PM

He should be on list . J Fisher has coached essentially the same, so what's the diff?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic