Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Chad Morris Named SMU Head Coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

FB Update: Chad Morris Named SMU Head Coach

Dec 1, 2014, 4:48 PM

Chad Morris Named SMU Head Coach

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Chad Morris Named SMU Head Coach

Dec 1, 2014, 4:53 PM

Congratulations and thanks for the memories now to see who will pick up where you left off and take us to the next level.....whoever it is

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 6:05 PM

Things turned out as I expected when he came here and I am thankful that we had the experience of watching him create excitement that had been missing for a while at Clemson. Thanks for that
Coach Morris.
I wish Chad well and will be following him and wishing him well.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Chad Morris Named SMU Head Coach ]

I'm betting all takers it will be Jeff Scott....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 6:54 PM

I'm trying to imagine who we could get to fill the other spot on the offensive staff were that to happen. We could bring in some top-level minds to coach the players that we have here. Just like Gruden said, "I would love to be coaching wide receivers at Clemson." Think we could lure some serious up-and-coming young talent away from a major program to be a part of our offense? I believe we can.

Dec 1, 2014, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Chad Morris Named SMU Head Coach ]

You're correct, my friend... he's been in training since Morris got here... He could likely tell you what Morris had for breakfast each morning and ehhh... when he went to dispose of that meal...

All that is left is to see his decision making ability and situational play calling in the Bowl Game... He's a sharp guy, and I have 100% confidence in Dabo's decision making ability!!

Dec 1, 2014, 4:56 PM

Chad Morris, you are first class! We wish you and your family well at SMU. Thanks much for all you did at Clemson. You made a positive difference in the lives of players, coaches and fans. May God continue to bless you!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 4:56 PM

Good luck coach thank you for everything you have done for our university. Hope nothing but the best for you and your family. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 5:00 PM

I am a Clemson Tiger who lives in Dallas a couple miles from SMU. I greatly appreciate everything Chad Morris has done for Clemson and wish him great success with the Mustangs!
If anyone can turn them around, he can.

Dec 1, 2014, 4:57 PM

Well Its official!! Good Luck Chad! Thanks for all you have done for the TIGERS!!!!! Don't take any recruits and have fun. NEXT?????????

Dec 1, 2014, 6:17 PM

I can not imagine one of our caliber recruits wanting to help Chad beat that dead horse at SMU. Maybe in 4 or 5 years, but not right now!!! I'm sending some special guys to help him beat that horse on his feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 4:57 PM

We're gonna miss ya Chad. And thanks!!! Do it big as a Mustang and hope to see you, sooner than later.

Hey Dabo, call up Jon Gruden. I distinctly remember him saying something about wanting to coach and Clemson......

#theNEWvisor

WHAT!? I'm stunned!! This is so out of the blue....***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's *into* the blue

Dec 1, 2014, 5:41 PM

For Morris, anyway

Good luck Coach Morris.

Class act. Wish him the best. I have a feeling with the

Dec 1, 2014, 5:13 PM

talent on board and coming in, as well as the financial commitment Clemson and Dabo have made to the coaching staff, there will be a lot of candidates clamoring for an opportunity to be OC.

Best of luck to Coach Morris. I will be pulling for him to

Dec 1, 2014, 5:22 PM

have great success at SMU.

Good for him and his family. He's given a lot to Clemson...

Dec 1, 2014, 5:23 PM

...and has always represented the university in a superb manner. I wish him well.

Re: Good for him and his family. He's given a lot to Clemson...

Dec 1, 2014, 6:24 PM

Clemson gave him plenty for what we received, bull up chad.

You can't ever go wrong by saying "thank you"...

Dec 2, 2014, 10:28 AM

...to someone who has earned it.

Sure, Clemson paid the man, but the record books show that the $ was well spent.

No one wants Rob Spence running the offense again, do they? We don't always see coaches parting on amicable terms. Coach Morris did a solid job at Clemson. It's appropriate to thank him for his services, IMO.

Dec 1, 2014, 5:24 PM

Thank you for your part in getting the tigers headed in the right direction.

Just as we demand integrity of our players, we demand it of our coaches. Even the ones who have been less successful on the field have been good men. Here is hoping we follow class with class.

Thanks, Chad...

Dec 1, 2014, 5:34 PM

It was a heckuva run... you put the "O" in Offense for Clemson, and we will always appreciate it. Good luck in Dallas!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Coach Morris for getting our offense on track,

Dec 1, 2014, 5:41 PM

all the wins and the great players you have helped develop. Wishing you much success at SMU.

Good luck coach

Dec 1, 2014, 5:42 PM

You've helped make Clemson a premiere program again and we'll always be grateful for that. Best of luck in Texas.

Thank you & Good luck! It was an honor having you as our OC.***

Dec 1, 2014, 5:54 PM

Good Luck and Thank You Coach!

Dec 1, 2014, 5:57 PM

Appreciate all that you did for Clemson football and the University.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 6:00 PM

Good luck coach. Love your style

Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM

Coach Morris, as an old Tiger, Class of 1963, I would like to say it's been an honor to have you at Clemson. You were not only a great Coach but also a builder of first class men and citizens. I'll always call you a Clemson Tiger. You are always welcome anytime to come visit your second home, Clemson.

Dec 1, 2014, 6:21 PM

Chad those guys there Pony up, I guess you will have to teach them to Bull up, Red Bull up:)

Dec 1, 2014, 6:50 PM

Thanks for everything Chad, we all knew this moment would come eventually and I would just like to congratulate you and wish you well. You took an offense that was lost and turned it into one of the best in the country.

Thanks again and good luck!!

Dec 1, 2014, 6:56 PM

Say what you want about Coach Morris, but our program would not be where it is without him. It was a stroke of genius on Coach Swinney's part taking the chance and hiring him only one year removed from high school ball. Good luck, Coach. Hope we never have to play you.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:01 PM

Congratulations to U Chad. Hate to see you leave, but knew it would eventually happen. I was glad Dabo gave you an opportunity and you ran with it. Clemson Football has gained from your leadership as.Offensive Coordinator and the Tigers are moving up. Good luck at SMU.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:27 PM

Wish you would stay coach, but I understand. Thnx for the memories. The up tempo sure made these years go fast lol. Good luck with everything!

Dec 1, 2014, 7:28 PM

Glad you're moving on don't think I could take another year of that play calling first we beat the coots and now Morris is gone the season couldn't have finished any better bon voyage bone head!

Dec 1, 2014, 8:21 PM

You are certainly free to express your opinion. Now let me express mine. You are classless. Please don't tell anyone that you are a Clemson fan, because your comments are an embarrassing reflection on our fan base. Like everyone, I've had my share of frustrating moments watching our offense this year, but we've been hammered by injuries. CM has brought us out of offensive mediocrity and has left this program much better than he found it. Thank you Chad. Good luck at SMU.

Too Lazy to read whole article... Is he coaching in the bowl***

Dec 1, 2014, 7:33 PM

Uh, Chad?...

Dec 1, 2014, 7:34 PM

I get you gotta leave, but isn't this choice a suicide move? You've had a lot better opportunities than this and turned them down. More power to you, but even you're not that good to turn that disaster around.

Re: Uh, Chad?...

Dec 1, 2014, 9:44 PM

It's a place holder. He will improve the SMU program, get some "head ball coach" cred and then take the Texas A&M, TCU or UT job when it becomes available.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2014, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Uh, Chad?... ]

Do you not remember what a disaster our offense was the year before he came here? It certainly didn't take him long to turn that around. Plus because he has some name recognition now and is from Texas he should be able to get some talent to come play for him since he has a huge talent pool to try and recruit from down in Texas.

I'm sure he'll be able to find some people that want to play in a flashy offense and since he is only competing in the AAC he should be able to pull off plenty of wins. Plus after an 0-11 season at SMU he can only improve the program. When you're at the bottom the only way to go is up.

I wish him the best and thank him for all of his service. Go tigers!

Dec 1, 2014, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Uh, Chad?... ]

this is not a suicide move. SMU fell apart this year and won 5 games last year. In the 4of the 5 years prior to that they won 7 and 8 games a year. Cupboard may be a little bare right now but with his contacts in Texas and reputation, he should have it moving in the right direction soon.

thanks Chad!! I will never stop looking for BIJ's in a game.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:40 PM

You taught me well at the ladies clinic!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Dec 1, 2014, 7:53 PM

Good luck coach and thanks for the good
Memories.

Dec 1, 2014, 7:56 PM

Good luck coach and thanks for the good
Memories .Wish you could have had DW healthy for the whole year.

Re: Chad Morris Named SMU Head Coach

Dec 1, 2014, 8:02 PM

I certainly want to add my thanks for your
effort, hard work, and success with our Tigers.
It has been so much fun to watch them!
I wish you and your family the best, and may
stop by sometime to say HI, since there are
a bunch of us Tigers in, and around the Dallas area.
I will be looking for great headlines from the
SMU football program.
Warmest Regards!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Luck Chad

Dec 1, 2014, 8:35 PM

Thanks for your help in resurrecting this program. You will be a fine HC and will certainly land an elite job soon enough. Watch out Charlie Strong.

Good luck to Coach Morris

Dec 1, 2014, 8:35 PM

I know there have been highs and lows like any other thing in life, but there's no denying Chad Morris has played an integral part in the resurgence of our program with what he brought to the table as our OC. I hate to see him go, but I would like to thank him for his contribution to Tiger football for the past 4 years and hope Coach Swinney quickly finds a suitable replacement for OC. Everyone says that SMU is a black hole of a coaching job but if anyone's able to turn it around I hope it's Chad Morris. Good luck and Godspeed, Coach.

GO TIGERS!!!

Thanks Chad! Best wishes and God bless.

Dec 1, 2014, 9:05 PM

Thanks for the memories!

Dec 1, 2014, 11:22 PM

Will he be coaching the bowl?

Dec 2, 2014, 3:52 AM

Thanks Chad!!!!! Good luck at SMU!!!!!

Dec 2, 2014, 8:28 AM

Best Wishes Coach. Thanks for what you have done at Clemson.

GO TIGERS!!

Dec 2, 2014, 9:01 AM

We love Clemson University. We expect the best from it and DEMAND the best for it. Thank you for providing that for our players. Best wishes. #Tempo.......and Goooo Tigers!

He and his family love Texas; Save big $$ too

Dec 2, 2014, 9:20 AM

You can tell by what he says - he and his family love Clemson but they want to go back to the Lone Star state. He did a great job for us. The other unmentioned plus is the state of Texas doesn't have an income tax. SC has a 7% top income tax, that comes out to $140,000 a year in savings on a $2M salary. That's big money!

Good luck to him, I think that was the right year for this

Dec 2, 2014, 9:26 AM

to happen.

He energized our program and contributed mightily to a ton of wins here at Clemson. Very glad we brought him on, and it was a great hire by Dabo. That said, I think he was showing signs of wear as his system became more familiar. If he relies on a QB like Watson to do well that puts us in a dangerous spot. I look forward to the future as Dabo has shown he can make the right hire and that he does things the right way. Now that he has toned down his boyish emotion, Dabo is really turning out to be a solid leader in nearly every way.

Next on the list for Dabo, figure out a way to make your team choke-proof. No more embarrassing losses 2 or 3 times a year. Find a way to field a mentally tough squad that isn't prone to inexplicable gaffes in big games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic