Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Anonymous NFL executive's take on Deshaun Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

FB Update: Anonymous NFL executive's take on Deshaun Watson

Oct 6, 2016, 9:01 AM

Anonymous NFL executive's take on Deshaun Watson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Executive" must have been from the Browns...***

Oct 6, 2016, 9:04 AM

For Deshaun's sake, i hope you're right.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:16 AM

Hate seeing our guys' talents wasted on crap teams.

Good luck picking Lamar this year***

Oct 6, 2016, 9:04 AM

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof NFL execs are idiots

Oct 6, 2016, 9:09 AM

While Jackson is a freak athlete, his game does not translate to the NFL at all.

Well, that is kinda what the analyst said...

Oct 6, 2016, 12:50 PM

He thinks LJ should play receiver. I think that tells us all we need to know.

is that thomas dimitroff???

Oct 6, 2016, 9:13 AM

How are those "mobile" QBs working out for the NFL? The NFL is a pass first league. Jackson is a run/scramble first QB.

Re: is that thomas dimitroff???

Oct 6, 2016, 9:15 AM

And people wonder why everyone thinks the NFL is a joke now.

Anonymous Fan doesn't give a rats ###

Oct 6, 2016, 9:15 AM

what this lame exec thinks. He probably said the same thing about RG3 compared to Luck. He must of missed the first half when action Jackson was having his period while DW was throwing 3 TDs in a quarter.

Re: FB Update: Anonymous NFL executive's take on Deshaun Watson

Really now, what is the point of writing this article which is basically an unsubstantiated anonymous rumor about Deshaun on a Clemson site?? Unnecesary and not productive.
He has had too much pressure on him from media expectations to the point he felt like he had to apologize to us.
He puts his whole heart and soul out there for us. The very least we can do is support him and all our Tigers!
All In! Go Tigers!

Oct 6, 2016, 10:12 AM

Agree! Stupid article is stupid

Go put this up on FGF if you wanna dog my QB

Get this trash off of TNet

Really now, what is the point of writing this article which is basically an unsubstantiated anonymous rumor about Deshaun on a Clemson site?? Unnecesary and not productive.
He has had too much pressure on him from media expectations to the point he felt like he had to apologize to us.
He puts his whole heart and soul out there for us. The very least we can do is support him and all our Tigers!
All In! Go Tigers!

I hope he does slide to mid late first and not go to a

Oct 6, 2016, 9:17 AM

terrible organization - maybe go to a team without a QB but everything else in place or to a good team with a close to retirement QB either would be much better for DW than say cleveland.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: I hope he does slide to mid late first and not go to a

Oct 6, 2016, 10:03 AM

I bet DW4 would beg to differ, he will fit in anywhere and i doubt he wants to take 10-15mil dollar cut to go somewhere else. His goal is to be 1st pick. I think he ends up being 1st pick because Kaaya will be showed up this last half of the season with their cupcake schedule behind them. Kiser has already been shut down and doesnt look half as good as even Kaaya has so i really do think DW will go high top 5 if not #1.

Re: I hope he does slide to mid late first and not go to a

Oct 6, 2016, 10:03 AM [ in reply to I hope he does slide to mid late first and not go to a ]

I bet DW4 would beg to differ, he will fit in anywhere and i doubt he wants to take 10-15mil dollar cut to go somewhere else. His goal is to be 1st pick. I think he ends up being 1st pick because Kaaya will be showed up this last half of the season with their cupcake schedule behind them. Kiser has already been shut down and doesnt look half as good as even Kaaya has so i really do think DW will go high top 5 if not #1.

Here's the only comparison I need

Oct 6, 2016, 9:20 AM

Both quarterbacks had the opportunity to lead their team on a late fourth quarter game winning drive in need of a touchdown. Only one got it done.

So, you would pick Jake Coker over DW I guess.***

Oct 6, 2016, 9:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, you would pick Jake Coker over DW I guess.***

Oct 6, 2016, 10:03 AM

Deshaun drove down the field and scored another touchdown on Bama after special teams let us down and defense busted on a big play. He would have done it again to take the lead had he had more time on the clock. That comparison doesn't come close to being the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bottom line of the previous poster was WHO

Oct 6, 2016, 10:09 AM

won the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Titans' Exec?

Oct 6, 2016, 9:22 AM

Lamar is definitely great, but I would take DWs passing over his.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:37 AM

I just do not understand this. DW4 play the better game IMO. LJ is very good but not on the same level as a passer in my eyes.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:42 AM

5 sacks shows he does not know how to get the ball out on time. DW on the other hand had zero. Yes he had 3 INTS but you could argue only one was his fault and the one in the endzone was a great play by Alexander ball was behind Mike though

Any "exec" who thinks that wiry Lamar Jackson will

Oct 6, 2016, 9:37 AM

ever play qb in the league does not deserve his title. Lamar Jackson is the quintessential player to have a glorious college career and then disappear entirely at the NFL or change positions like a Terrele Pryor, Braxton Miller, or Denard Robinson.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:42 AM

So to get this straight--this NFL Exec wants a guy who is flashy and puts up great Fantasy numbers but can't win games when it really matters (not to mention that Deshaun's fantasy numbers would still be well above average).

Oct 6, 2016, 9:44 AM

Lamar Jackson has an average arm and he would get killed by NFL linebackers whenever he tries to run it.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Found His Picture

Oct 6, 2016, 9:48 AM

Watson may not be a #1 overall pick, but Jackson isnt

Oct 6, 2016, 9:58 AM

either. He's a dynamic player in college right now, but he's nowhere near a polished quarterback from the pocket.

Oct 6, 2016, 10:25 AM

For some reason, Deshaun's accuracy, particularly on his deep ball, has been a little off this season. He was nailing his passes last year so we know he has the ability - he just has to get his timing going again. Deshaun's strength has always been his preparation and decision making - if he gets back on track with his passing accuracy all this negative Nancy talk will disappear. I really believe Deshaun is going to start lighting things up starting this week and will be at the top of the Heisman/draft list come seasons end.

I take nothing away from Lamar Jackson - kid is a freak, but he has yet to make it through a whole season as a starter. Let's see how he fares through a whole season grind before we get too excited...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must be the Browns.

Oct 6, 2016, 10:46 AM

Obviously they knew how to run a football program. SMH

L. Jackson needs to man up and stop pouting

Oct 6, 2016, 10:54 AM

like a little girl after every play that doesn't go his way. He thought he would roll into DV and pancake us, just like his previous 4 games. What a reality check.

As for his NFL future, sure he'll get drafted, but this immature attitude won't fly. He needs to check that at the door...

Re: L. Jackson is really pouting because he

Oct 6, 2016, 2:19 PM

let quick skip leaping practice. It doesn't matter what Jackson thinks, quick wasn't getting by Edmund.

Clemson people need to get over themselves... and now...

Oct 6, 2016, 11:51 AM

a major component of Dabo's philosophy is 'humility'. That means when you're not THE overall best at something, you don't whine and mope or rant against your detractors, you simply take the criticism and move forward.

Right now, anytime someone doesn't say DW is THE BEST, all of Clemson gets up in arms. We just need to chill.

DW is going to do fine - whether he's the #1 pick or not. Just remember that Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round of the draft. Joe Montana in the 3rd. Who Cares???!!!

There are a ton of NFL'ers now though who'd love to have their careers and titles !!

The simple fact is that there ARE things DW can get better at - the arc of his deep ball, general accuracy, and as always with college QB's, faster progressions.

The simple fact is ALSO that Lamar Jackson showed good passing skills the other night, even on the last play. He constantly hit check downs and always kept his head up as he moved around and from the pocket. On the last play it was his receiver who failed, not LJ. Guy's got to know where the marker is and somehow make the play. But, in fact, LJ hit the right throw, even under pressure, on 4th down and behind on the scoreboard, in the last 20 seconds. I'd say he did fine under pressure.

Face it: Both are going to be very reasonable NFL QB's in the Russell Wilson mold.

So Chill.....

could you explain again how the fans humility plays any part

Oct 6, 2016, 12:01 PM

of this?

tia

no one used the term "fan" except you -

Oct 6, 2016, 12:18 PM

but the inference WAS

that all of Clemson needed to be less prickly,

even Crump,

when it came to allowing for comparatively negative comments about the program and DW.

Humility allows people - anyone - to absorb criticism

without making of it more than there should be,

even, and maybe especially so, if the criticism is unfounded.

The point was' "Who gives a sheatt what 1 NFL Exec thinks?"

DW got the win and seems significantly happier than do the "Clemson people".

are you saying Clemson people aren't true fans?***

Oct 6, 2016, 1:46 PM

worthless analysis

Oct 6, 2016, 12:11 PM

Jackson's "stats" - based on 100 plays. Watson's based on, what, 67 plays. Sounds like Watson's were a lot better, for NFL eyes.

This NFL exec can basically get Lamar Jackson right now...

Oct 6, 2016, 12:19 PM

This NFL exec can basically get Lamar Jackson right now. Michael Vick and Vince Young are available right now and RG3 certainly wouldn't cost you the number one pick to obtain. All of these guys are the same quarterback as Lamar Jackson. Strong, fast, incredibly quick athletes who were Heisman-quality players in college but whose game was a bust in the NFL. Their style of play generated highlights but not that many wins and no championships. I won't argue that Watson will be an All-Pro Quarterback but I know Jackson won't. Not at QB. Everyone has already seen what happens when guys like him get to the NFL.

Just my opinion,
-Moon

Oct 6, 2016, 12:25 PM

Probably the same NFL executive that though Johnny football was a first round pick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly, Watson, Jackson...Who would you pick?

Oct 6, 2016, 12:29 PM

If I were an NFL scout:

Jackson - Reminds me of RG3 but I'm not convinced that the NFL is ready for that type of game. I think Jackson will go in the first round but I don't believe he will be successful in the NFL.The overall D speed will negate his skill set.

Watson - Skill set aligns more with Newton and Winston. My only concern is his size. He's shorter and does not have the bulk of those two to absorb the physical abuse.

Kelly - Reminds of Farve, Brees, and Carr. I think he has the mentality and toughness to be that type of QB in the NFL. His ball skills are as good as Watson and I think he has better mobility in the pocket. Except for his off field issues. If he had acted and done what's right at Clemson, last year and this year would have been very interesting at Clemson.

So I'd pick Kelly 1st, Watson 2nd, and I'm not sure I'd pick Jackson.

Kizer has to be in the discussion. LJ not eligible,

Oct 7, 2016, 12:01 AM

No point in even having him in the mix or even making comparisons yet.

Me, I take either Kizer or Watson. We will see how the season plays out, both are extremely talented. Shouts will like DK size and passing. DW has a big arm but needs to be more accurate. DW great decision maker, leader. Very charismatic. A little short. They could go 1-2.

Kelly probably a 2nd or 3rd rounder with his questionable leadership/off the field issues, size, and decision making.

Did you all miss the part where the analyst says LJ should..

Oct 6, 2016, 12:51 PM

....should play receiver? I think that tells us right there that the analyst thinks DW is the better QB.

Hes probably the guy who drafted Ryan Leaf...

Oct 6, 2016, 1:03 PM

..just cuz theyre in the NFL doesnt mean they know anything.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really all those NFL throws LJ made underneath

Oct 6, 2016, 1:04 PM

LJ didn't make one NFL throw the whole night if it wasn't for his tight end and his rbs catching the ball he would have been eating turf veggies all night. The guy can run but you know lol that #### ain't gonna work in the NFL it hasn't worked for even Vick whole was 2 tenths faster in a forty time. Like 4.23 area and this guys a 4.45. This must be someone who doesn't win much in the league must be the raiders ownershit they make bad choices at qb a way of life. Plus your telling me the guy that played at Cal last year is better than Watson....hmmm no thanks. Look at the winning qb in the NFL most of them can make all the throws and it's less about trying to run cause as you know you as a qb will be contained if nessicary in the NFL.

Re: Really all those NFL throws LJ made underneath

Oct 6, 2016, 7:11 PM

Derek Carr has turned out to be a pretty solid QB. Perennial Pro Bowler down the road, not sure how you say they make "bad QB choices a way of life." All it takes is hitting on one.

I also think that putting on more muscle

Oct 6, 2016, 1:07 PM

Is taking DeShawn a little bit to get used to feel. He put on 12 pounds in a few months of muscle. Just like a 3 point shooter....he will get back in rhythm he's already started putting it back together.

Re: I also think that putting on more muscle

Oct 6, 2016, 2:51 PM

DeShawn doesnt play for Clemson anymore. Mr. Williams has already graduated.

Here we go again with this anonymous BS......***

Oct 6, 2016, 1:28 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2016, 2:52 PM

I really just do not understand how he can watch that game and make that statement.

Good, let "anonymous exec" take Deshone Kizer over Deshaun

Oct 6, 2016, 6:19 PM

Because that means Watson will end up with a team who is actually capable of contending and can be groomed for 2-3 years behind the team's current starter, rather than being forced into a starting position before he's ready (I.E.: Jared Goff, Johnny Manziel, Matt Leinart)

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2016, 7:08 PM

Lamar Jackson looked like a pretty dang good QB against Clemson. Yes he can run, but he was more accurate than I expected and his arm is unreal... probably stronger than Deshaun's. He will have to shake that "run first" stereotype he's earned if he wants to be a #1 NFL pick, but I think he most definitely has the intangibles to play QB at the next level down the road.

He's wrong about Jackson, but right about Watson.

Oct 6, 2016, 8:20 PM

Watson has largely been off this entire season. We've won b/c he's shown just enough of what he's capable of, & he's surrounded by exceptional talent to help pick up the slack. Even if you handicap for receiver drops & mediocre play calling, his timing is off, his accuracy is off, & his decision-making is off. He's regressed. Luckily for him, the team, & us, he's good enough that Watson @ 75-80% is better than most @ 100%. If he pulls his #### together, we win it all...& it's not close. BUT, if he plays the way he has been all season, we're vulnerable to FSU (who is clearly down, but as dangerous as a wounded animal), whoever comes out of the Coastal for the ACCCG, & whoever we meet in the Playoff (if we get that far).

Message was edited by: 4schitzngrins®

::::: Losers practice until they get it right. Winners practice until they can't get it wrong. :::::

Oct 6, 2016, 8:42 PM

Put ya name on it!

Must be from the Browns. They can't evaluate

Oct 6, 2016, 9:06 PM

any position, much less QB.

Watson is much better suited to the NFL game. "NFL Exec" is a momomoron

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive