Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID

Aug 9, 2020, 10:27 PM

at Clemson upon arrival during the 1st 2 weeks.

Then, the last several weeks, there have been ZERO positives.

It's because Clemson, and other power 5 schools, have strict quarantine policies and weekly (sometimes 2x week) testing.

So, by cancelling the season, you are sending these guys "home" where they have free reign without structure, without testing, etc and you're gonna tell me that's safer?!?!?

We've already proven it is not safer. We are not making these decisions based off of player safety. We are making the decision due to politics and the media.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID

Aug 9, 2020, 10:34 PM

it's all about politics.such a shame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I used to think that John Swofford was the worst we could do

Aug 9, 2020, 10:54 PM

as ACC Commissioner.

Now that we've got Nancy Pelosi instead, I know just how wrong I was....

Re: I used to think that John Swofford was the worst we could do

Aug 9, 2020, 11:42 PM

Here's a chance for Swofford to leave a legacy. If he doesnt bow down to the other conferences and the ACC plays, then he will have it by standing up to the naysayers.

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID ]

Hoosick,
Sometimes it seems like anything that contradicts y'all's position on anything is just "politics"

Aug 9, 2020, 11:13 PM

the truth hurts.check the true stats on mortality rates,which group is most susceptible,regular flu mortality rates,testing rates etc.there's a lot of false narrative cool aid being spewed by the media.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 9, 2020, 11:15 PM

almost forgot.guess it's just a coincidence that there's a presidential election in nov.

null

Aug 10, 2020, 8:54 AM

Happens every time. It’s really baffling that so many people just cannot open their eyes wide enough to see. The powers of this country are about as crooked as a question mark. If you’ve every seen a question mark.....well.....that’s pretty crooked.....the “woke” people really are as at the wheel.

Get your head out of the sand. The majority

Aug 10, 2020, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID ]

of what is happening this year is being politicized because "Orange Man" is bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Get your head out of the sand. The majority

Aug 10, 2020, 9:37 PM

of what is happening this year is being politicized because "Orange Man" is bad.

I'll venture a speculation. 20 or 30 out of 115 got tested

Aug 9, 2020, 10:38 PM

and showed up postive. 20 or 30 before that already had it and got over it. They now have heard immunity, which is probably what is going on in New York now. So many people have had it in New York, that no one is left to get it....Look at their numbers and how they have fallen. It sure is because that idiot Cuomo did a great job.

Message was edited by: Spud®

not according to his brother on the noos***

Aug 9, 2020, 10:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly true as well. But my point is these guys are

Aug 9, 2020, 10:43 PM [ in reply to I'll venture a speculation. 20 or 30 out of 115 got tested ]

better off being in Clemson with strict practice schedules and an incentive to take the correct measures than being in more "normal situations" right now.

That goes for all major power 5 football programs. You're more likely to do the right thing if you have a strict schedule to adhere to and a reward (getting to play football) by adhering to those rules. You're also around guys who are getting tested non-stop.

I agree with you 100 percent. My first thought when I saw

Aug 9, 2020, 10:50 PM

those students laid out like dead people in Athens the other day protesting the reopening of school was,somebody should track down their social media and see how many of them were massed up at the beach, the lake, a protest,etc. in the past few weeks.

Re: I agree with you 100 percent. My first thought when I saw

Aug 10, 2020, 11:25 AM

I agree, and it's just like what Roseanne Roseannadanna would always say, If it ain't one thing, it's another. They will circle one thing as being bad, then turn right around and do another thing that is just as bad or worse, and it will never get circled!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hYGtXIqDa0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll venture a speculation. 20 or 30 out of 115 got tested

Aug 9, 2020, 10:57 PM [ in reply to I'll venture a speculation. 20 or 30 out of 115 got tested ]

Well Spud, rather than speculating about scientific numbers, couldn't we get more adequate testing in large numbers to gather evidence to see if your speculations are accurate ??

Re: I'll venture a speculation. 20 or 30 out of 115 got tested

Aug 10, 2020, 6:55 PM [ in reply to I'll venture a speculation. 20 or 30 out of 115 got tested ]

Nice theory, comforting but completely without factual basis. 5M Americans have been confirmed as positive for Covid-19. Perhaps 20M have had it. The idea of herd immunity when 20m of 330M Americans have had Covid-19 is a pipe dream. Enjoy the comfort that foolishness gives you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 10:47 PM

I know two people who went to get tested for Covid-19 at a nearby high school. They filled out all of the paper work. However, both decided to leave rather than wait because the lines were too long. Both tested positive for Covid-19.

I’ve been reassured that this is an unpossible myth.***

Aug 10, 2020, 2:09 AM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I’ve been reassured that this is an unpossible myth.***

Aug 10, 2020, 9:15 PM

Not really. Some testing sites only register people when they arrive. If one person gets tired of waiting and leaves, all of the tests after that person are registered to the wrong person. This has been going on for months.

Aug 10, 2020, 4:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID ]

We should avoid that testing center. Where was it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID ]

I was in a long line at the fairgrounds, waited until I got tested, 2 days later, I got a call saying that I was negative. I did before the test, and still do wear a mask, and carry and use a sanitizer as soon as I exit any place that I go, and I sanitize again before entering my home!!!!

Did they get a phone call or a piece of mail?

Aug 10, 2020, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID ]

I’ve heard this story a hundred times over.

I’ve come to the conclusion that this is like the urgent insurance info inside mail that comes along that is complete garbage.

Did they read the fine print?

Aug 10, 2020, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID ]

I’m not saying you’re lying, but based on seeing this same type of post on here at least a dozen times I’d say there sure are a ton of people filling out testing paperwork and not bothering to get tested.

Medical uncertainty, legal liability & public relations

Aug 9, 2020, 10:48 PM

are impacting the decision. Players are not professionals _ technically not getting paid. That creates a weird dynamic. Finally the primary mission for a University is education _ not football or other sports.

All things considered, it’s a huge f’ing conundrum for University leadership. From a simple fan perspective, let them play. But I and other fans don’t really have any accountability if things go awry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not to mention that wasnt enough to get

Aug 9, 2020, 10:48 PM

the season canceled..yet they make schedules and things going fine so far yet they cancel lol

but that leads to what i keep saying

Aug 9, 2020, 10:49 PM

what if there is not a vaccine in 2021? you cant just keep canceling in hopes something comes that may never come.

Re: but that leads to what i keep saying

Aug 9, 2020, 10:54 PM

Perhaps not, but can you wait another semester or two to save many lives ?? Or are you so dependent on football that you are willing to put many lives at risk ?? Just askin'

if there is no vaccine

Aug 9, 2020, 11:03 PM

its just going to repeat itself..its not going anywhere on its on

Aug 9, 2020, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: but that leads to what i keep saying ]

They would test everybody before they travel and would only come into contact with the other team who would have tested neg. So how are lives at risk??

Aug 10, 2020, 6:50 PM

How do you travel without coming into contact with anyone else other than the team you’re playing though? I’m not pushing for them to not play btw as I hope they do. I just don’t think it’s as simple as saying they get tested so they’ll be fine.

not to mention road games

Aug 10, 2020, 9:29 PM

motels have even bigger threat to catch it..unless you fly up there the day of and back after the game..but team would be drained

Aug 9, 2020, 10:53 PM

Caddie, what about the fans who will attend - and their friends & families - and then their friends and families - etc. ??

Fans?? I'm just talking about safety of the student athlete

Aug 9, 2020, 10:56 PM

Fans can stay at home if they wish.

I'm just saying that it's tough to convince me that college athletes are safer by not playing than being in an incentivized, structured environment with non stop testing.

I just gave you some local stats. Clemson has had ZERO

Aug 9, 2020, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID ]

positive cases over the last few weeks.

Clemson had 25-30 when players first reported to campus. (meaning they got the virus from being at home)

So due to the restrictions in place, while working out together as a team, our players have been incredibly responsible because they know what is at stake.

So you're saying, lets cancel the season and let them go back to doing whatever the heck they want to do... like they were doing in April and May... which was contracting the virus.

During the season and during practice, testing occurs non-stop, strict quarantine rules are in place, medical teams are on site, safety is a priority. Taking that away from these guys is actually more dangerous. We've already proven that.

Aug 9, 2020, 11:00 PM

it’s the inflammation around the heart. that’s the issue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nobody's saying it is not potentially serious.

Aug 9, 2020, 11:05 PM

XT picked up COVID at home along with a lot of other players.

While at Clemson, due to the strict measures, the cases have miraculously disappeared. (structure, testing, quarantine, more testing, more structure... basically living close to a bubble)

But, nah... let's take all that away from these guys. Who cares if they catch it at home. Who cares if they get heart inflammation as long as they catch it at home.

Re: Nobody's saying it is not potentially serious.

Aug 9, 2020, 11:13 PM

you don’t gamble with physical activity with inflammation around the heart. it’s simple. no one wants that liability. eduardo rodriguez was shut down from the red sox due to myocarditis from covid. can’t get any simpler than that. you don’t gamble with kids.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 9, 2020, 11:17 PM

What is it about they are probably safer in a football environment being monitored closely rather than the environment where 30 of them came down with the virus that you and Tobias do not understand? Seems pretty simple to me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2020, 11:26 PM

football is a contact sport. the bubble they would have to be in would have to surround them. the nba made it work. again, physical activity with inflammation is a risk. a cardiologist would have to clear them after recovering from covid. it’s not about just keeping them safe together, that can be handled.

Since you’re acknowledging that wearing a mask and social distancing work

Aug 9, 2020, 11:31 PM

I bet you’re just as mad as I am that more Americans couldn’t do that all along. If they had, we probably would’ve saved many lives and also get to have a football season this year.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'm actually acknowledging that the majority of Americans

Aug 10, 2020, 8:55 AM

are unable to follow as strict of guidelines that athletics departments can implement. Which is why we would actually be putting these guys more at risk by not providing the resources, structure, and incentives that we provide by having football.

That's not a fault to the majority of Americans. People have to live life. But these athletes are pretty isolated compared to your everyday working man.

Aug 10, 2020, 12:11 AM

The media is the reason that I believe the virus has gotten to be the way that it is in the US now...They reported both sides of the ball with covid-19, and wasn't stressing enough of what the safest way for people to protect themselves. I 100% believe that the media thrives on the worst new, and they help themselves with directing bad news to become its worst!!!

Not a popular solution, but football can be played.

Aug 10, 2020, 8:43 AM

Too many states, including South Carolina the numbers are still a little high. The game would have to be with no fans in the stands. I wouldn't like it, but at least the players would be able to compete and play as originally scheduled. If a school or conference decides not to play, it would be a big L for them. As I said, not a popular option, but at least the games could go on.

Aug 10, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Explain how 20-30 players tested positive for COVID ]

Media generate stories and $$$ from other people's misery: emergency rooms, court houses, jails, shootings, car wrecks, morgues, hurricanes, tornados, mud slides , earth quakes, you name it.

You see it every night on TV - constantly.

Very few positive stories because those require digging for information. Aka, work!

Aug 10, 2020, 9:52 PM

It’s not about safety. It’s all about money. No full stadiums means not all tickets sold, concessions not selling like normal, and parking lots not full. It’s never been about safety if they want to have all of the kids back to school but cancel sports. Are they gonna have smaller classes? Will the cafeterias only allow so many in at a time? Will no one have a roommate?

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic