Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what have Packer and Durham and the other ACCN folks said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So what have Packer and Durham and the other ACCN folks said

Nov 24, 2020, 10:06 AM

on having protocols you have to follow until you decide you dont want to follow them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what have Packer and Durham and the other ACCN folks said

Nov 24, 2020, 10:09 AM

I haven't watched or listened, but my guess is that they have done a lot of talking without saying much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not true you should listen before you speak***

Nov 24, 2020, 10:15 AM

Re: not true you should listen before you speak***

Nov 24, 2020, 10:59 AM

If they had so much stuff to say that actually took the conversation somewhere, please inform us instead of just telling me I was wrong and move on.

Packer and Durham pretty much said

Nov 24, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: So what have Packer and Durham and the other ACCN folks said ]

that FSU and Clemson should stop talking about it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Packer and Durham pretty much said

Nov 24, 2020, 10:54 AM

True journalists!

I watched some yesterday and today...

Nov 24, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: So what have Packer and Durham and the other ACCN folks said ]

and they kept it PG rated for the most part. These two guys are very professional and arent the type to make bold statements. They may have said otherwise but played both sides and then today said both should stop talking about it now. No hot takes.

I did hear Outkick and Clay Travis said his ultimate takeaway is that FSU set precedent and that now gives other teams the right to do the same. No real excuse for it and Dabo has every right to be mad.

Basically...

Nov 24, 2020, 11:02 AM

while the teams should have found a way to play, all the infighting that has resulted is not a good look for the conference. It's now time to stop talking about it and move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Said Clemson is a

Nov 24, 2020, 11:25 AM

Golf school. Mkay.

Also, said we need to move on. Why not come up with a protocol that works. Sanctions for changing the rules in mid-stream.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 11:31 AM

No one has explained why the game could not be played after new test being preformed. I understand that FSU was concerned about the one player testing positive but I have heard nothing about why a Sunday or Monday couldn’t be played.
Also, what are the results from testing after the team returned home?

Because...

Nov 24, 2020, 11:44 AM

FSU administrators were far more interested in finding reasons not to play than finding a way to play.

It's just that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Said Clemson is a ]

It was reported by the Athletic Department that there were no positive test from Sunday after returning from Tallahassee. The player in question tested negative Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday but tested positive on the Friday test. Think it could be a false positive? Aka Saban!

That's the more likely scenario...

Nov 24, 2020, 12:46 PM

and the FSU physicians and administrators should have considered that, but they were clearly more interested in finding an excuse not to play in order to avoid another embarrassing beatdown.

Nov 24, 2020, 12:34 PM

Packer said everyone followed the rules and protocols up until 12 noon on Saturday. After that he blames FSU for not finding a way to play the game when Clemson was willing to stay in town and play even as late as Monday. But they also criticized the way that Dabo in particular and FSU don’t seem to be dropping it and moving on, which everyone thinks they should be doing.

The blame IMO is squarely on the ACC. The ACC still allows each schools medical advisers to unilaterally decide on game day whether or not to play. Sorry, but that is a serious flaw in the ACC protocols. Before the season a system was put in place that everyone agreed on and if everyone follows those protocols then no school should unilaterally be allowed to cancel the game on game day. And if they tried doing that the ACC should step in and say unless you can prove Clemson broke protocol FSU is required to play the game. If they decide they do not want to play the game then they forfeit and reimburse Clemson for expenses.

It defeats the purpose of pre-agreed protocols If each school can unilaterally decide not to play on game day. And it was the intent of the protocols not to allow that as evidenced by expanding the travel roster.

The bigger issue is fear and ignorance and mass hysteria which has been propagated by the media. We now understand Covid far better than nine months ago. Doctors know what causes it and the people with the most risk of dying from it. We are just not being told that by the media to keep us in the dark because the media is made up of liberals who hate Trump and love Democrats in big cities and blue states using this to exert more power and control over the people. All you have to do is get on the Internet or YouTube and you can find plenty of doctors that deal with Covid every day explaining exactly what’s going on. But you have to look for the information and a lot of it is getting censored by big tech because it doesn’t fit the narrative coming from the left.

Here is the reality: per the CDC only 6% of the people that test positive for Covid die from Covid. Unless you are old or have multiple comorbidities, you have a near 0% chance of dying from Covid! Furthermore, not a single high school or college or professional athlete has died from Covid. I’m not even aware of a single case where one has been hospitalized. If that has happened you can count it on one hand. Even more important is the fact that a positive test does not mean you have Covid. It just means your blood or saliva or mucus contains antigens that show you have been exposed to Covid. But not everyone exposed gets it because not everyone exposed will ever get sick. In fact, the majority of people that test positive never show symptoms.

The Lancet, one of the oldest and best known medical journals in the world, recently had an article that explains how COVID is not technically a pandemic. It is a “syndemic” because Covid by itself kills relatively few people. Almost everyone dying with Covid dies because they had other underlying serious health conditions and it’s the combination of those two things that causes people to die. Healthy people, especially young healthy people, have absolutely nothing to fear from Covid. The average healthy person in America has A 99.9% probability of dying from something other than Covid!

Covid, especially in America, but globally as well, will be looked at 20 years from now as a case study in fear mongering and what happens where en the media abandons their fiduciary duty to honestly & objectively deliver news and information. Until relatively recently in American history the media provided news and information and the people then decided how they would respond to that information. Today the media is trying to tell people how to live and what to do and they are acting in concert with the democratic party and people on the far left via social media.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Excellent assessment of how the ACC failed

Nov 24, 2020, 12:52 PM

and what should be done. If only we actually had positive leadership at the ACC office in exchange for all the money we send them. I know its wishful thinking but I sure wish the SEC would come calling.

Re: Excellent assessment of how the ACC failed

Nov 24, 2020, 1:02 PM

Spineless Swof should have had the guts to actually said "the protocols were followed by Clemson but FSU decided to not adhere to them".. HE SHOULD HAVE ACTUALLY SAID THAT, PERIOD. AS IT WAS A FACT !!

Nov 24, 2020, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: So what have Packer and Durham and the other ACCN folks said ]

Well written, I would question that the CDC says that 6% of people that test positive for Covid will die from Covid.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic