Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our Columbia Experience
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Our Columbia Experience

Nov 28, 2017, 8:37 AM

I tailgate with a wonderful crowd of Clemson fanatics, we take our RV’s to every game and that includes all away games, bowls and lately Playoff games. We are diverse in age, ranging from 36-70 and some of our spouses are USC graduates. This is the last year that we as a group will be attending any games in Columbia. When we arrived at our location off of shop road Thursday we were met with the sight of not just homeless people ( homeless is a sad and sometimes unavoidable condition due to mental illness or other string of unfortunate events) but strung out drug users. We had a gate that we could close and a group of 12 RV’s so we felt somewhat secure with our numbers. Early Saturday morning it became obvious that the situation was not going to be a pleasant one when the group that arrived to take their positions around us had speakers larger than the wheels on our motor coaches. As the day progressed and we witnessed the not so good Florida St dismantle Florida and later the Alabama team it became apparent that the SEC was completely over rated and the mood really began to change. I think then the Coot fans really knew what was about to happen in that stadium. One in our group had issues with their motor home and came by car around midday. One of our group, An older lady (65) went up to the gate to give the guards their parking pass and she was cursed at, given the middle finger and a group of 20 something gamecock fans or students deliberately tried to run her over in their golf cart. She jumped back behind the gate and they just laughed and drove off. A friend of ours who is a state employee and USC grad took his wife into the game (wearing orange) and she was met with so much foul language that he almost had to get into a fight to get to his seats. He said at one point he was literally in fear of her safety, others in our group had drinks thrown at them and even though they had a 10 year old child with them the language used was that of drunken sailors (no offense to sailors). After the game ended one of the groups began smashing their beer bottles and cursing and the following day we had to navigate broken glass and trash strewn everywhere throughout the 1.5 acre tailgate area just to do what we all desired and that was to leave. I am still in shock at the behavior we all witnessed Saturday by not just students but by adults. The culture is so rotten in Columbia it surprises me that someone hasn’t gotten severely injured at their games. Anyways thanks for allowing me to share this and it’s a shame we cannot travel to that place to support our team and University we love so dear without fearing for our safety. Even NC State made that place look classy and that is a scary thought. Next year keep this in mind and if you have extra tickets make sure it is occupied by someone wearing Orange if you have to give them away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For some reason

Nov 28, 2017, 8:50 AM

this does not shock me.........butthurt to the MAX

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Our Columbia Experience

Nov 28, 2017, 8:50 AM

I feel that I have to greet you as we greet a military service man or woman .
Sir, thank your for your service and may god bless you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

So what you are saying is that you had a

Nov 28, 2017, 8:53 AM

better than average experience?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw the exact same kind of stuff at the last game I went to there in 1995...

Nov 28, 2017, 9:00 AM

It will never change because of the mentality of that diploma factory. But now it's time that our AD addresses this in a public manner with that diploma factory. To those of us that knew this has always been the case at their games, it is no shock to see that school once again make an embarrassment of this state on national tv.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's called a championship effort...they have to work

Nov 28, 2017, 9:02 AM

hard and stay focused to keep up their #1 ranking in stadium ejections. It's lonely at the top.

Meth, Inbreeding and Public Sex Mixed With Alcohol Are a Bad

Nov 28, 2017, 9:15 AM

Combo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nov 28, 2017, 9:20 AM

is exactly why I do not attend games at WB anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: And THAT, Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nov 28, 2017, 10:30 AM

is why a lot of Clemson fans don't attend

Maybe that is what they want but it is very very sad

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GD wall of text let me help you out

Nov 28, 2017, 9:23 AM

I tailgate with a wonderful crowd of Clemson fanatics, we take our RV’s to every game and that includes all away games, bowls and lately Playoff games. We are diverse in age, ranging from 36-70 and some of our spouses are USC graduates. This is the last year that we as a group will be attending any games in Columbia.

When we arrived at our location off of shop road Thursday we were met with the sight of not just homeless people ( homeless is a sad and sometimes unavoidable condition due to mental illness or other string of unfortunate events) but strung out drug users. We had a gate that we could close and a group of 12 RV’s so we felt somewhat secure with our numbers.

Early Saturday morning it became obvious that the situation was not going to be a pleasant one when the group that arrived to take their positions around us had speakers larger than the wheels on our motor coaches. As the day progressed and we witnessed the not so good Florida St dismantle Florida and later the Alabama team it became apparent that the SEC was completely over rated and the mood really began to change. I think then the Coot fans really knew what was about to happen in that stadium.

One in our group had issues with their motor home and came by car around midday. One of our group, An older lady (65) went up to the gate to give the guards their parking pass and she was cursed at, given the middle finger and a group of 20 something gamecock fans or students deliberately tried to run her over in their golf cart. She jumped back behind the gate and they just laughed and drove off. A friend of ours who is a state employee and USC grad took his wife into the game (wearing orange) and she was met with so much foul language that he almost had to get into a fight to get to his seats. He said at one point he was literally in fear of her safety, others in our group had drinks thrown at them and even though they had a 10 year old child with them the language used was that of drunken sailors (no offense to sailors).

After the game ended one of the groups began smashing their beer bottles and cursing and the following day we had to navigate broken glass and trash strewn everywhere throughout the 1.5 acre tailgate area just to do what we all desired and that was to leave. I am still in shock at the behavior we all witnessed Saturday by not just students but by adults. The culture is so rotten in Columbia it surprises me that someone hasn’t gotten severely injured at their games.

Anyways thanks for allowing me to share this and it’s a shame we cannot travel to that place to support our team and University we love so dear without fearing for our safety. Even NC State made that place look classy and that is a scary thought. Next year keep this in mind and if you have extra tickets make sure it is occupied by someone wearing Orange if you have to give them away.

ooooh paragraphs***

Nov 28, 2017, 9:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Exactly why I don't got to that Dumpster Fire

Nov 28, 2017, 9:28 AM

sewer any longer (since '95-96).
Worse than Georgia and that is
in itself sad and pathetic.

People have been severely injured at their games.

Nov 28, 2017, 9:36 AM

http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article184932288.html

And this is just what we know about. Imagine what they sweep under the rug.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic