Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hear what everyone is saying but who are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,902

Hear what everyone is saying but who are

Nov 23, 2019, 11:36 PM

The 4 best teams in America? Assume for a minute that Utah holds serve and chocklahoma holds serve... which I doubt, or if Baylor wins out and is the b12 champ. As well as 0310. Because I think it’ll be Minnesota 0310 for b1g title. Imo, i could easily see any of the above getting beat. That being said, I honestly believe the 4 teams should be:

Clemson
LSU
Bama

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hear what everyone is saying but who are

Nov 23, 2019, 11:37 PM

Go Auburn War Tiger Eagles!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 23, 2019, 11:43 PM

Well, the obvious above, Bama would beat war tig eagles and if so, I really, even with a backup qb, wouldn’t bet against bama vs any of the other teams... so that’s why I’d put them in.

If you do believe imo then what we accomplished last year with the beatdown makes Clemson the best team ever!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2019, 12:24 AM

AU going to beat UofA

Then it’s open..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear what you're slinging . . .

Nov 23, 2019, 11:38 PM

but I'll have to see bama beat Awburn w/out Tua before I can agree . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they will win because auburn sucks on offense

Nov 23, 2019, 11:40 PM

thing is though is by how much..they are going to have to make a statement ..but with the biased committee they may be able to lose a close one and get in who knows with this group of committee people who seem to change their criteria as the wind blows

Exactly

Nov 23, 2019, 11:58 PM [ in reply to I hear what you're slinging . . . ]

This is as close to a totally different team as it gets. Alabama with Tua is not a “next man up” team. They’ll give the next guy plenty of time to throw but I bet they change the whole offensive priority around Jones. I’m thinking more UGA offense going forward. Game manager 101.

id rather play bama than utah

Nov 23, 2019, 11:39 PM

utah plays defense..bama has an awful defense factor in they are running with out tua should be an easy out for us

Re: id rather play bama than utah

Nov 23, 2019, 11:52 PM

Utah is a good team, probably deserves a 8-12 slot. Their schedule has been weak. Lost to a pathetic usc that has no defense. Washington had them beat and Washington isn’t that good this year. Utah looks like they have a D because of their schedule but most all of their games, the first string had to play the whole game.

looking at sos

Nov 24, 2019, 12:55 AM

theirs is stronger than ours..just saying

Nov 24, 2019, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: id rather play bama than utah ]

To echo what tgrfan said, their SoS is better than ours...do you think our defense is good or just a product of the bad competition?

Their stats are similar to ours:

Yards allowed:
2. Clemson
3. Utah

Points allowed:
3. Clemson
4. Utah

Nov 24, 2019, 7:54 AM

Wish I could have hung last night to answer this. To an extent, yes I do think our stats are a product of bad competition or one dimensional teams but CBV is the best coach in America hands down. We’ve subbed often and frequently and our 1’s haven’t played many games through the 4th qtr as theirs has.

Nov 23, 2019, 11:42 PM

Best is yet to come! I’m a believer.

Nov 23, 2019, 11:56 PM

Bama? No way. They don’t play defense this year and now Tua is hurt. That equals blow out to me. I’d rather see either Utah, Oklahoma, or Baylor get the 4th spot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2019, 12:13 AM

All of you that keep saying that bama doesn’t play D are really dissing our own Clemson Tigers. Bama has a good team and the teams that have scored on them, is they’re playing the second and third team. Bama rotates about as much as we do. They too have a very young D like we do and if you’re honest with yourself, if we’d played their schedule and subbed when the game was decided, we’d probably have given up more points too. Don’t just base it off the aTm game.

Each game is different- aka unc.

Nobody knows who the best 4 teams are.***

Nov 24, 2019, 12:53 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 24, 2019, 1:10 AM

Agreed.
Bama has dominated most of their games, though they’re defense has given up points when the game was out of hand.

In the last 4 games, Oklahoma has lost 1 and won 3 by 8 total points.

Baylor has beat no one with a pulse except Oklahoma St and they’ve been close in the majority of the rest of their games. No one in America would put money on Baylor vs Alabama, even with Mac Jones.

The only other contender is Utah. If they win out, there will be a healthy debate.

Nov 24, 2019, 8:01 AM

Thanks, you said it a lot better than I could.

If Utah wins out, there should be no debate! Utah will have

Nov 24, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Hear what everyone is saying but who are ]

a conference championship, Bama will not! No non conference champ should get in over a conference champ, unless they have a better record, as Bama did in 2017.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Utah wins out, there should be no debate! Utah will have

Nov 24, 2019, 9:01 AM

No doubt about it. I totally agree with you on this... it then becomes more of a debate on how much a conference championship should be weighed in the decision imo.

Originally it was stated a playoff was formed so the four best teams would play. Despite losing last night, I still think Oregon is a good team. It should be a great game between them and the utes!

Nov 24, 2019, 3:39 AM

LSU will lose to Texas A&M next week and beat Georgia in the SEC Championship game. Ohio State will lose to Michigan next week. Georgia Tech beats a Georgia. Auburn will beat Alabama.

Clemson
Utah
LSU
Minnesota

That’s the order of your 4 playoff teams!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I will bet anything it won't be that!!***

Nov 24, 2019, 8:27 AM

Nov 24, 2019, 5:43 AM

With Tua,definitely Bama. With out ,no way.

Bama should NOT be #4, they have proven not to be as good as

Nov 24, 2019, 8:19 AM

LSU, so why would you give them a re-match? That is not fair to LSU! At this point, Utah should be #4!

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,902
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic