Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unused and spoiled vaccines being thrown out...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Unused and spoiled vaccines being thrown out...

Jan 21, 2021, 3:40 PM

Meanwhile - a pharmacist that is friends of a friend of mine is basically asking around 3 PM each day for his network of friends to call their friends and he's giving unused doses on a first come first served basis so they don't go to waste. I don't live anywhere near this, so I'm not able to take advantage - but my friend and his wife have both had their first dose at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unused and spoiled vaccines being thrown out...

Jan 21, 2021, 3:52 PM

Why do you think supply seems to be exceeding demand - at least in this case ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad rollout plans

Jan 21, 2021, 3:53 PM

Or no plans at all. Is that on Trump? State governments? Local governments?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

All of the above?***

Jan 21, 2021, 4:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got a text from a pal yesterday,

Jan 21, 2021, 4:06 PM

CVS opened a vaccination center in the lobby of the nursing home where his sister works. They had 30 doses left over at the end of the last day (Tuesday). His sister called him at 6:45pm. He went down immediately, and was the only one in the family that was able to make it—in fact, he was the only one there. I assume the rest were dumped.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The system is stupid, at least in GA....

Jan 21, 2021, 4:17 PM

My parents got theirs last week (over 65). They pulled up to the location. 6 parking spots were designated for vaccines. After waiting 10 minutes, they honked. The lady came out and apologized as they were the first people she's seen all day. They got their vaccines and left. No other cars there before, during, or after their shots.

Meanwhile the system is fully booked. Their location was fully booked. Yet no one there. People are taking as many slots as they can, and then showing up to the first one they can get and screwing everyone else.

My neighbor just got vaccinated for a similar reason. They didn't use a full amount and it was going to be wasted, so her boss just started to vaccinate anyone who wanted it. Screw the order.

I haven't tried yet - I didn't realize people could sign up

Jan 21, 2021, 4:22 PM

for more than one slot. Yeah - we can't have a system that depends on people "doing the right thing" - because they won't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Statewide system "in the works"

Jan 21, 2021, 5:20 PM

Should have been weeks ago.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone's coming together!!***

Jan 21, 2021, 4:23 PM [ in reply to The system is stupid, at least in GA.... ]

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 4:21 PM

Some group of jokers in Ohio was serving certain nursing homes and let 800 doses go bad. I think they are being sued over this bungle

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 5:21 PM

The Trump administration had no distribution plan.

There's a pharmacist here who gives free sex with each shot.

Jan 21, 2021, 5:32 PM

My wife just got her 5th vaccination.

$1 to Lewis Grizzard for the assist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a pharmacist here who gives free sex with each shot.

Jan 21, 2021, 5:35 PM

Did he give you a few?

Re: There's a pharmacist here who gives free sex with each shot.

Jan 21, 2021, 5:42 PM [ in reply to There's a pharmacist here who gives free sex with each shot. ]

Obed® said:

My wife just got her 5th vaccination.

$1 to Lewis Grizzard for the assist.

—-and his dog will bite you too.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hadn’t read that they were throwing out vaccines. Where are you reading that?***

Jan 21, 2021, 5:38 PM

null

yeah, the rest is true-ish

Jan 21, 2021, 5:53 PM

frand got his vaccine - his gf is administering them, and once they're removed from temp control, they've got a relatively short 'shelf' life

they TRY to remove and use them as efficiently as possible, but can't help it sometimes...

so the other day, frand's gf calls him up at the end of the day all like "GETCHOAZZDOWNHERENOW"

and wah-lah, early vaccine

No one knows for sure because not counting

Jan 21, 2021, 6:11 PM [ in reply to I hadn’t read that they were throwing out vaccines. Where are you reading that?*** ]

But

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.propublica.org/article/covid-vaccine-wastage/amp

good luck, they cant even contact

Jan 22, 2021, 10:31 AM

trace anymore. Its a joke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the link, FP. Based on that article, I'd say

Jan 22, 2021, 12:35 PM [ in reply to No one knows for sure because not counting ]

there's no issue.

Obviously we'd love to live in a world where every single dose gets utilized, but no one would actually think that would happen. 0.1% waste in PA, mostly from broken vials or damaged needles. No surprise. 300 doses discarded because of a bad refrigerator...that's not a shock. A couple doses discarded due to misunderstanding of state regulations. Just get that training up.

Once again, I believe the media is trying to create a narrative that we have some horrible problem with our roll out of this vaccine, and once again, I think this is false fearmongering. We are fine. We are not perfect. Other countries are not perfect. Certainly we want waste reports from each state...just like we want absolute clarity that the election was 100% legit. But all indications, in both cases, are that we are fine.

null

There is a lot of anecdotal evidence but no stats yet...

Jan 22, 2021, 12:40 PM

however, my point was more about encouraging those who are distributing the vaccine to come up with creative ways not to have to throw any away. Like some kind of first come first served system to distribute unused vaccine at the end of the day.

For sure. We can always do better.***

Jan 22, 2021, 12:42 PM

null

This is happening in FL too with all of the nursing homes.

Jan 22, 2021, 10:26 AM

Due to the way they are shipped there's overage frequently and they are giving them out first come first serve. One of my friends, a healthy 40 year old and her husband we able to get leftovers last night. She was blasted on facebook when she posted about it.

Meanwhile, I work in a very affluent community and people aren't having a hard time getting vaccines, including some through a physician who runs a charity/research organization and happens to have ultra cold storage.

I've been able to get my parents, some of their friends, and neighbors signed up.

It's a hard pill to swallow, admittedly knowing that economic status is playing a part in vaccine distribution in my community. I don't have the answers to how to fix the problem.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:17 PM

some folks dont want it

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic