Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats FM!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

Congrats FM!

Mar 20, 2018, 9:17 AM

Your posts have been linked over on the UKU Phag Board! Your stupidity has traveled all the way to Manhattan.

https://scout.com/college/kansas/Board/103719/Contents/So-its-Clemson-116431366?Page=3

Anyone know why they call their internet sports message board "Phag?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If I'm not mistaken

Mar 20, 2018, 9:20 AM

Their cute little arena is named after somebody named Phag

Methinks it's some form of UKU compliment

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez, and I thought the coots were dumb***

Mar 20, 2018, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Geez, and I thought the coots were dumb***

Mar 20, 2018, 9:27 AM

UKU are the coots of the state of Missouri

They linked one of your posts also, and referred to you as a

Mar 20, 2018, 9:20 AM

"re####"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Well that's not very nice

Mar 20, 2018, 9:24 AM

but fitting for a bunch of morans on a Phag board

It's NOT very nice.

Mar 20, 2018, 9:33 AM

You couldn't help that your parents were cousins.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't go spreading these lies PGT

Mar 20, 2018, 9:35 AM

They were 2nd cousins, twice removed. The state legislature says that's ok. Love is love.

Hey, I'm not judging!

Mar 20, 2018, 9:36 AM

We are all who we are!

"love is love"?

Mar 20, 2018, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Don't go spreading these lies PGT ]

What are you, a Subaru salesman?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

No***

Mar 20, 2018, 9:47 AM

Not that there's anything WRONG with being...

Mar 20, 2018, 9:49 AM

a Subaru salesman, GWP.

Re: "love is love"?

Mar 20, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to "love is love"? ]

you know, a subaru can take a lot of punishment in the rear. maybe mind you, gwp appreciates that fact??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

They think everyone here is drunk.....

Mar 20, 2018, 9:26 AM

Gulp

Hopefully they were saying that as a compliment

Because I take it as such

Everyone knows the middle of the country

is full of the queers and guys who bang sheeps. Let those Manhattanites think what they want. Everyone knows the only real city in Kansas is Kansas City!

"Ignorance is Bliss. The real Francis Marion is spinning in

Mar 20, 2018, 9:28 AM

his grave at that stupidity."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Phag? So you found FM a stocked pond to go drop his line...***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess that's why Kansas is the "Show Me State"***

Mar 20, 2018, 9:43 AM

Re: I guess that's why Kansas is the "Show Me State"***

Mar 20, 2018, 10:20 AM

I thought Manhattan was located in the Empire State?

FOR THE LAST TIME MANHATTAN IS ALSO IN KANSAS

Mar 20, 2018, 11:29 AM

YOU MORANS!

I can actually verify this information having been to

Mar 20, 2018, 11:39 AM

Manhattan, KANSAS.

There is such a thing.

Legendary.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Legendary.

Mar 20, 2018, 9:31 AM

Surely it must be "Phog" after the Phog Allen fieldhouse

Nope, that is not correct***

Mar 20, 2018, 9:44 AM

Using homophobic slurs is so cool***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:35 AM

What are you even talking about?***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:38 AM

Maybe, just intending to volunteer some information

Mar 20, 2018, 11:42 AM

thinks is important?

Re: Using homophobic slurs is so cool***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Using homophobic slurs is so cool*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Congrats FM!

Mar 20, 2018, 9:34 AM

finally, FM gets validation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2018, 9:36 AM

Re: Congrats FM!***

Mar 20, 2018, 9:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

congrats fm! you must be a proud

Mar 20, 2018, 9:48 AM

phag this morning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

They rag on the format of TigerNet

Mar 20, 2018, 9:48 AM

Yet they are using a site developed by Scout. At least Clemson had students/fans that were enthusiastic and technically competent enough to develop our own fan site (and a business) instead of buying a platform. If they like that format so much, they should go over to the dead Clemson board at 247sports that is run by the same people. [Nothing against Anna Hickey. She does some good work covering Clemson recruiting.]

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Board/Clemson-Tigers-Football-Basketball-Message-Board-Forum-22

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

lets give them more bored fodder. those guys are dumber

Mar 20, 2018, 9:50 AM

than dirt. they do sarcasm like they do any other sport not named basketball. kansas jaycocks

Mar 20, 2018, 9:56 AM

lol at the Miami moron over there.

Holy crap what a buffoon.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 20, 2018, 9:57 AM

COULD NOT AGREE WITH THIS GUY ANY MORE.

chuck456
chuck456
(1835)
83 months
23 hours ago
RockChalkICTJHAWK said... (original post)

I just ventured over to their board, and instantly lost brain cells.

The format of the TigerNet board is worse than ours. And that's honestly hard to do.

DO YOU THINK THIS IS HUMUROUS?

Mar 20, 2018, 10:00 AM

Mar 20, 2018, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats FM! ]

YOU FORGOT TO TELL US WHAT GRADE YOU ARE IN

Mar 20, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats FM! ]

I LOSE BRAIN CELLS EVERYTIME YOU POST DUE TO THE YELLING YOU BIG GOOBER

^^^Thinks name calling will win friends and influence people***

Mar 20, 2018, 10:26 AM

Re: ^^^Thinks name calling will win friends and influence people***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:24 AM

THINKS I CARE ABOUT GAINING FRIENDS.

Uh, oh.

Mar 20, 2018, 11:40 AM

You don't own a fire arm do you?

Re: Uh, oh.

Mar 20, 2018, 12:10 PM

DOES THAT SCARE YOU LITTLE LIBERAL?

Re: Uh, oh.

Mar 20, 2018, 1:44 PM

YES, YOU GUN-TOTIN' PUB-NUT!

Nuttin' but love for ya doe. Nuttin' but love.

Mar 20, 2018, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats FM! ]

I'M IN 8TH GRADE!!

Mar 20, 2018, 11:04 AM

again? I'd figured by now they would have let you just move up to the 9th! Whatever happened to "know juan left behind"?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2018, 10:07 AM

I've always thought FM was famous. Look how old he is. Still going after all these years in the swamps of South Carolina. Has anyone told him the Revolution is over?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we do...

Mar 20, 2018, 10:28 AM

will he feel honor bound to commit seppuku (hara kiri)?

Who's gonna tell him first?

I have fallen on many swords.***

Mar 20, 2018, 10:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

But none as thick as mine***

Mar 20, 2018, 10:29 AM

Re: I have fallen on many swords.***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:00 AM [ in reply to I have fallen on many swords.*** ]

is this "something" you and cutigerbob® do, falling on each other's "swords"?

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

I'm not sure I follow you on that one MFo***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:13 AM

corrected. HTHs.***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:44 AM

YES! My Syracuse post made it onto their board!!

Mar 20, 2018, 10:10 AM

Makes me feel like I've accomplished a little something today.

"Phag = Please hug a goat."

Mar 20, 2018, 10:36 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your helpful answer***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:01 AM

Mar 20, 2018, 10:55 AM

Man I just read that message board and dang what a pompous group. I'm sure most fans are respectable but that group posting needs to understand where we are as a sports group. The top with Bama in football and very competitive in both baseball and basketball.

They kept saying what blue bloods they were but here's a fun fact, they have 3 championships with the last being 2008 while before that 1988 and 1952. The rest of their sports are jokes (football and baseball, maybe our board coots can tell me how their women's basketball is).

I hope we beat them Friday night, if not I may consider pulling for an actual blue blood against them in Duke. At least they have won something lately. Don't rip me for pulling for Duke, the idiots on their board have angered me.

Preach it brother!***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:01 AM

Uhm, guys?

Mar 20, 2018, 11:15 AM

The Jay Hawks 'rock their chalk' (WTH does that even mean?) in Larry, Kansas...not Manhattan...just sayin'...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kansonians aren’t that smart...

Mar 20, 2018, 11:20 AM

They built their biggest city in Missouri.

^^^I shouldn't have been taking a sip of my bourbon while

Mar 20, 2018, 11:26 AM

reading this post, I almost choked.

if this didn’t make you laugh, well....

Mar 20, 2018, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Kansonians aren’t that smart... ]

you need to check yourself and make sure you’re actually still breathing

+1

LOL this is hilarious.***

Mar 20, 2018, 11:16 AM

As a result of his/her new found fame, FM now has to be

Mar 20, 2018, 11:41 AM

protected from over zealous paparazzi by his security detail.

Excellence has it's down side.

Mar 20, 2018, 11:56 AM

FOR YOU GOOBERS THAT ARE TRYING TO BE CUTE AGAIN. IT IS PHOG, NOT PHAG. YOU REALLY MAKE OUR FANBASE LOOK PRETTY CLASSLESS WHEN YOU DO THINGS LIKE THIS. PHOG ALLEN WAS A GREAT COACH WAY BACK IN THE DAY AND HAD THE ARENA NAMED AFTER HIM. SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW THIS I AM SURE AND ARE JUST TRYING TO BE FUNNY BUT ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE FAILED. BUT HEY YOU ACCOMPLISHED ONE THING, YOU MADE YOURSELF LOOK CLASSLESS. GOOD JOB.

Phog Allen
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Phog Allen
Phog Allen.jpg
Sport(s) Football, basketball, baseball
Biographical details
Born November 18, 1885
Jamesport, Missouri
Died September 16, 1974 (aged 88)
Lawrence, Kansas
Playing career
Basketball
1905–1907 Kansas
Baseball
1906–1907 Kansas
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Football
1912–1917 Warrensburg Teachers
1920 Kansas
Basketball
1905–1908 Baker
1907–1909 Kansas
1908–1909 Haskell Institute
1912–1919 Warrensburg Teachers
1919–1956 Kansas
Baseball
1941–1942 Kansas
Administrative career (AD unless noted)
1912–1919 Warrensburg Teachers
1919–1937 Kansas
Head coaching record
Overall 34–19–3 (football)
746–264 (basketball)
6–17–1 (baseball)
Tournaments 10–3 (NCAA)
Accomplishments and honors
Championships
Football
4× MIAA (1912–1915)

Basketball
2× Helms Athletic Foundation National (1922, 1923)
NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament (1952)
24× MVIAA/Big 6/Big 7/Big 8 (1908, 1909, 1922–1927, 1931–1934, 1936–1938, 1940–1943, 1946, 1950, 1952–1954)
2× MIAA (1913, 1914)
Basketball Hall of Fame
Inducted in 1959 (profile)
College Basketball Hall of Fame
Inducted in 2006
Medal record[hide]
Head Coach for United States
Olympic Games
Gold medal – first place 1952 Helsinki Head coach
Forrest Clare "Phog" Allen (November 18, 1885 – September 16, 1974) was an American basketball and baseball player, coach of American football, basketball, and baseball, college athletics administrator, and osteopathic physician. Known as the "Father of Basketball Coaching,"[1] he served as the head basketball coach at Baker University (1905–1908), the University of Kansas (1907–1909, 1919–1956), Haskell Institute—now Haskell Indian Nations University (1908–1909), and Warrensburg Teachers College—now the University of Central Missouri (1912–1919), compiling a career college basketball record of 746–264. In his 39 seasons at the helm of the Kansas Jayhawks men's basketball program, his teams won 24 conference championships and three national titles. The Helms Athletic Foundation retroactively recognized Allen's 1921–22 and 1922–23 Kansas teams as national champions. Allen's 1951–52 squad won the 1952 NCAA Tournament and his Jayhawks were runners-up in the NCAA Tournament in 1940 and 1953. His 590 wins are the most of any coach in the storied history of the Kansas basketball program.

Allen attended the University of Kansas, having already acquired the nickname "Phog" for the distinctive foghorn voice he had as a baseball umpire.[2][3] He lettered in baseball and basketball, the latter under James Naismith, the inventor of the game. Allen served as the head football coach at Warrensburg Teachers College from 1912 to 1917 and at Kansas for one season in 1920, amassing a career college football record of 34–19–3. He also coached baseball at Kansas for two seasons, in 1941 and 1942, tallying a mark of 6–17–1, and was the university's athletic director from 1919 to 1937. Allen was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame with the inaugural class of 1959. The home basketball arena at the University of Kansas, Allen Fieldhouse, was named in his honor when it opened in 1955.[2]

Contents
1 Early life
2 Playing and coaching career
3 Head coaching record
3.1 Football
3.2 Basketball
4 See also
5 Notes
6 References
7 External links
Early life
Allen was born in the town of Jamesport, Missouri. His father, William Allen, was among the 30 people who originally incorporated Jameson, Missouri in 1879 and the doctor who delivered Allen lived in James. However, William Allen also had strong ties to Jamesport where he was town clerk, collector, and constable. Biographies of Allen usually refer to his birthplace as Jamesport. His family later moved to Independence, Missouri.[4]

Playing and coaching career
Allen coached at William Chrisman High School (then known as Independence High School) in Independence, Missouri, the University of Kansas, Baker University, Haskell Institute, and Warrensburg Teachers College in Warrensburg, Missouri.

Allen began classes at the University of Kansas in 1904, where he lettered three years in basketball under James Naismith's coaching, and two years in baseball. In 1905 he also played for the Kansas City Athletic Club.[5]

At Kansas he was a member of Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity. Allen launched his coaching career at his alma mater in 1907, but took a hiatus after graduating in 1909 to study osteopathic medicine at Kansas College of Osteopathy. Known as “Doc” to his players and students, he was reputed to be a colorful figure on the University of Kansas campus, coaching all sports and becoming known for his osteopathic manipulation techniques for ailing athletes. Allen was a legend in the field of treatment of athletic injuries and benefited a long list of high-profile performers. He also had a successful private osteopathic practice, and many he treated, the famous and otherwise, contend he had a "magic touch" for such ailments as bad backs, knees and ankles. He said he applied the same treatments to "civilians" as he did to his athletes.

His forceful, yet reasonable, disposition helped him become the driving force behind basketball becoming accepted as an official sport in the Olympics in 1936. Allen later coached in the 1952 Summer Olympics, leading the United States to the gold medal in Helsinki, Finland.

He coached college basketball for 50 seasons, and compiled a 746–264 record, retiring with the all-time record for most coaching wins in college basketball history at the time. During his tenure at Kansas, Allen coached Dutch Lonborg, Adolph Rupp, Ralph Miller and Dean Smith, all future Hall of Fame coaches. Among the Hall of Fame players he coached were Paul Endacott, Bill Johnson, and Clyde Lovellette. He also recruited Wilt Chamberlain to Kansas, and even coached former United States Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole. Allen Fieldhouse, the basketball arena on the campus of the University of Kansas, is named in his honor. A banner that hangs in the rafters of Allen Fieldhouse reads: "Pay heed all who enter, beware of the Phog." Phog Allen was enshrined as part of the inaugural class in the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1959.

Allen also created the National Association of Basketball Coaches, which went on to create the NCAA tournament.[6]

Head coaching record

Statue of Allen in front of Allen Field House taken in 2003
Football
Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs
Warrensburg Teachers (Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association) (1912–1917)
1912 Warrensburg Teachers 6–2 1st
1913 Warrensburg Teachers 7–2 1st
1914 Warrensburg Teachers 5–4 1st
1915 Warrensburg Teachers 4–2–2 1st
1916 Warrensburg Teachers 6–3
1917 Warrensburg Teachers 1–4
Warrensburg Teachers: 29–17–2
Kansas Jayhawks (Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association) (1920)
1920 Kansas 5–2–1 3–2 T–3rd
Kansas: 5–2–1 3–2
Total: 34–19–1
Basketball
Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Baker Wildcats () (1905–1908)
1905–06 Baker 18–3
1906–07 Baker 14–0
1907–08 Baker 13–6
Baker: 45–9 (.833)
Kansas Jayhawks (Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association) (1907–1909)
1907–08 Kansas 18–6 6–0 1st (North)
1908–09 Kansas 25–3 8–2 1st (North)
Haskell Indians (Independent) (1908–1909)
1908–09 Haskell 27–5
Haskell: 27–5 (.844)
Warrensburg Teachers (Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association) (1912–1919)
1912–13 Warrensburg Teachers 11–7 6–0 1st
1913–14 Warrensburg Teachers 15–4 9–1 1st
1914–15 Warrensburg Teachers 13–4
1915–16 Warrensburg Teachers 9–4
1916–17 Warrensburg Teachers 13–2
1917–18 Warrensburg Teachers 9–4
1918–19 Warrensburg Teachers 14–6
Warrensburg Teachers: 84–31 (.730)
Kansas Jayhawks (MVIAA/Big Six/Big Seven/Big Eight Conference) (1919–1956)
1919–20 Kansas 10–7 9–7 3rd
1920–21 Kansas 10–8 10–8 4th
1921–22 Kansas 16–2 15–1 T–1st Helms National Champion
1922–23 Kansas 17–1 16–0 1st Helms National Champion
1923–24 Kansas 16–3 15–1 1st
1924–25 Kansas 17–1 15–1 1st
1925–26 Kansas 16–2 16–2 1st
1926–27 Kansas 15–2 10–2 1st
1927–28 Kansas 9–9 9–9 4th
1928–29 Kansas 3–15 2–8 T–5th
1929–30 Kansas 14–4 7–2 2nd
1930–31 Kansas 15–3 7–3 1st
1931–32 Kansas 13–5 7–3 1st
1932–33 Kansas 13–4 8–2 1st
1933–34 Kansas 16–1 9–1 1st
1934–35 Kansas 15–5 12–4 2nd
1935–36 Kansas 21–2 10–0 1st
1936–37 Kansas 15–4 8–2 T–1st
1937–38 Kansas 18–2 9–1 1st
1938–39 Kansas 13–7 6–4 3rd
1939–40 Kansas 19–6 8–2 T–1st NCAA Runner-up
1940–41 Kansas 12–6 7–3 T–1st
1941–42 Kansas 17–5 8–2 T–1st NCAA Quarterfinal Round
1942–43 Kansas 22–6 10–0 1st
1943–44 Kansas 17–9 5–5 3rd
1944–45 Kansas 12–5 7–3 2nd
1945–46 Kansas 19–2 10–0 1st
1946–47 Kansas 8–5[n 1] [n 1] [n 1]
1947–48 Kansas 9–15 4–8 T–6th
1948–49 Kansas 12–12 3–9 T–6th
1949–50 Kansas 14–11 8–4 T–1st
1950–51 Kansas 16–8 8–4 T–2nd
1951–52 Kansas 28–3 11–1 1st NCAA Champion
1952–53 Kansas 19–6 10–2 1st NCAA Runner-up
1953–54 Kansas 16–5 10–2 T–1st
1954–55 Kansas 11–10 5–7 5th
1955–56 Kansas 14–9 6–6 5th
Kansas: 590–219 (.729) 334–121 (.734)
Total: 746–264 (.739)
National champion Postseason invitational champion
Conference regular season champion Conference regular season and conference tournament champion
Division regular season champion Division regular season and conference tournament champion
Conference tournament champion

See also
List of college men's basketball coaches with 600 wins
List of NCAA Men's Division I Final Four appearances by coach
Notes
Allen was ordered to take a rest due to illness after a game against Missouri on January 7. Howard Engleman assumed the role of interim head coach, guiding Kansas to an 8–6 record over the final 14 games of the season. The Jayhawks finished in third place in the Big Six with a conference record of 5–5.[7]
References
Basketball Hall of Fame bio Archived 2009-08-31 at the Wayback Machine.
http://kuinfo.ku.edu/cgi-bin/info.shtml%3Fp%3Dq%26id%3D4340. Retrieved 2013-03-25. Missing or empty |title= (help)[dead link]
"Phog's First Farewell". KU History.
The man behind March Madness - St. Joseph News-Press - March 15, 2009
The Golden Age of Amateur Basketball: The AAU Tournament - Adolph H. Grundman (Author) - 1921-1968 - Bison Books (October 1, 2004) ISBN 0-8032-7117-4
Key Dates in NABC History Archived 2008-10-26 at the Wayback Machine.
"2010-11 Men's Basketball Media Guide" (PDF). CBS Interactive. p. 188. Retrieved March 17, 2011.
External links
Phog Allen at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame
Phog Allen at Find a Grave
[show]
Links to related articles
Authority control
WorldCat Identities VIAF: 116661403 LCCN: n50058371 SNAC: w65f0750
Categories: 1885 births1974 deathsBasketball coaches from MissouriAmerican osteopathsBaker Wildcats men's basketball coachesBasketball players from MissouriCentral Missouri Mules and Jennies athletic directorsCentral Missouri Mules basketball coachesCentral Missouri Mules football coachesCollege men's basketball head coaches in the United StatesKansas Jayhawks athletic directorsKansas Jayhawks baseball coachesKansas Jayhawks baseball playersKansas Jayhawks football coachesKansas Jayhawks men's basketball coachesKansas Jayhawks men's basketball playersNaismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame inducteesNational Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame inducteesPeople from Daviess County, MissouriSportspeople from Independence, MissouriWilliam Chrisman High School alumni

So Phag Allen Fieldhouse was named after a guy named

Mar 20, 2018, 12:00 PM

Phag Allen? I bet he got picked on a lot in school.

Re: So Phag Allen Fieldhouse was named after a guy named

Mar 20, 2018, 12:04 PM

FOR YOU GOOBERS THAT ARE TRYING TO BE CUTE AGAIN. IT IS PHOG, NOT PHAG. YOU REALLY MAKE OUR FANBASE LOOK PRETTY CLASSLESS WHEN YOU DO THINGS LIKE THIS. PHOG ALLEN WAS A GREAT COACH WAY BACK IN THE DAY AND HAD THE ARENA NAMED AFTER HIM. SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW THIS I AM SURE AND ARE JUST TRYING TO BE FUNNY BUT ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE FAILED. BUT HEY YOU ACCOMPLISHED ONE THING, YOU MADE YOURSELF LOOK CLASSLESS. GOOD JOB.

But...but... homophobic slurs are absolutely HILARIOUS!

Mar 20, 2018, 1:47 PM

RIGHT? RIGHT??!

Got it, phag it is***

Mar 20, 2018, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: So Phag Allen Fieldhouse was named after a guy named ]

Re: So Phag Allen Fieldhouse was named after a guy named

Mar 20, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to So Phag Allen Fieldhouse was named after a guy named ]

I AM GUESSING YOU WOULD KNOW A LOT ABOUT THAT.

A lot about what?***

Mar 20, 2018, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the derpoberts' squirmy... It's apropos.***

Mar 20, 2018, 8:10 PM

LOL, those stoopid hayseeds can't even spell Phag write...***

Mar 20, 2018, 12:04 PM [ in reply to So Phag Allen Fieldhouse was named after a guy named ]

Mar 20, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats FM! ]

TL;DR***

Mar 20, 2018, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats FM! ]

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Mar 20, 2018, 12:06 PM

They’re just like OU fans

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Except OU is at least somewhat good at sports***

Mar 20, 2018, 12:12 PM

Re: Except OU is at least somewhat good at sports***

Mar 20, 2018, 1:02 PM

LAST I CHECKED BASKETBALL IS A SPORT AND THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD AT THAT.

LAST I CHECKED BASKETBALL IS A SPORT AND THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD AT THAT

Mar 20, 2018, 1:08 PM

Are you hard of reading? I said "sports" with an "s"

Mar 20, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Except OU is at least somewhat good at sports*** ]

as in plural, more than one.

I once got hard while reading

Mar 20, 2018, 10:14 PM

And I am not from Kansas nor do I know Phag Allen

Mar 20, 2018, 8:57 PM

"it's basically a bunch of football fans having fun with what they would equate as a college baseball board"
Oh hell boys! They're on to us!!

It is hilarious that some people on the KU message board

Mar 20, 2018, 9:34 PM

think these posts here are serious.

TigerNet is full of purposely stupid posts, full of irony and/or attempts at humor.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Straight-laced Midwest... Beef and Corn.***

Mar 20, 2018, 9:54 PM

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic