Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You racists don't know how to not be racists...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 869

You racists don't know how to not be racists...

Nov 27, 2020, 12:29 PM

i.e., nothing is good enough for the hyper-offended

https://www.foxnews.com/us/macys-under-fire-after-calling-black-sorority-in-parade-diverse-dance-group

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with the critics of Macys!

Nov 27, 2020, 1:27 PM

Society has got to stop seeing and dividing us all by skin color.
And every minority has got to stop being so sensitive when a misspeak happens...

We would all be better off then....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a world where right is right...

Nov 27, 2020, 1:43 PM

and wrong is wrong, I am completely on board.

Our culture however, has forced people/organizations to produce performative actions and comments, and then takes a bat like they are beating on a political correctness piñata, cracking open those efforts to expose how those attempts are either hypocritical or insufficient.

I'm all on board with MLK, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream." The problem is, today the mob is more concerned about the superficial - what everything looks like - rather than the heart and what's on the inside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In a world where right is right...

Nov 27, 2020, 1:53 PM

What would the group prefer to be called so as not to offend anyone? While we’re on this nonsense of being offended about virtually everything, is a black sorority by definition a diverse group? Are other races included? Are males included?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ron broke tnet, so I'll move my post up here.

Nov 27, 2020, 2:17 PM [ in reply to In a world where right is right... ]

I have started watching a BBC detective series, "Pie In The Sky." Light humor, very British. A lead character is a black female detective. In a recent scene a suspects says to her, "So, you know the pain of racism and sexism in your profession."

She turns to him and says, "That was true at the beginning of my career. Then I grew up."

I thought, "Man, we have a long way to go in the US." We are being taught to hold onto, nurture and identify with the emotion of being one of the oppressed. This, not the ism itself, is the most destructive thing we have faced, imo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with the critics of Macys!

Nov 27, 2020, 1:43 PM [ in reply to I agree with the critics of Macys! ]

bengaline said:

Society has got to stop seeing and dividing us all by skin color.
And every minority has got to stop being so sensitive when a misspeak happens...

We would all be better off then....