Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is Rock Hill so in love with the Coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 4,525

Why is Rock Hill so in love with the Coots?

Nov 30, 2016, 5:03 PM

Went to Academy Sports while there this weekend looking for something Clemson. I was directed to the proper area but man at the Coot and the Panther items. Stocked full. Clemson items were sparse in relation - and not because they were sold out. Just a very poor selection.

I went to customer service and asked, "Why does the only team that has won 10 games a year for 6 years in a row not have a better selection to choose from?" The girl responded, "Doesn't matter to me. I like the Gamecocks anyway." The guy watching the door just started smiling and walked away when i started the conversation.

I responded, "That's nice. But don't you think there should be equal representation anyway?" She shrugged her shoulders and just smiled.

Rock Hill looks like it grown very nicely over the years...but what is up with all the coot love? Just never realized it was that bad when I lived in SC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Because you can't give that garbage away....

Nov 30, 2016, 5:09 PM

The Clemson gear, on the other hand, has been selling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Why is Rock Hill so in love with the Coots?

Nov 30, 2016, 5:16 PM

I live in Rock Hill. I have complained about the lack of Clemson stuff in Academy. I was told that Di*k's was the Clemson store, but Di*k's had very little of either schools stuff.

The bad news for Academy, they will be stuck with most of the Gamecocks apparel.

I suspect that Academy has some sort of agreement with the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 5:55 PM

Seems like Di*k's is a more suitable retailer for #### gear..The name suits their "brand"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 5:16 PM

I live in Rock Hill. I have complained about the lack of Clemson stuff in Academy. I was told that Dick's was the Clemson store, but Dick's had very little of either schools stuff.

The bad news for Academy, they will be stuck with most the Gamecocks apparel.

I suspect that Academy has some sort of agreement with the SEC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolute Sports and Hibbett Sports in The Mall

Nov 30, 2016, 5:36 PM

The Galleria Mall in Rock Hill these 2 stores used to carry a good selection of Clemson Stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

That same stuff has been sitting there for years.***

Nov 30, 2016, 5:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Academy in Irmo is owned by a ####

Nov 30, 2016, 5:19 PM

And had zero Clemson stuff when it opened. Corporate forced them to add stuff and now there's a small section

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Academy in Irmo is owned by a ####***

Nov 30, 2016, 5:24 PM

Nov 30, 2016, 5:27 PM

Same way at the grocery store, they have tons of chicken stuff there

Nov 30, 2016, 9:45 PM

That's true you don't see much Clemson gear around I have a Clemson mailbox an tiger paw told me they don't get them no more I need to replace it it's fading from the weather an sun can someone tell me where I could find one? Go tigers

Re: Academy in Irmo is owned by a ####

Nov 30, 2016, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Academy in Irmo is owned by a #### ]

Screw Academy Sports,go to the Tiger Paw on Bower Blvd.or the SC place at the
Columbiana Mall.Wal-Mart in Harbison doesn't have Clemson gear either.I heard
that some of the upstate stores are the same pertaining to coot gear.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misery loves company***

Nov 30, 2016, 5:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Bout the same at Sam's Club

Nov 30, 2016, 5:37 PM

I live in NC not to far from AppSt. Sam's had a really nice flag and pole combo, but only for App. When I asked the manager said I could go to Sam's web site and order any team. Online they have most of them, but no Clemson. So I make the Easley, SC store my home club thinking that might help....nope.
Wish I could post the ad as they had a LSU Tiger Flag with an embroidery of a Cardinal Head with false teeth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Sam's Club and Belks in cootlumbia area have lots

Dec 1, 2016, 12:48 AM

of Clemson stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2016, 5:40 PM

The stores in rock hill are pretty bad about that. The publix commercial here says that they don't sell "orange and purple"

Nov 30, 2016, 5:42 PM

We live in Rock Hill and we see this ALL the time from every single sports store to our one-sided newspaper. There have been several local high school football players from here who went to Coot U who now play in the NFL -most recently Clowney (aka Do-do -yes that's really his nickname).

You won't find anything in our newspaper sports section about our beat down Saturday, or any good apparel in our stores. I shop with my friend in Cola every year before Christmas at Tiger Paw Traditions since there is always such a good selection down there!

Still waiting on the punch line.

Nov 30, 2016, 5:45 PM

Me slow.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they are more of a bedroom town...

Nov 30, 2016, 6:13 PM

...of Charlotte primarily and Cooterville secondarily. Rock Hill has very little in common with Upstate SC. The I-77 corridor absolutely defines Rock Hill, bless their hearts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lespaw coming at ya, from Rock Hill !!

Nov 30, 2016, 6:16 PM

I have worked on Rock Hill diligently for years! I have flown my flags on my ford pick up, played Tiger Rag wide open with my windows down, argued with and teased coots to the max at work and around town,flown my flag on my front porch, trained my son properly, etc, etc............... Believe me, there is a strong representative for The Tigers in Rock Hill!! I'll never relent!!!!!!

Because there is a Gamecock booster that has been funneling the best HS kids

Nov 30, 2016, 7:09 PM

In the area to the coots for a long time including "hiring" their parents. This has gone on for decades. Since the area''s best athletes have been coots for years it perpetuates it.
Cross the state line and you'll find a lot more tiger fans in NC, largely because they have more of the jobs that require higher education.

Every year logo brands opens up their warehouse in Franklin tn and sell all their tailgate gear

Nov 30, 2016, 7:17 PM

At half price. Every power five school represented. The place was packed. Every school had people shopping. Not one person was in the coot tent and it was full of product. I don't think any of it sold

Sep 30, 2017, 8:24 PM

My momma was from Rock Hill and she loved Clemson . Taught me to love Clemson . I taught my churn to love the Clemson . Now my oldest girl is attending Clemson . My 3 year old son will hopefully someday attend Clemson .
That is one Clemsin family with at least 50% of their roots deep in York County .

DB23

Nov 30, 2016, 9:59 PM

I too grew up in RH. An entire generation of Tiger graduates lived, worked and played there in the 1960s thru the 1990s. Regrettably they have died or are no longer able to attend IPTAY or Tiger events. Rock Hill has grown and with growth came change. Our staff really needs to renew our focus upon one or more of the local high schools while encouraging the York County Clemson Club to grow.

Go Tigers!

Nov 30, 2016, 10:17 PM

Dabo hired the Northwestern HS coach earlier this year .

DB23

Nov 30, 2016, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is Rock Hill so in love with the Coots? ]

I've lived in Rock Hill all my life, except for my time at Clemson, and there is a strong Clemson following here, the York County Clemson Club has been a strong organization as long as I can remember.

More students from my RHHS graduating class ended up at Clemson than SC and Clemson is twice as far away as Columbia from Rock Hill.

Unfortunately, a lot of the bigger name recruits from the area ended up in Columbia. I think this is the main reason people assume Rock Hill is coot country. Add in the fact that there are some high profile chicken boosters here, that some Clemson fans believe have "contributed" to recruiting, and the reputation only grows.

As far as Academy here is concerned, I really think the SC stuff is just not selling. Earlier in the year they had a pretty good selection of Clemson stuff.

I think it's a fact that Comer hired Clowney's Dad

Nov 30, 2016, 10:38 PM

Might technically be NCAA legal but smells a lot like rotten chicken.

Re: I think it's a fact that Comer hired Clowney's Dad

Nov 30, 2016, 10:46 PM

Yes

College Shop on Cherry Rd on Earth Fare center has Clemson gear***

Nov 30, 2016, 8:05 PM

Inbreeding...

Nov 30, 2016, 8:07 PM

Nm

Nov 30, 2016, 9:59 PM

I don't like to buy my Clemson gear from the big box stores anyway. I'd rather buy from the stores in Clemson. Helps out the small business too. If I can't get to Clemson when I want something I just order online or call.

Nov 30, 2016, 10:09 PM

I lived in Tega Cay (yes - that's a town or something like a town I guess) and Rock Hill for 4 years, and that whole area is loaded with coots. That includes Fort Mill and surrounding areas. I knew maybe 1 CLEMSON person for every 10 coots in that area. I think the cancer spread up I-77 from cootville.

Nov 30, 2016, 11:51 PM

The College Shoppe is a small family business that has a good selection of Clemson clothes, jewelry, and tailgate accessories. It is my go to spot in Rock Hill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2016, 7:37 AM

And guess what, the College Shop is owned by a coot too. gamecock stuff 4-1 over Tiger gear

Replies: 33
| visibility 4,525
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic