Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you see those magnetic tiger paws on cars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

When you see those magnetic tiger paws on cars

Dec 16, 2018, 6:09 PM

set to 12:00 instead of 1:00, do you automatically assume it's a bandwagon fan? I'm ashamed to admit that I do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you see those magnetic tiger paws on cars

Dec 16, 2018, 6:11 PM

Yes! All you can assume. There are a ton of them around Augusta. I really want to correct them, but I don’t.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 6:22 PM

I leave mine on the back of my truck and SUV all the time. A carwash ate one once so I don't go to the carwash any more. I do have some larger ones for the front doors but rarely use them. It's hard to tell but there are a few thousand on gameday!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the "Hungry Carwash" reference!***

Dec 16, 2018, 6:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: When you see those magnetic tiger paws on cars ]

I personally take great care to position my paws at 1:00 because that was the traditional game time when I was a kid.

I'm OK if someone else wants to set theirs at 12:00. I assume these people never went to a 1:00 game and are big supporters of noon kickoffs.

In the last two years . . .

Dec 16, 2018, 6:26 PM
IMG_0214.JPG(167.6 K)
IMG_0226.JPG(119.3 K)

I have converted three new young adults (age 25-32) to the Clemson Family. They attended 4-5 games with me this year. One, a fiesty red-head that married my son, will absolutely correct anyone flying the Paw incorrectly!!! She will modify them anywhere she sees them AND will tell the owner why she is doing it!!!

It makes me smile every time it happens!!!

(I know the rules . . . Here's your picture . . . AND . . . She is now MY DAUGHTER!!!)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In the last two years . . .

Dec 16, 2018, 10:36 PM

a cute couple. Keep preaching and converting brother.

They're Not ALL IN!

Dec 16, 2018, 6:35 PM

If they were ALL IN, they'd have them painted on their car instead of some easily removable magnet. And you better believe if they were ALL IN, they'd have them at ONE O'CLOCK.

Truth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 6:35 PM

Just be sure that the IPTAY sticker is on nice and straight!

Go Tigers. . Support Clemson

One of my old neighbors has a Ford Country Squire

Dec 16, 2018, 6:48 PM

and he had IPTAY stickers starting from 1983 until 2005 (which is when I moved). They were beautiful stacks of gold, white and purple rectangles all down the back window. I've been tempted to see if he's still around and stacking new stickers on it. That guy was a legend in our neighborhood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of my old neighbors has a Ford Country Squire

Dec 16, 2018, 7:11 PM

My kind of guy. A real Tiger fan.

Dec 16, 2018, 6:56 PM

Maybe they're older fans ? I watched the replay of the 1978 Gator Bowl recently, and it appears in that
game that the Paw is at 12:00 or even slightly behind 12:00 ?

Every time I see a magnet....

Dec 16, 2018, 7:01 PM

Not tilted to 1’ O Clock.....

I correct it! Every time! Just my OCD.

???????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Info for the "Bandwagon Fans" who may be in our midst . . .

Dec 16, 2018, 7:20 PM

"The Tiger Paw logo was introduced at a press conference on July 21, 1970. It was created by John Antonio and developed by Helen Weaver of Henderson Advertising in Greenville, South Carolina, from a mold of a Bengal tiger sent to the agency."

"Some of the intricacies of the Paw that contribute to its aura were implemented by design at the behest of Antonio. The 30-degree angle at which the official Paw sits is there to designate a 1:00 kickoff time for football games, which was a normal occurrence in those days. The indention at the bottom is due to a scar that the tiger who had been chosen as the subject for the logo had received before the cast was made."

"Then in June of 1984, the Clemson Tiger Paw was officially trademarked by the federal government, along with several other monikers and secondary logos. Clemson became the third institution to use Collegiate Concepts, now known as the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), behind Alabama and Mississippi."

Dec 16, 2018, 7:30 PM

But this year wouldn't the paw at 12 be accurate for home kickoff times for this past season..??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1:00? They have to be magnetic these days so they

Dec 16, 2018, 7:31 PM

can point to 12:00, or 3:30, or 7:00, or 7:30, or 8:00, or 8:30 or whenever else TV tells us we have to play.

I guess true fans will have them at 4:00 on the 29th!

Re: 1:00? They have to be magnetic these days so they

Dec 16, 2018, 9:04 PM

3:00 if your in Dallas ??

Absolutely***

Dec 16, 2018, 8:58 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic