Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Etienne
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Etienne

Feb 18, 2020, 7:23 PM

NFL Draft Analyst/Mock Draft/talent evaluator, Lance Zierlein from NFL.com mentioned on The Herd today as he started studying RB film that he is convinced that Travis would have moved to the first round and been the first RB off the board. NFL Execs are really high on his burst and versatility. On the other side of things, he think the most overvalued RB is JK Dobbins (who will likely be the beneficiary of Etienne returning to school and be the top drafted back) who lacks the burst, quickness and skill level Etienne has--but really, who doesn't compared to our all time great :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Etienne

Feb 18, 2020, 7:25 PM

Speed definitely translates to the NFL so it was always a bit of a mystery to my why he wouldn't have been at the top of the RB charts.

Feb 18, 2020, 9:21 PM

Well...there wasn't actually much film of him running the ball...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Etienne ]

He has work to do in the passing game - which is key in the NFL

His improvement catching the ball was impressive. He looks

Feb 18, 2020, 8:56 PM

natural doing it now after two years of awkwardness. He can turn, catch and turn up field with ease. He must have worked really hard on that last spring and summer.

He's going to be quite a weapon next year. Especially in the passing game with a year to plan for his newfound abilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His improvement catching the ball was impressive. He looks

Feb 18, 2020, 11:04 PM

That play against Ohio State, that TL hates and ETN dropped in practice, was a thing of beauty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 18, 2020, 9:24 PM

The one thing Travis has that all of the truly great RBs have is his ability to break arm tackles .
The guy has that innate ability to just power through people who aren't wrapping him up well . He never goes down with just grabby-hands as my old HS JV football coach used to call them .
You add his great speed and balance to that and I think he's definitely a 1st round lock in the 2021 draft .

So glad to have his experience in the backfield with Trevor and Lyn-J . Amazing skill group right there .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

gotta get him 20+ touches***

Feb 19, 2020, 3:28 PM

Feb 18, 2020, 9:29 PM

I’m thankful he got a second round grade so we could enjoy his talents another season, plus Bowman gets to learn from the best too. It will make all our RB’s stronger.
I hope we don’t lose much but I look for 1 or more guys to transfer the next couple of years. I would be very happy if Elijah Shipley decides to commit to us for ‘21 too. The kid is a weapon all over the field as a RB/WR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 18, 2020, 11:00 PM

Just once, I would like to see him get a circle route like CJ use to get.

I still can’t believe he’s coming back

Feb 18, 2020, 11:13 PM

I can’t wait to see what he does his senior year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic