Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Enhanced security is not the problem...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Enhanced security is not the problem...

Dec 7, 2015, 5:03 PM

The problem is that Charlotte and BOA stadium are a small town acting like a big city. One person with a wand trying to screen 1000s of people to get in? There should have been 50 people with wands..including the president of the security company. I doubt if the security people are paid even $10 / hour. it is inexcusable that so many missed so much of the game because those in charge of "security" did not know how to manage large crowds or were simply too cheap to do so. And...the woman who wanded me did nothing to stop any fears of any kind of an incident. Pitiful management.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Small town acting like a big city?

Dec 7, 2015, 5:10 PM

I got to my seats with plenty of time to spare. What time did you go to the stadium and try to get in? It was made very clear that the game was a sellout and due to increased security measures people should allow extra time getting in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Small town acting like a big city?

Dec 7, 2015, 5:17 PM

Got in line at 6:30 and into the stadium with about min left in the first quarter. Given we were about middle of the mass, a lot of folks didn't get in until way into the second quarter. To me, an hour and a half in advance should have been plenty of time to get in before the game started.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 5:24 PM

You're lying. I got in line at 645 and in my seat at 705

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, it took us about 20-30 minutes to get in

Dec 7, 2015, 5:25 PM

from when we got in line originally. We would've been in our seats earlier but walked around a good bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dec 7, 2015, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Small town acting like a big city? ]

That's funny - why do you think I would lie? Are you employed by the security company?

We got in line after you did (6:45), got into the stadium

Dec 7, 2015, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Small town acting like a big city? ]

bought some snacks and a program for my son, hit the restrooms, and were sitting in our seats with more than 20 minutes left before kickoff.

Same here- 645 in line. Sat down with drinks

Dec 7, 2015, 6:28 PM

At 715

We must have had the BO or something and people let us through!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Small town acting like a big city? ]

Sorry, but I've got a hard time with that, given the stadium was full at KO. I queued up at the East Gates at 6:30, and I was in my seat by 7:15. There's an email link to complain to the ACC office.

I do think that ingress into the stadium was handled very poorly, and I expressed my feelings to the ACC office. Truth told, there were 5 gates that were NOT used for ingress. I don't know why. I would guess that the ACC was "limiting its financial exposure" LOL.

Maybe they should have used some of the 68,000 TSA employees who basically sit on their a$$es out at Charlotte Douglas 24/7.

I got to mine quick as well through the bag check line

Dec 7, 2015, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Small town acting like a big city? ]

Also, Charlotte is the 13th largest city.

I think Seneca has more working streetlights than Charlotte

Mar 7, 2016, 10:13 PM

easily the darkest urban area I've ever been.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i got in line at 7 and got inside at 745

Dec 7, 2015, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Small town acting like a big city? ]

The couple I was sitting with say they got in line at 650 and showed up to our seats mid way thru the 1st.

U did good. There were thousands of people waiting in line for over an hour in the north side. I just wouldn't put up with it and plunged my way thru, but those not as aggressive waited at least an hour. Horrible. The worst experience I've ever had at any event!

I got in line at 7 and it took an hour and a half to get in.***

Dec 7, 2015, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Small town acting like a big city? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 7, 2015, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Small town acting like a big city? ]

What I saw was typical behavior of people thinking they could run in at the last minute. Many planned poorly and that was not the fault of the BOA staff. I appreciate the measures taken to keep me and family safe.

Re: Enhanced security is not the problem...

Dec 7, 2015, 5:28 PM

The problem is when people try and bring things into the stadium that aren't allowed

East Gate...got in line at 6:35

Dec 7, 2015, 5:30 PM

after checking out the food vendors...too many people trying to get food...so we got in line, got into the stadium in 20 minutes...wife had to leave her small purse behind (my fault, thought I had it right), and got food in the stadium...went to our seats in upper upper section of 521..three rows from the top...and still had lots of time to kill before the game. Sorry you had trouble.

All for one and one for all.

Re: East Gate...got in line at 6:35

Dec 7, 2015, 6:13 PM

Well, we engaged the mob outside of the stadium about seven and got to our seats as the national anthem was being performed. There were simply not enough folks processing the fans and the large mob was being sent throug a "funnel like" path. It was like checking out at Walmart!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had no issue getting in at 7pm, 1hr before kickoff

Dec 7, 2015, 6:28 PM

10 minutes maybe?

Smooth sailing.

i just don't see how that is possible

Dec 7, 2015, 6:30 PM

Not calling you a liar but there was a MOB outside of the north entrance. If you got in line near the east side going to the north, You were in line for at least 45 min. I plowed thru the suckers not cutting people and still was in line 45 min.

sorry that you found the long line

Dec 7, 2015, 6:34 PM

I'd say there were 20 people ahead of me in line - took each person about 30 seconds.
Emptied pockets, wand front, turn around, wand back, walk in.

Maybe the folks around me listened to directions better?

Need to write (real letter) the ACC if you want change

Dec 7, 2015, 6:32 PM

I would write Swofford and their media people:

http://www.theacc.com/page/StaffDirectory

The way they handled it CREATED a terrorism threat - four entrances with 15,000 people bunched up for 45-60 minutes.

Not to mention it was dark and there were trash cans and changes in elevation - I will be surprised if no one was hurt Saturday night just waiting in line.

What gate did you enter?

Dec 7, 2015, 6:35 PM

I entered the East Gate and I got in line at 6:50 and didn't get in until 8:05pm and I did not bring ANYTHING and went through the "express line" LOL.

I think the worst was East and North - closer to the hotels and major parking areas. Sounds like South was the best gate to enter.

I went in the East Gate, got in line 5 minutes before you

Dec 7, 2015, 8:05 PM

and it took 20-30 minutes to get in. I definitely didn't cut in front of anyone.

Dec 7, 2015, 6:45 PM

Agreed. Got in line about 7:30. Missed most of the first quarter. Ridiculous.

Guess I waited in line and didn't cut ahead.

Not the security people's fault: they are just following orders.

And it's true. Charlotte is a wanna be Atlanta: always has been, always will be baby! Not to mention the stadium serves Pepsi...

Dec 7, 2015, 7:14 PM

You got in line at 7:30? and you wonder why you got in late LOL You'll miss the tiger running down the hill if you wait 30 minutes before kick off.

Went by a program cuold fine one unless I wanted to walk back down stairs to the first level !!

Tried to get a Dr.Pepper ????????????????? NO PEPPER Why sponsor

Message was edited by: armsb®

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic