Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Emperor Cooper in NC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Emperor Cooper in NC

Feb 24, 2021, 7:19 AM

is expected to announce his decree today that he will allow people to do more things. This is expected to include attendance at sporting events.

Hmmm... just in time for ACC basketball tournament in Greensboro?
I won’t complain...but the timing is rather interesting.
$$$$$

This could also be big for our opening football game, IF things don’t go backwards again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Emperor Cooper in NC

Feb 24, 2021, 7:33 AM

It took a year, but I think we've flattened the curve.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2021, 7:35 AM

I DOUBT IT BUT MAYBE SOMEDAY WE WILL FIND OUT THE ACTUAL NUMBERS OF PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY DIED "OF" THE COVID. WE WILL ALL BE AMAZED IF IT EVER HAPPENS

I heard Cuomo has some good data he can share with us.***

Feb 24, 2021, 7:36 AM

Feb 24, 2021, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Emperor Cooper in NC ]

Yeah Ohio messed up too. They couldn't correctly count the dead correctly but surprisingly under reported them for a while.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump’s vaccine does seem to be helping.

Feb 24, 2021, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Emperor Cooper in NC ]

Hopefully the trend continues.

At least he wants teachers to be a priority for vaccinations.

Feb 24, 2021, 7:44 AM

Plantation owner McMaster ##### on teachers at every given opportunity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: At least he wants teachers to be a priority for vaccinations.

Feb 24, 2021, 7:48 AM

A majority of teachers have made it quite ####### clear they do not consider themselves essential workers so why should they be treated with any such priority.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Valid point. My wife is a teacher and the Teachers union

Feb 24, 2021, 7:51 AM

has made it clear that they support any policy that separates the teachers and students. Teaching is basically non-essential according to most union officials.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

NC has a teachers union?

Feb 24, 2021, 8:09 AM

Professional organizations =/= labor union.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NEA is powerful in most counties of the state. And

Feb 24, 2021, 8:32 AM

they dictate policy to Cooper. Cooper wishes he were in a state that mandated membership to the Union.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

NCAE is disguised as a “professional organization”

Feb 24, 2021, 8:38 AM

It is a democrat fundraising organization.

You are right, teachers are not really required to join it. But they use disgusting fear tactics to entice young teachers to buy in, and most go along with it.

Re: NCAE is disguised as a “professional organization”

Feb 24, 2021, 10:53 AM

This is 100% true. My mother in law was a special education teacher for over 20 years in NC. She wrote a small "book" outlining how her parents came to America from China to escape their oppressive government and one of her co-workers submitted it to the NCAE as a part of a writing contest in honor of MLK. She was to be presented with an award at the NCAE MLK dinner. We all go to this dinner to support her in winning this award. During dinner they had a guest speaker, Mickey Michaux. You would think that at a dinner "honoring" MLK, the speech would be about about MLK and his message, right? Oh no, the entire 30 minute speech was a nothing more than a political rant about how racist George W Bush and all republicans are. Oh and regarding the "award" for my mother in law you ask? Nothing more than a 10 second mention at the end of it and plaque to take home...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very thankful my kids are out of the public indoctrination

Feb 24, 2021, 11:05 AM

camps disguised as public education. For young parents, don't save for college, unless you can pay for private primary school first. More important to go to private school than college at this point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sure you are prepared to provide examples

Feb 24, 2021, 11:19 AM

of this ‘indoctrination’ of which you speak.

Re: The NEA is powerful in most counties of the state. And

Feb 24, 2021, 9:21 AM [ in reply to The NEA is powerful in most counties of the state. And ]

In SC they deployed their lobbying organization, SC for Ed, to attack the AAP and the SCAAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) when they publicly advocated for return to school over the summer. You know, because “believe science.”

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Definitely not a majority in SC.

Feb 24, 2021, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: At least he wants teachers to be a priority for vaccinations. ]

The majority of teachers in SC are in the classroom full time.

Re: Definitely not a majority in SC.

Feb 24, 2021, 8:33 AM

Lol

Feb 24, 2021, 8:49 AM

What was funny about what he said? It is the truth.

Feb 24, 2021, 8:59 AM

Actually it’s not funny. It’s pathetic. What percentage of South Carolina’s children, who can’t afford private school, are receiving full time, in person schooling? The only grades it is even possible in most counties is K-5 where a handful of kids sit in a class while the teacher talks to the computer all day. Any defense of what is going on in our schools is either ignorance or negligence.

Feb 24, 2021, 10:36 AM

viztiz® said:

Actually it’s not funny. It’s pathetic. What percentage of South Carolina’s children, who can’t afford private school, are receiving full time, in person schooling? The only grades it is even possible in most counties is K-5 where a handful of kids sit in a class while the teacher talks to the computer all day. Any defense of what is going on in our schools is either ignorance or negligence.

Meant to reply...

Feb 24, 2021, 10:37 AM

You certainly seem to have the ignorance part squared away...

Re: Meant to reply...

Feb 24, 2021, 11:38 AM

You must not have kids, or even know any kids, in SC public schools. Because they are not, at any level, receiving a real education right now. This is backed up by grades, testing, and the mental and physical health of children across the state. If you do have kids and they’re doing great - then good for you but it is not the norm. I have the resources to take care of my kids.. Most people do not and it is this willful indifference to this vulnerable population that is appalling. But you got your sick burns in on the internet, so there is that.

Well...maybe you and I aren’t too far apart on this

Feb 24, 2021, 12:47 PM

Three kids with the youngest a junior in SC public schools. Our area has been mostly on-person since last fall. K-5 are in-person full time and higher grades are A/B day schedule but are in class at least 2-3 days per week. With that said, I believe there was an option for parents to ‘opt out’ and do online only...and I would agree those kids are probably not getting as compete an education right now...but that was a parental decision.

Where I think we agree is in regard to education for underprivileged and vulnerable population. My wife teaches special needs and ‘at risk’ kids and they are actually full time right now...but again, about half of her kids parents opted out of in-person. Some are immune-compromised and completely agree with parental decision there. For the rest learning at home, some just don’t have the resources or environment in which to learn. The teachers are trying and my wife has even visited homes (distanced outside) to try and help some of those kids. But let’s face it, SC doesn’t do a good job with at risk kids under normal circumstances.

Feb 24, 2021, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: At least he wants teachers to be a priority for vaccinations. ]

I have no idea what area of SC you are referring to. Maybe you are talking about teachers in another state.

In Berkeley county the only teachers who are not in the classrooms are the teachers who currently have COVID.

It has been that way since September.

There have also been students in those classrooms the entire time with the exception of 1 week after Christmas break where the school board decided to have students learn virtually. Teachers were IN THEIR CLASSROOMS for this entire week trying to do the best they could to teach the students online.

I am aware that not all school districts have this policy and some have spent more time out of school.

Maybe instead of bashing teachers, you should make a plan for who is going to teach children when more teachers continue to leave the classroom due to people like you trashing their profession while also having to deal with the pathetic pay that is given in the state of South Carolina.

Both of my parents are teachers in their 60s, but not 65, and have been face-to-face with students for the entire school year.

No vaccine for them because we have to let the smokers hop in line first right?

Feb 24, 2021, 11:15 AM

Having handfuls of students watch teachers as they do online instruction isn’t full time in person instruction. Sorry we’re getting hung up on the fact that teachers are being required to sit in a classroom now, but they are not teaching normally. I have four students in midlands public schools. I have nieces and nephews in Greenville County and Charleston County. I was in an elementary school yesterday. I met with a middle school principal on Monday. I don’t know a single child k though college that is receiving a majority of their instruction time face to face other than k-5 who sit in a classroom while the teacher talks to a computer. Childhood obesity is through the roof. Statistically once identified as obese it is rarely reversed. Childhood anxiety and depression are through the roof. Students are failing courses 3-4x previous rates. Benchmark tests, traditionally a rubber stamp for all but the most challenged students, are being failed by a majority of students. Districts in the state have literally completely lost contact with more than 10,000+ at risk students. But everything is apparently fine.

Feb 24, 2021, 1:19 PM

You seem to have a lot of connections in different areas and you visited the building of an elementary school yesterday so you must know more than my parents who are in classrooms every day and who interact with teachers and students for a career.

As I noted, not all counties and districts are the same.

What you are wrong about however is the idea that every student in a class is learning through a monitor and not having a teacher speak to them.

My mom stands up and TEACHES math every single day to her classes. At the same time she has a computer camera pointed at her because some STUDENTS have chosen to stay home to learn. This choice was not made by the teachers or schools but the individual families based on their personal feelings.

My dad does the same and has never mentioned doing anything different.

Children may learn from a computer screen at times (not all of the time as you say) but they are still going out to recess at elementary levels as I have many friends and other family members teaching at that level as well that have confirmed that to me multiple times.

Much of student failures and poor test scores can be attributed to that fact that so many schools and districts were NOT equipped to be online last spring when everything was forced to close. Many students, especially elementary aged, missed their last 2 months of school because their district's plan was "come pick up 2 weeks worth of papers and take them home to do them" instead of implementing online learning. The lack of online interaction with teachers last spring destroyed some borderline students' chances of keeping up.

You seem like somebody who likes to complain and blame things that you don't know instead of actually getting information on a subject.

I hope that your children and nieces and nephews are doing well in all areas of learning and health. I also hope that you are not corrupting them with your "blame teachers" garbage.

Maybe you should pull your children out of school and home-school them so you can teach them "the way they are supposed to learn" instead of leaving them at the hands of people who have made a career out of educating young people when their parents couldn't.

I doubt you would do that because it's much harder than simply saying that teachers are worthless and they are causing all of the problems for young people these days.

Feb 24, 2021, 3:19 PM

For some reason you believe that the feedback from your parents trumps any other actual experience. I have no idea what district or situation your parents are in. But what you are describing is not consistent with what most kids are experiencing. You’ve also put a lot of words in my mouth. Since you are using math as an example. - math is now being taught entirely via an online curriculum in Richland 2. Even when the teacher is speaking they are just reciting the Big Ideas Math or Khan Academy assignment of the day. I listen to it everyday. And it is the experience shared by literally every other parent I have spoken with. In person learning didn’t begin in any capacity in this area until midway through first semester. Public school districts are already cancelling summer programs. Lexington 5 is already publicly discussing the hybrid model they intend to implement NEXT school year. Good for your parents that they’ve found themselves in a district or school managing to deal responsibly with things. But, as I’ve said before: testing, grades, and health data all indicate that the current status quo is devastating to children. If you take that as an affront to your parents and want to pretend it isn’t true that is on you.

ooooh, plantation owner? he must have a really good hunting

Feb 24, 2021, 9:39 AM [ in reply to At least he wants teachers to be a priority for vaccinations. ]

property.

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Teachers are in the next category (1B) which is essential workers

Feb 24, 2021, 11:56 AM [ in reply to At least he wants teachers to be a priority for vaccinations. ]

I don't think anyone can seriously debate that 65 and up should not be the priority. That is the age group where almost all of the COVID deaths have come from.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a Totalitarian ruler. He'd wear a laurel around his

Feb 24, 2021, 7:47 AM

head if he thought he could get away with it.

Of course the NC media would only write glowing reports of how the laurel used naturally grown plants and radiated the dignity of the man.

No matter what "they" say of why this is happening...

Feb 24, 2021, 7:57 AM

We'll be fine very soon (CDC website daily cases graph).

The 4th wave is going to be killer. Wear more masks!!!***

Feb 24, 2021, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sounds too Imperialistic for me. "Let them eat Cake!"

Feb 24, 2021, 8:28 AM

That didn't turn out too well for old Marie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds too Imperialistic for me. "Let them eat Cake!"

Feb 24, 2021, 8:47 AM

Cooper's edicts preventing outdoor attendance at sporting events is ridiculous. 7% for football games. 0% for basketball games as well as all outdoor spring sports. Zero fans allowed to watch baseball or lacrosse.

Open it up and follow the SCIENCE.

Feb 24, 2021, 10:17 AM

The big deal with Cooper's announcement is that NC HS football starts this week.

As it stands, no visiting fans are allowed, and current restrictions equal about 1 fan per player/cheerleader for the home team in most high school stadiums. A complete and total crock.

Feb 24, 2021, 10:42 AM

Covid deniers never quit.

Might be different if they were working in a clinical setting.

Like the Monday-morning Clemson football complainers, Covid deniers only operate from "off the field."

And does it really matter if you died directly from Covid - - or from Covid complications and another co-morbidity?

You're still DEAD.

Feb 24, 2021, 3:29 PM

When the average age of death from COVID is practically equal to the average life expectancy, you’re basically just counting deaths.

Yeah, there are a lot of deaths when you do that and yeah, they really are dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 24, 2021, 4:18 PM

30% capacity for outdoor events in NC.
15% for indoor events.

It's a start.

Feb 24, 2021, 4:23 PM

Outdoor events 15 percent to stadiums of over 5000 capacity or 30% if less. Not exactly a windfall considering 70% of NC covid deaths were in nursing homes, many died of other causes but were labeled covid. I wish he’d quit playing games....

15% indoor

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic