Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Email from Uncle I received back...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 428

Email from Uncle I received back...

Nov 12, 2020, 4:49 PM

from wishing him a Happy Veteran's Day.

Fortunately, your Dad and I served in peaceful times. Jerry(other brother) was in the Air Force for a short while after high school. While I was at Fort Bragg President Kennedy visited and I watched him ride by in an open car. He is the only president I have seen.. I saw Reagan at the Biltmore when he was running for office.

Dad(my Grandfather) worked at a government warehouse prior to going to Southern Railroad which was a critical job. Having four kids also kept him from serving. His three brothers did - Archie in North Africa, Fred in Germany and Edwin in the South Pacific. All returned home safely. I remember their coming home. Their parents had three stars in the window. Papa(My Great Grandfather) worked at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville. I stayed with them some in the summer. When Japan surrendered in August, 1945 Mama and I were walking that Sunday afternoon when people started running out of their houses, church bells were ringing and crowds came to downtown Huntsville for the celebration.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's a family to be proud of. It seems like a different

Nov 12, 2020, 5:52 PM

country these days, but families like yours are still out there, doing the right thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing

Nov 12, 2020, 6:01 PM

love to hear these types of stories. All my old folks relatives are gone and I am the only one with stories. LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always forget about Hitler trying

Nov 12, 2020, 6:55 PM

to take North Africa and that we had men there too. I have never met anyone that served on that front.

Just as I always think of my mountain man grandpa being shipped out to the middle of pacific and how insane that must of been for him, the same stands for the desert of Africa or the winters in Germany/Austria, etc.. What those men did is #### near incredible.

We can google a place if someone says, "you are going to Nepal". You can look it up, see what the culture is like, the landscape. These dudes just jumped on and off boats and saw things for the first time. Insane.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 428
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic