Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson AD comments on Tony Elliott and his future with Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 5,204

TNET: Clemson AD comments on Tony Elliott and his future with Tigers

Jan 27, 2021, 4:15 PM

Clemson AD comments on Tony Elliott and his future with Tigers

Tennessee announced the hiring of former UCF coach Josh Heupel on Wednesday, who followed his former athletic director Danny White to the school. Clemson offens Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson AD comments on Tony Elliott and his future with Tigers

Jan 27, 2021, 4:26 PM

Fantastic News !!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He DEFINITELY gone.***

Jan 27, 2021, 4:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That sounded

Jan 27, 2021, 5:10 PM

A lot like a post I made two days ago! Dabo chose Elliot for a reason, the school is paying him 6 million dollars and he would be foolish to get into that dumpster fire in Knoxville. Loyalty will take you a long way If you allow it. Stay loyal to Clemson sports, coaches, administration and orange and white. It will not let you down. Go Tigers

Re: He DEFINITELY gone.***

Jan 27, 2021, 7:36 PM [ in reply to He DEFINITELY gone.*** ]

I don't think so!

HUNGRY

Jan 27, 2021, 5:32 PM

I AM HUNGRY.

You should research TIA

Jan 27, 2021, 5:43 PM

=TigerInAtown

Jan 27, 2021, 8:48 PM

I think Tony says, my work's not done here!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2021, 9:11 PM

He may have that feeling after this season, and if the right job comes open, but he has told Dan Rad that he will be at Clemson next season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UCF

Jan 27, 2021, 9:59 PM

Would be a GOOD choice to get started as a head choach, for numerous reasons. Dabo preps all his people for future success and has plans for all replacements. If Tony decides to take this position, its not like we couldnt see it coming.

Elliott should DEFINITELY at least go through an interview

Jan 28, 2021, 10:12 AM

with UCF. If his goal is to become a head coach, it will be better for his career to take the incremental steps available to him, like UCF, rather than to wait to jump into a "good" job. "Good" jobs in CFB now are grinders that will chew you up and spit you out. 1st time HC jobs are OJT and it's best to get the OJT in a place that doesn't have the expectations and pressure of winning because it's a winning program, or winning against winning programs...
UCF has had and will continue to get good enough talent to be competitive against most P5 schools, he can recruit the kind of players that will love the opportunity to play D1 ball but will be motivated to prove that they should have gotten better offers. He can recruit from texas back to florida and up to probably about Virginia, I just see many more positives than negatives if a HC job is the goal. Be a great HC at UCF, and a premium HC in P5 will open up in the next 5 years...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would sure be a slap in the face for Rocky Top if Tony

Jan 28, 2021, 5:22 PM

turned them down, and then hired into the job their new Head Coach just left. It might even make them "Ryan Day" kind of mad. Only difference is, they only got about a third of the team that Day had. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 7:23 PM

He's going to be head coach here one day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 7:57 PM

He's going to be head coach here one day

Could be. Would love to see him or Jeff Scott whenever Dabo hangs up the whistle.

Replies: 13
| visibility 5,204
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic