Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Electronic Tickets on Stub Hub
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Electronic Tickets on Stub Hub

Jul 15, 2013, 8:50 AM

Has anyone every had problems with CFB tickets from Stub Hub? Looking at NC State. I don't like the electronic ticket- how can you verify that the ticket was not also sold to someone else if all you do is print it off and get it scanned at the gate? Seems that all the other person would have to do is get their copy scanned before you get to the gate and you have a problem you don't want to deal with on gameday.

Thanks,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I have purchased tickets via StubHub....

Jul 15, 2013, 8:53 AM

on several prior occasions. In each case, StubHub mailed me the original tickets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Electronic Tickets on Stub Hub

Jul 15, 2013, 8:56 AM

I have used StubHub several times for hoops tickets at Clemson, I used the electronic version without a problem, but how they can verify they were not a re-print I don't know

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2013, 9:02 AM

it's safe to buy print-your-own tickets from the original source, or a reputable broker like Stub Hub. just don't buy print-your-own from someone you don't know. i.e. someone selling a the game.

The electronic tickets are also listed with your name

Jul 15, 2013, 9:05 AM

so any discrepancy can be taken care of with a personal ID.

if you give away and electronic ticket you have to change the information in the system as well, but it makes it convenient to give tix away to someone miles apart and not have to personally meet or mail them. They can just print them out with the log in info you provide them.

Its a different upc though. The first guy couldn't print them out then sell to you. only the ticket of the person with current access would be recognized by the scanner.

Also Stub Hub is a reputable company. if they are in the habit of selling the same tix twice then they would have gone out of business very long time ago.

Once you try it you probably won't go back. Much more convenient.

Message was edited by: MSTiger02®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Thx-actually might even be a more secure option for away tix

Jul 15, 2013, 9:48 AM

when you know even less about the tickets and the stadium

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jul 15, 2013, 9:21 AM

No worries. I've used that feature several times with no problems.

I believe Stub Hub has guarantees. I have bought several

Jul 15, 2013, 9:33 AM

electronic concert tickets from them and never had a problem.

Jul 15, 2013, 10:33 AM

It is completley safe. The actual tickets have a bar code which has to be entered in order to sell them on stubhub. Their system has a check to make sure the barcode and the seat location matchup. The barcode of the actual ticket is then voided and the printed ticket will have a new valid barcode. However, I don't see what would stop someone from selling the actual voided ticket on game day.

You can't know for sure, but Stubhub guarantee's your money

Jul 15, 2013, 10:35 AM

They will give you a full refund if the ticket doesn't work. That however will not help you at the gate.

have never had a problem with stubhub***

Jul 15, 2013, 11:54 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic