Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump

Aug 19, 2020, 12:43 PM

https://twitter.com/trumpwarroom/status/1293224254897618944?s=21

I know a lot of you here support trump so the goal of this isn’t to hate on the message but to point out how college football media has ignored this.

I wasn’t even aware he said this a week ago until just now. I didn’t see all the ESPN talking heads slamming O for this very clear political statement.

Yet they did go out of their way to slam Dabo for possible innuendo political messages pretty much all of June.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump

Aug 19, 2020, 12:57 PM

You can't shout "Keep politics out of sports!" then turn around and applaud this. If one does than that just goes to show you what people really mean is "Keep politics that I don't agree with out of sports!"

Aug 19, 2020, 1:12 PM

You're exactly right about that. It's pretty much the same as how you can hardly ever read a post on here anymore without it turning into some sort of politics discussion. People say they don't want politics in their sports, yet tNet can run an article about how a former Clemson player is doing in the NFL and you can bet your house that at least one person will reply with how they don't watch the NFL because of the flag.

Let someone else start a topic involving the NFL, NBA, MLB, or pretty much any other pro sport and it's the same response. People don't want politics in their sports, yet somehow they can't allow anyone else to discuss sports without injecting those same politics that supposedly caused them to stop watching those sports into it.

Interesting how you never see a post that goes something like "did you see the comments that one athlete said? I agree with everything he said 100%, but I'm done watching the sport he plays in because I'm sick of guys like him offering their political opinions. Nobody cares what he or any other athlete has to say about anything other than sports."

Yeah.. I don’t necessarily agree

Aug 19, 2020, 7:06 PM

I will start with what I do agree with: no one cares what athletes think about political issues.

To that point though- if you share your political thoughts or protest or try to make a stand and “take advantage of your stage” you only risk negativity. For example, I would point to the most popular athletes in my generation... Tiger and MJ. Both ran from political issues like the plague. MJ famously said, “Republicans buy sneakers too.” Which one would assume makes him a Dem, but he never said that. There are plenty of examples of athletes and celebrities who ruined their image by running their mouths. I know I wouldn’t buy merch supporting a guy who has come out to take a stand against my views.... but I would if I had no idea what his views were. It’s a risk- and it can only effect you negatively in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what I got out of his post at all. He is

Aug 19, 2020, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

highlighting the double standard applied to Dabo.

null

Some can't see the forest thru the trees***

Aug 20, 2020, 8:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Judging from the responses, most didn't read past the word

Aug 20, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to That's not what I got out of his post at all. He is ]

Trump. Pretty funny, actually.

Aug 19, 2020, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

There is a very real difference in an off field interview and an on field demonstration. I am a die hard conservative Republican. I dont care if a coach has and makes known his political views off the field. I dont care if a player makes his political views known off the field. I just do not want to see political demonstrations on the field on game day.

Nope. Not from the players, and most espcecially, not from

Aug 21, 2020, 10:39 AM

THE DANG ANNOUNCE CREW! Yes, I mean you, ESPN (Evil Spittin' Politics Network).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

Meh...I call bull sh*t.

How many open conservative coaches have come out in support of Trump on live TV? Zero...The sell out at Oklahoma State gets crucified for wearing an “OAN” shirt...So when a coach comes out in support of Trump, it gives conservatives the right to say something in the support. So in essence, I’ll keep my politics out if you keep yours out...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Giving your opinion while being interviewed on a cable news

Aug 20, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

network is not the same as painting political slogans on your field of play, putting political messages on your jersey, or kneeling for the flag. What a nonsense conflation.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

Perhaps some people have given up on trying to keep it out and decided what the heck, fight fire with fire. Just a thought.

Aug 19, 2020, 12:58 PM

That's probably not good for recruiting. Who knows though?

Aug 19, 2020, 1:37 PM

I don't really think it'll impact anything. I think most people don't care enough about politics either way to have it impact something like which school their son will play football at. I think we all have at least one friend who is very passionate about politics and just happens to be for the opposite side that we are, and while we may have a heated political debate with them from time to time, we're still able to be good friends. In a way, the same could be said about being friends with a South Carolina fan. I don't think this is really any different.

Aug 19, 2020, 4:55 PM

Maybe. One thing is for sure, a lot of players and teams have refused to visit the White House due to Trump.

And I bet a lot of them did not want to visit Obama, but

Aug 20, 2020, 6:44 AM

they showed respect for the office of the President and went along.

Re: And I bet a lot of them did not want to visit Obama, but

Aug 20, 2020, 10:07 PM

Plus1 to you Spud! I completely agree.

Re: And I bet a lot of them did not want to visit Obama, but

Aug 20, 2020, 10:12 PM [ in reply to And I bet a lot of them did not want to visit Obama, but ]

Probably very few had a problem with Obama, if any.

Aug 19, 2020, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

He is man enough not to care.

Aug 19, 2020, 7:05 PM

Man enough not to care about his players and his business? That's risky. He is rich though. He will be fine.

Maybe it helps him

Aug 19, 2020, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

recruit the smart kids who realize Pres Trump actually does things to help black people.
Despite what CNN says.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2020, 12:59 PM

Dabo was slammed by the media for supporting Trump?

no That’s my point

Aug 19, 2020, 1:04 PM

Dabo has never said anything like that but he’s been slammed for much More subtle things that people try to read into

If Dabo has openly endorsed Trump

Aug 19, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

I haven’t seen it. In so many ways, Trump is the anti-Dabo in his actions/deeds and one of the last people I could imagine Dabo approving of on a personal level.

So you think Dabo voted for Her?***

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not at all...

Aug 19, 2020, 2:15 PM

but a big difference in a ‘Sophie’s Choice’ in the voting booth and an open endorsement.

You do realize there were more than 2 on the ballot

Aug 19, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to So you think Dabo voted for Her?*** ]

And you didn't have to select any of them If you don’t want to

No, I had no idea there was more than two candidates and I

Aug 19, 2020, 5:07 PM

was under the impression that choosing between the two was MANDATORY...Thank you for the helpful information, now I know...not only that there were more than two choices, but that voting itself is optional

Re: If Dabo has openly endorsed Trump

Aug 19, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to If Dabo has openly endorsed Trump ]

You wanna bet.....but Dabo is smart enough to keep politics OUT of sports.....something all these idiots in the pros have forgot to do over the last few years.... Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Aug 19, 2020, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

If you have to sell out your beliefs to make money, you are not a man, you are a #####.

Aug 19, 2020, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

The only thing the media hates more than a conservative is a Christian. Of course, they usually go hand in hand since the left is run by Marxists these days so anyone who is openly Christian is gonna get treated like scum. Remember that in November.

Unbelievable. Where do you guys get this information?

Aug 19, 2020, 9:10 PM

Let me guess, Fox News. Lately, even Fox News is having a tough time covering up for Trump.

Aug 19, 2020, 1:02 PM

Doesn’t fit their narrative so no airtime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2020, 1:04 PM

It’s because Dabo is an open Christian. Espn is owned by people of a different faith who hate people like Dabo

Aug 19, 2020, 1:23 PM

Are people still on this? I was flipping through channels the other day and stopped at ESPNU which was showing women's volleyball and the game had just ended. The two teams gathered in a circle and one of the players led a prayer for all of them. The ESPN cameras zoomed in on all of this and clearly played the audio. I mentioned to my wife that I found this funny because there are still Clemson fans who think ESPN purposely turned off the Dabo audio after the ND game a few years ago because he mentioned God, even though they turned around and added the entire audio to their website soon after. Those people also never understood how tape delay works since if they hadn't wanted him to mention God on air then the delay would've allowed them to never air him saying it in the first place.

I think this logic is interesting though because it assumes that A) ESPN is owned by nothing but god hating people. So they only allow god hating people to buy shares? B) That Dabo is the only open Christian in sports, or even college football? Do they only hate coaches for this? Because they sure seemed to love running stories about Tebow and have been employing Tebow for the past several years which goes against the whole only hiring god hating people thing doesn't it?

Aug 19, 2020, 1:31 PM

Espn wanted Dabo fired for a t shirt. If you don’t see the agenda I don’t know what to tell you

Aug 19, 2020, 1:39 PM

Yeah? Which people at ESPN came out and said they wanted Dabo fired over that? And did ESPN come out with a statement saying that the entire company supported what these people were saying?

I like how everyone just throws around "ESPN" like its some

Aug 19, 2020, 2:48 PM

hive mind. ESPN has thousands of employees with different viewpoints. I'm sure many of them are Christians just as others will undoubtedly be atheists. Its hilarious that people believe Disney execs (or whatever) can get thousands of ESPN employees to walk lock step on some huge company agenda / conspiracy.

ESPN was founded in the northeast. Last i checked there were still a lot of Catholics up there. If there was some anti-Christian policy / conspiracy at ESPN you don't think some disgruntled employees would've blown the whistle by now? Come on guys.. use your heads.

Re: I like how everyone just throws around "ESPN" like its some

Aug 19, 2020, 4:27 PM

Good points. Some of the same people saying Clemson and Dabo get attacked because Dabo is a Christian are the ones also saying the media is biased towards ND.

fancy that... ESPN/media biased for a Jesuit school...

Aug 21, 2020, 10:12 AM

there's a lotta funny math going on in those conspiracies...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nail, meet head***

Aug 21, 2020, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump ]

With the MSM it's all about leverage, right?

Aug 19, 2020, 1:05 PM

With O, I'm pretty sure they know there are several things they can use that are go-to's for the Media if and when they need to bring him line.

Dabo isn't the same way - though he's surely no Saint, per se, they've played #### getting something to stick to the wall on him for years. Not even FFR was very successful. But then BLM came along, and a nation full of Libs who don't care about facts anymore. The Media smelled blood pretty quickly. And in the end, Dabo toed the line.

Shame on America in general for insincere and misplaced outrage.

Another site reported that the process had indeed uncovered several things within the program that both Dabo and Venables had missed relative "racial" issues, possibly even "rather obvious things". It was stated that this had been a good outcome, and that indeed, "the best was yet to come" because of that. I took this to mean at least in part that the players rather liked their "new voice".

I hope that those self-same players had the maturity to see the backside of that though when former players had to come to Dabo's defense as he was being actively miscast in the MSM. I hope that they saw that the Media and Political folks in this country can never be trusted.

Dabo's a big boy though - he'll survive as long as he wants. Ed O, though, I'm not so sure.

Re: With the MSM it's all about leverage, right?

Aug 19, 2020, 1:30 PM

I personally think people on here over blow the amount of media attention that some things receive. It seems like things are getting a lot of attention by reading on here because there's always someone pulling a random tweet, or article from somewhere on the internet. I'd venture to bet that most people would have no idea what you're talking about if you hit the streets and asked people about this "outrage" that was directed at Dabo.

You'll still get a thumbs down just for mentioning his name.

Aug 19, 2020, 1:14 PM

Haven't seen a post yet that didn't.

TDS is strong on this board.

Re: You'll still get a thumbs down just for mentioning his name.

Aug 19, 2020, 1:31 PM

Yeah, anything with Orgeron is basically blacklisted TDs immediately. I am TD-ing this post...

Mentioning President Trump or Ed Orgeron?***

Aug 21, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to You'll still get a thumbs down just for mentioning his name. ]

As long as he endorses BLM or doesn't make an anthem

Aug 19, 2020, 1:36 PM

comment, nobody in the media gives a ####...true story

If he did make an anthem comment, how would we know?***

Aug 19, 2020, 1:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Subtitles? Just like on Swampmen***

Aug 19, 2020, 2:27 PM

I would never know Troy was telling Miz Liz to shoot it

Aug 19, 2020, 2:28 PM

without them

Hold on there now...

Aug 19, 2020, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Subtitles? Just like on Swampmen*** ]

it's Swamp PEOPLE... Ms Liz and Chey wouldn't want you to dismiss their femininity just because they hunt gators...

Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump- It seems

between Ed's divorce and his alleged covering up a couple rapes by a former player he might not be the best endorser. Besides who was his interpreter? Maybe they screwed up what he said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2020, 3:34 PM

I definitely heard that ...

I shoved past them humpers, My Derrius done in can pass lick knobs

I love President Trump...I think he's doing a fantastic job

Aug 19, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump- It seems ]

Actually, with that kind of conduct, he is the perfect person to endorse Donald Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2020, 6:45 PM

Honestly. Do you think Joe Biden has a less interesting sexual past than Trump. Every President in the modern era, with the exception of Jimmy Carter, has been a Ho Dog.

Aug 19, 2020, 6:58 PM

Incorrect. Talk about fake news. If so, we would have heard about it. I have not heard any stories about Biden paying off #### stars and magazine models. And there is plenty of right wing press which would have reported it if it had happened.

Aug 19, 2020, 7:40 PM

Biden has had his exploits. Read what his former secret service agents have said.

Aug 19, 2020, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for Trump- It seems ]

http://fordhampoliticalreview.org/the-other-biden/

Aug 20, 2020, 6:49 PM

Not sure if an undergraduate opinion piece from a polisci major whose primary interests include “increasing political polarization” is a great share.

bold strategy cotton. Let’s see how that plays out for him***

Aug 19, 2020, 3:24 PM

Video on The Ocho............***

Aug 21, 2020, 10:17 AM

Aug 19, 2020, 6:30 PM

Who do you think wants football played? Republicans or Democrats? Democrat leaders want to hide in a basement and quarantine everyone until a vaccine is widely available. Republicans want to return to normal. You think Biden and K.H. want football played? Most of the university Prez/Chancelors who voted to cancel football are liberal Democrats. Facts is facts, even if you dont like em.

Maybe because he's an SEC coach they try to ignore it

Aug 20, 2020, 12:41 AM

Makes you wonder how many SEC coaches make non-PC statements that fly under the radar. If Dabo had said that they'd be on him 24/7.

Re: Maybe because he's an SEC coach they try to ignore it

Aug 20, 2020, 8:35 AM

There is a difference. Make an on the fence statement and you will get nailed. Make a definitive, unambiguous statement and you will be left alone. Ed aint going to back pedal, so he wont be pushed on it. He is also a minority and that helps a lot. White reporters accusing minorities of racism does not usually end well.

Dabo is definitely not a fence sitter.

Aug 20, 2020, 11:21 AM

He wouldn't back down from anything he said either. Ed is just an ethnic minority, not a racial one. That's small potatoes in the social justice landscape so I doubt reporters pay it any heed.

Re: Dabo is definitely not a fence sitter.

Aug 20, 2020, 7:36 PM

He is ethnically Cajun, but he is racially Native American. Look at him and tell me he is not at least half Houma Indian. I am Cherokee/Creek and I know us when I see us. He mentioned it one time as well.

Aug 20, 2020, 8:47 AM

there goes the locker room

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ed Orgeron openly voices support for...

Aug 20, 2020, 11:19 AM

Ed O has been very vocal supporting the current LA Gov, a DEMOCRAT, in his attempts to get the people to do what they must do re CV19.

He has also been complimentary of Trump for the job he is doing re getting US to play football.

He has endorsed no one in their run for any office.

IMO he has been supportive of those in power of either ilk for their efforts, with which he agrees, but has not taken a political stance.

Ed also did well re BLM, waiting to comment until he met with team leaders and then making a statement endorsed by the group. Primary recommendation was to make a difference, for everyone to register and vote.

Why does this coot smell like corn dogs ?***

Aug 21, 2020, 12:07 PM

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic