Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yeah !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 542

Yeah !

Feb 25, 2021, 8:34 PM

And I think stores should stop separating underwear by gender too ! I have my reasons ...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/california-law-fine-department-stores-1000-separating-toys-gender?cmpid=FNC_app

Fres

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't read anything other than the article, so would be

Feb 25, 2021, 10:44 PM

interested in the other side of the story if there is one, but what strikes me about this is that store marketing merely reflects societal norms. One can make a case that some marketing norms can reflect values that are per se immoral and should be disallowed. So, granted.

But there is nothing immoral about a societal observation that boys like to play with some types of toys and girls with other types, and that customers enjoy shopping for them in that manner. The whole thing is just who we are. I can see no legal theory by which a govt has a right to impose some other behavioral norms regarding toys.

A more dangerous norm is the growing acceptance of govt's right to do this, the idea that society's values should not be determined from the bottom up but the top down. Orwell wrote about this in '1984'.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"EVERYBODY!!!" (in Oldman fashion from "The Professional")

Feb 25, 2021, 11:06 PM

Everybody needs a copy of '1984' in their back pocket nowadays to adequately assess the morass of current government oversight ...

Orwell was a political savant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will notice that people who once referred to it don't

Feb 26, 2021, 12:58 AM

like being reminded that it is now here. Truth when it was somebody else, not so much in the mirror.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see that the California derangement Syndrome

Feb 25, 2021, 11:32 PM

is spreading.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Granted. If it stays out there. You're for state autonomy I'm

Feb 26, 2021, 12:55 AM

guessing, which is good. I agree.

Message was edited by: CUintulsa®

Re: Granted. If it stays out there. You're for state autonomy I'm

Feb 26, 2021, 7:04 AM

Jesus I lived the for 11 years. Had I not, the stories I hear from people who have never been there, let alone set foot on an airplane, would have me believe it was a concentration camp surrounded by landmines comprised of human feces and MS-13 feeding conservives into ovens.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 542
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic