Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ETN and Pass Blocking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,125

ETN and Pass Blocking

Sep 15, 2019, 10:26 PM

I've been critical of his pass blocking from day 1. Gotta say against SU he went next level and was looking to prove a point.

It was target practice! One play he lit a guy up. On a couple of others, it looked like he was inviting guys to come in and get tatooed.

His rushing stats will certainly decline vs. last year but this is no reflection on him as a player. ETN is so dangerous as a runner opposing, defenses have no choice but to jam the line when he's on the field. He just has to be patient, take what the defense gives and continue his noticeable improvement as a pass catcher.

Bottom line: Don't judge ETN by his stats. He's a much better player than last year. So much so that defenses are building their game plans around stopping him.

When TL finds his groove and the answer to "pick your poison" isn't so obvious, this offense will go on a historic tear. It's gonna fun to watch!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN and Pass Blocking

Sep 15, 2019, 11:56 PM

Completely agree; and yes, his pass blocking is SO MUCH better!

I don't think his stats will suffer...

Sep 16, 2019, 2:05 AM

The last (2) games, the opposing defenses have been selling out on the run. TL has been off a little passing, but once he hits his stride, things will open back up for ETN.

Two cupcake games still to be played and I expect stats to be well padded.

We can also thank ETN for keeping Cuse out of the endzone

Sep 16, 2019, 6:06 AM

on Trevor's second pass interception. If ETN doesn't chase the guy down and make the tackle, Syracuse would have scored a TD. I'd like to see ETN get a few more passes in space when defenses are jamming up the line to stop the run. Every time ETN gets the ball with a little running room he makes you hold your breath - that young man can take it to the house at any moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,125
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic