Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN talking heads missed a key point on UNCheat.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

ESPN talking heads missed a key point on UNCheat.

Nov 19, 2015, 2:22 PM

They were talking about their 9-1 record, and why they aren't ranked higher. Pollack even stated he thought UNC has a great shot to upset Clemson in the ACCCG. Two reasons were given ..... (1) They lost to a bad SC team .... and actually should have won, and (2) Their OOC schedule is weak.

I contend they missed a third point which is very key ..... they did not have to play Louisville, Clemson, or FSU during the regular season. Most likely, they would have lost two of those three, and be sitting at 7-3 right now. It amazes me how people just assume that two teams in the same conference play the same schedule each year. This scenario is exactly how Duke has had recent success. ESPN loves to hype games they are broadcasting, so expect to hear more about how great UNC is before we play them. I think our punter can take the night off during that game. No way they stop us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do think a lot of people still get crossed up

Nov 19, 2015, 2:26 PM

with all but one real conference having a championship game and now the 14 team conferences.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If your OOC schedule = NCA&T, Delaware, & a (L) to 3-7 SC

Nov 19, 2015, 2:30 PM

you're not getting ANY respect until you earn it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

UNC in the ACC = Iowa in the B1G

Nov 19, 2015, 2:31 PM

UNC avoided CLEM, FSU, and Louisville from the Atlantic

Iowa avoided Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan from the other division of the Big 10.

both of those teams will have to prove it against a good team before they get much respect

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

NC A&T has the best record of a team they played

Nov 19, 2015, 2:45 PM

5, 3-7 teams on their schedule. Pitt and duke have the best records at 7-3 and 6-4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

am I missing a key point?

Nov 19, 2015, 3:50 PM

Everyone has the Tarholes penciled in as our foe, but don't they have to win AT Virginia Tech in Frank Beamer's last home game, which would make the Hokies bowl eligible for the 23rd straight season? And if UNCheat loses in Blacksburg, it comes down to their game vs. NC State? Just asking.

That's correct.Plus Pitt would have to win-out in conference***

Nov 19, 2015, 3:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All Pitt has to do is lose

Nov 19, 2015, 3:59 PM [ in reply to am I missing a key point? ]

one more and they are out of contention. That is why UNC is pretty much in. Pitt goes if they win out and UNC goes O-fer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All Pitt has to do is lose

Nov 19, 2015, 4:16 PM

Thank you.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic