Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN App / Sling TV rant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 51

ESPN App / Sling TV rant

Sep 29, 2018, 10:00 PM

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else experiencing incessant interruption problems with the OSU-PSU game on ESPN App? When the game started, the connection was OK, but then the playback paused every few seconds.

I do have a Sling account, and I don't experience as many interruptions when watching through Sling. However, I can't watch the said game with them, since it's aired on ABC TV. The funny thing is that I had a chat with them just minutes ago. On their FAQ page, it states that games aired on ABC TV are included, but the chat agent told me that they no longer have a contract with ABC TV :(

I can only watch the command center version through them, even though I have the sports extra package for +$5. Just pissed...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sling is for poor people...

Sep 29, 2018, 10:01 PM

Re: Sling is for poor people...

Sep 29, 2018, 10:08 PM

Yes it is.

Hence, why I have Sling. Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey..think you got problems?!

Sep 29, 2018, 10:03 PM

I’m in a RV with a 12V/120V TV Set & don’t know how to get either to work..

so on TNet for entertainment. ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN App / Sling TV rant

Sep 29, 2018, 10:04 PM

If you have a smart TV with a built in browser I do know a couple websites where you can stream games for free. You have to close a lot of ads to get it loaded, but once you get it playing it usually works fine. Let me know if you want a link.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:48 AM

TV's with built-in smart apps don't usually work well with sites that stream games or shows directly through the built-in browser since most of them use plugins like flash or java that can't be installed on the very limited browser included on 'smart' tv's.

Usually have to download various apps made specifically for streaming from their 'smart tv app catalog' like ESPN 3 or whatever it's called now (and obviously some third party apps that let you stream unlicensed streams but they don't seem to last long).

Sep 29, 2018, 10:09 PM

Not just Sling. Seeing the same issue with Watch ESPN with Spectrum.

Sep 29, 2018, 10:13 PM

The command center version on Sling is working fine. I would prefer the ABC TV version will full image, but the command center is still better than being annoyed with the connection issues. Well, have to bite the bullet...

Sep 29, 2018, 10:10 PM

I use playstation vue and have no problems. Used to but not anymore. I tried Sling but think its inferior to Vue.

Sep 29, 2018, 10:11 PM

Also spectrum here near Charleston-Ladson area.

Sep 29, 2018, 10:27 PM

Switch to YouTube TV. It has all of the networks, including ABC and sports.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 29, 2018, 10:36 PM

YouTube TV looks good, but paying $10 more per month to have access to ABC while not being interested in the other channels is a little pricey. But it is worth a consideration in the future.

Sep 29, 2018, 11:03 PM

Don't you have to pay extra to get the full ESPN package with Sling?

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 29, 2018, 11:15 PM

For paying extra, you get ESPNU, ESPN NEWS, SEC Network and I think PAC12 network. If you don't opt for the extra package, you can watch all regular ESPN games for $25/month.

Sep 30, 2018, 1:18 AM

I used to have Sling and ended up paying $45, including all of the sports channels. YouTube includes everything for $40, and the service is better.

--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 29, 2018, 10:58 PM

It's the ESPN app not the Sling that is causing that. That said, ABC is free with an antenna, or with PlaystationVue it shows the games just like live TV

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s absolute crap

Sep 29, 2018, 11:07 PM

I’ll pay the extra $10 you people save by cutting cable and watch tv without lag or skips.

I have sling and obviously had to find a way to get

Sep 29, 2018, 11:19 PM

Networks as well.

We’re in fort mill so a powered antenna gets us all networks for free. I don’t know where you are but I’m pretty sure a good powered antenna pointed properly can get you 60-70 miles of coverage.

Sep 29, 2018, 11:49 PM

I used to have that problem but not anymore. The fix came two ways. First I steam Sling via my computer, hooked to my TV and zero trouble. The other way is to sign into the ESPN app on my son’s Xbox, choosing Sling as my provider.

Sep 30, 2018, 3:46 AM

I tried sling a couple of years ago during football season, streaming was terrible. Using utube tv now. Works well. PS, I hate cable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic