Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN Announcers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

ESPN Announcers

Oct 26, 2012, 8:31 AM

Did many of you get the feeling, as I, that these 3 commentators were more interested in showing themselves on screen rather than the game. IMO they are the most loquacious and self centered group in sports. At one point, I muted my tv and just watched. Did any of you have the same feeling?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Pollack likes us. Reece too. Palmer is the odd man out.***

Oct 26, 2012, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Palmer is just stupid.***

Oct 26, 2012, 9:50 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He gets it honestly, you have to remember that he is an

Oct 26, 2012, 9:52 AM

OBS suckling!

Re: ESPN Announcers

Dude, the commentators were great. They were talking Clemson up all night, for the exception of Jesse dbag palmer talking about WR duos.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, Jesse Palmer was calling our guys "eye candy"

Oct 26, 2012, 9:45 AM

take that however you want...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

They were very complimentary of Clemson...

...other than that, I didn't notice much. Just don't pay'em that much attention.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Game became boring after 1st half. They were bored

Oct 26, 2012, 10:05 AM

Game became boring after 1st half for a non-Clemson fan. Announcers were bored and the producers were probably in their ear telling them to say something interesting (which didn't happen). Producers going for more shots inside the booth as they were hoping the announcers could do something to liven things up for the non-Clemson fan.

When they got into their little debate on the best WR tandem - it got a bit irritating as they sounded like two teenagers discussing the merits of Bieber vs One Direction (I have two teen step-daughters.. so yes I know of this serious debate).

Palmer is a chatterbox that is annoying. I'm on the pro-Pollack bandwagon. He didn't seem to run his mouth too much unless Uncle Jessie pushed it. I can't remember who the third in the boot was - I think there was a third.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the mute on for all of the 2nd half...

Oct 26, 2012, 10:12 AM

...the only reason to listen further was to see whether Pollack or Palmer could out-stupid-comment the other.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

What could they do? They couldn't show the stands unless

Oct 26, 2012, 10:13 AM

they zeroed in on the Clemson side. With 30 seconds prior to the game starting, the ushers asked me, my Dad and my son to yell over the wall and tell the 13 wf people in the parking lot that they needed to come on and grab a seat. It was not a pretty sight, except for all of the ORANGE in the stands (and in the End Zone!)

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic