Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
During our playoff run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,496

During our playoff run

Jan 12, 2021, 7:39 AM

We’ve been spectacular at WR and DE. Consistently putting out 1st rounders.

WR going into this year I speculated Ross, Ngata and Ladson would be the top producing receivers. They combined for probably less than 100 snaps. Kudos to Amari Rogers and Cornell Powell. Those seniors did what seniors should do. Unfortunately they still didn’t produce what I believe the position is capable of this year.
Note: how good is TL to finish second in the heisman without his top 3 WRs?

DE. Same story. Top 2 guys, one out all year and the other missed what 6-8 games and never played a whole game. We missed the pressure on the QB in our two losses big time. How much better would our DBs have looked if our DEs had produced consistent pressure on opposing QBs?

I know. Next man up. But ask yourself this...

How good is Bama without smith, metchie and Waddell this year. Take out their two top DEs and do they ##### slap OSU last night?

I’m interested to see who among our WRs and DEs returns this next season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: During our playoff run

Jan 12, 2021, 7:49 AM

No wonder I'm a DA(Dumb @$$) when it comes to college football.
I was thinking that there were a lot of other positions, like RB's,"0"-line, Linebackers, DB's ,and so on that made up a team. Now you have set me straight as to the two most important positions on a team.
And as to last night, Bama played a half with a gimpy Quarterback.

Jan 12, 2021, 8:43 AM

Oh my apologies DA. I didn’t realize I said those positions weren’t important. I thought I drew a parallel with our playoff success and 1st round consistency at those two positions.

Jan 12, 2021, 8:59 AM

I wouldn't go as far as to say we were without our top 3 receivers. Maybe 3 of our top 4, but Rodgers was going to be our clear #2 guy even with Ross, Ngata, and Ladson being healthy. Also, Bama did play most of the season without Waddle. Who knows how good their offense would've been without Smith and Metchie as well? I think not having Smith would've made them more human, but as great as Smith was, it's hard for me to say they go from winning the NC game by 28 points to not winning it at all.

Jan 12, 2021, 9:01 AM

Also, keep in mind that Waddle was considered Bama's #1 receiver before he got hurt this season. Them losing Waddle was basically equal to us losing Ross in terms of the depth chart. Smith was their #2 receiver which puts him as being equal to Rodgers in terms of depth chart. To be equal to us in terms of depth chart they would still have Smith, but would've lost their #3 and #4 receivers in addition to Waddle.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic