Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Duke Lacrosse 30 for 30
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Duke Lacrosse 30 for 30

Mar 30, 2016, 1:02 PM

I highly recommend those that haven't seen this film to watch it. I remember when all this was going on. It sickens me to know that the lawyer falsified that evidence to convict those players just to be elected DA. The girl even admitted to lying. That lawyer only had to serve 24 hrs in jail and the girl didn't serve any. Those three boys were facing 30 years if found guilty. Tell me how that's fair. To me those that falsely accused should have to serve the same amount of time that the boys would have to serve. Makes me sick.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the time, many including myself believed the accusations

Mar 30, 2016, 1:07 PM

true.

Funny how all the facts sometimes change everything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The worst part is that the Duke lacrosse players, who were

Mar 30, 2016, 1:11 PM

still (at best) total d-bags, somehow come out as the good guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The worst part is that the Duke lacrosse players, who were

Mar 30, 2016, 1:14 PM

The worst part is that the justice system almost threw away 3 people's lives because there was an axe to grind.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

^^^ thank you

Mar 30, 2016, 1:15 PM

for posting

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the crazy chick is now in jail for murder... those boys

Mar 30, 2016, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: The worst part is that the Duke lacrosse players, who were ]

lucky she didn't kill them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She actually committed murder a few years ago.

Mar 30, 2016, 9:21 PM

Supposedly her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend. She is obviously mentally ill. So sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sorry, I misread your post.***

Mar 30, 2016, 9:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 31, 2016, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The worst part is that the Duke lacrosse players, who were ]

The players sued the university and the city and settled both suits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

if by good guys you mean they were the wrongfully accused...

Mar 30, 2016, 1:21 PM [ in reply to The worst part is that the Duke lacrosse players, who were ]

then yes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2016, 1:22 PM [ in reply to The worst part is that the Duke lacrosse players, who were ]

WHAT????????????????? they were completely innocent from the start!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I see "giddy" posts about players on opposing teams ...

Mar 30, 2016, 2:43 PM

getting into trouble, I have to caution myself not to rush to judgement.

Really hard not to be biased against USC, FSU, Auburn, Louisville, UNC etc. --- jumping to conclusions that every internet rumor and any type of accusation is true. Reality is that the majority of player sat these schools are good guys.

I would like to think Clemson has a smaller percentage of bad guys than most.

Re: When I see "giddy" posts about players on opposing teams ...

Mar 30, 2016, 3:32 PM

The truth is we all essentially recruit the same kids. So it's impossible to really have a moral advantage over any other program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Keep telling yourself that....

Mar 30, 2016, 4:02 PM

Most of the kids Clemson recruits don't give programs like $CU the time of day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No, Dabo would never recruit a kid that

Mar 31, 2016, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: When I see "giddy" posts about players on opposing teams ... ]

came in with felonies, or trouble past, or even JUCO players. Coots will take anyone they think can win a football game with no regards to morality.

It's not against the law to be a d'bag.***

Mar 30, 2016, 2:35 PM [ in reply to The worst part is that the Duke lacrosse players, who were ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

if so, 'magine clemson32 wood be in the big house

Mar 30, 2016, 2:38 PM

after that comment.

Many visit d'bagdom on occasion, key is not to reside there.***

Mar 30, 2016, 2:46 PM

i've a masters in d-bag and then there's the lawyers...***

Mar 30, 2016, 3:09 PM

i've a JD in d-bag and I couldn't care less who I #### off***

Mar 30, 2016, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i've an 8th degree black belt in dooshbaggery & enjoy

Mar 30, 2016, 3:51 PM

the cries from the childrens of the common clay as they begin the ascent to the top of the south stands.

I thought the "D" in "JD" stood for d-bag?***

Mar 30, 2016, 6:11 PM [ in reply to i've a JD in d-bag and I couldn't care less who I #### off*** ]

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.***

Mar 31, 2016, 2:56 PM [ in reply to if so, 'magine clemson32 wood be in the big house ]

as it should be and most importantly...

Mar 31, 2016, 3:11 PM

even though tropical might have offered @GWPTiger® hope, the counselor is no threat to dsp's throne.

Re: At the time, many including myself believed the accusations

Mar 30, 2016, 4:09 PM [ in reply to At the time, many including myself believed the accusations ]

Oh I'm right there with you. When the media was pushing guilty down our throats I thought they did it too. This film put me in check. I can't be quick to judge.

60 minutes did a wonderful piece on Mike Pressler

Mar 30, 2016, 1:15 PM

in April of 2015, The Rush to Judgement - give it a watch.

And if interested, two books I'd recommend, It's Not About the Truth and Until Proven Innocent.

The situation is somewhat close to home, just sickening as to what took place.

that special was outstanding

Mar 30, 2016, 2:39 PM

60 Minutes remains, IMO, the best show on TV and has been for 48 years.

I gained a tremendous amount of respect for

Mar 30, 2016, 3:47 PM [ in reply to 60 minutes did a wonderful piece on Mike Pressler ]

Mike Pressler after the 60 minutes special. Along with the kids' parents, he was the only one who supported those kids from the start and never wavered, even when it cost him his job

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

ESPN was all over it as it fit their agenda

Mar 30, 2016, 1:19 PM

don't remember any apologies either.

ESPN always pulls that crap... they attack, attack....

Mar 30, 2016, 1:24 PM

then when the truth comes out they do a special and accuse everybody else of doing what they did.

Point for a great point.***

Mar 31, 2016, 10:09 AM [ in reply to ESPN was all over it as it fit their agenda ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was nice to see

Mar 30, 2016, 1:20 PM

Was that some of those Duke players now support the innocence project. Hopefully that documentary makes people understand that they only got their lives back because they had the money and clout to fight the system. The majority of persons in their situation do not.

the closer you inspect the "justice system" the more

Mar 30, 2016, 6:19 PM

Disheartened in it you will become. Sadly it is still the best system in the civilized world.

'Murica***

Mar 30, 2016, 8:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yes?***

Mar 31, 2016, 11:14 AM

It is fair because

Mar 31, 2016, 11:01 AM

white privilege!

CHECK YOURS!

***sarcasm***

Re: Duke Lacrosse 30 for 30

Mar 31, 2016, 11:06 AM

I think it's pretty clear that the boys still did it.

The facts just don't add up.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic