Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, I thought last years Spittoono was the final Spittoono
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

So, I thought last years Spittoono was the final Spittoono

Jul 13, 2018, 10:23 AM

But they're setting up in the field over there again for this year. Did something change? Or is this an 'updated' version in accordance to all of the other changes in Clemson. You know, white table cloths, craft beer stands manned by people with ridiculous mustaches, food trucks that have everything but normal food....that sort of thing.

Based on the recent trends in students and the general area, I expect this to be a semi formal event that we probably have to bring a gift to or some shid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, you've got to stop by the bark truck

Jul 13, 2018, 10:25 AM

They got tree bark covered in monkey puke on special.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yuck, I prefer to get my protein from crickets

Jul 13, 2018, 10:36 AM

Do you know how much environmental damage harvesting bark does anyway?? You leave the tree naked bro, what if I scraped off your Levi skinny jeans and left you exposed like that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look here hippy

Jul 13, 2018, 10:38 AM

If I want to eat tree bark covered in monkey puke and drink beer fermented using the jock straps from the local semi pro football team, that's what I'm gonna do cuz this is America.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look here hippy***

Jul 13, 2018, 10:43 AM

Spittoono is back this year, but August 23-25

Jul 13, 2018, 10:33 AM

Thursday, Aug 23rd
6:00 The Drovers Old Time Medicine Show
7:15 Jeremy Brewer
8:30 Kelly Jo w/ Phat Lip
9:45 Taylor McCall
11:15 The Jake Bartley Band

Friday, Aug 24th
6:00 JJ Woolbright & The Whiskey Road
7:15 LOZ
8:30 Seven Year Witch
9:45 The SoulFeathers
11:15 Adam Carter

Saturday, Aug 25th
4:00 Rush Morgan
5:00 Thermonuclear Rodeo
6:00 Conservation Theory
7:15 Trevor Hewitt Band
9:00 True Blues
10:45 The Piedmont Boys
12:30 The Wobblers

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes things have changed

between bands last year, one of the doods running it came out and said that he was stepping down and a new group was taking over. So the crowds and huge t-shirt and swag sales last year were probably due to the fact that people thought it was the final event evar.

So the new group is changing things up. This year is still free and I assume will still have cheap beer and the money goes to charity but I don't know. I think they will be changing the format and getting more regional bands in and possibly going to a pay for event. Bands that have been playing at Spitoono forever like The Deadly Crank Dogs are out.

Who knows what the future holds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

saw this...

Jul 13, 2018, 10:41 AM

Hello Spittoono faithful! This is your longtime emcee, Jeremiah Hurley (Yes, they asked me back to help out and I gladly accepted). As most of you already know, there are going to be quite a few minor changes this year. I am going to try to address one of these changes now.

Band schedule: This is a sore subject every time we try to do something a little different. You may have noticed that some of the bands that have played what seems like every Spittoono since the inception, ie The Deadly Crank Dogs, Stone Echo, Doug McCormick..., are not making an appearance this year. The reason behind this has nothing at all to do with any type of disrespect. I have nothing but the upmost respect for all of these performers and am personal friends with most of them. What our intention is in making this decision is to not only open the door for some new artists, but to also bring back some Spittoono favorites from the past like True Blues, The Drovers and LOZ. Ultimately, we would like to have our “staple” groups play every other year to keep some sort of variety while also paying homage to our past. I have been helping with Spittoono in some sort or fashion since I was 12 years old ( this is #26 for me) and I have seen the schedule change many times. Most of the time, bands were just forgotten about and I am trying to make sure that doesn’t happen while still keeping Spittoono “fresh”.

Something new that we are trying is that there will be a second “acoustic type” stage set up beside the beer tent. We are doing this to try to give some of our new or lesser known performers a chance to play for you as well. This will hopefully host two solo or small set groups a night and will play in between the main stage sets.

Due to a miscommunication error, the original schedule that was posted for this year was overbooked by a few bands. Please stay tuned for the updated bands and times.

As in life, there is always change. I hope that all of you continue to support our charities and our local music scene with us this year at Spittoono! Please remember that all of our bands and all of our staff put on this free music festival for the community without any compensation. So please come party with us and let us entertain y’all!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Well, as long as he has the upmost respect for the previous

Jul 13, 2018, 10:56 AM

bands, I have no issues with this. I thought maybe he was taking them for granite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They really do need some new music that will help draw in

Jul 13, 2018, 11:01 AM

the younger crowd. I might try to see if I can get some time on that acoustic stage with my Bopit and air horn, we'll get some EDM going up in this bisch.

They'll be a massive condo tent in the middle

*Sponsored by Tom Wynkoop

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That field will be 'luxury' student housing within 5 years

Jul 13, 2018, 10:37 AM

Mark it down.

It saddens me that our great university is not keeping up

Jul 13, 2018, 11:32 AM

with current trends by completely avoiding the creation of a filthy student shantytown where chickens and stray dogs run free.

That's what Cedarwood used to be

Jul 13, 2018, 11:34 AM

I'd imagine they're upping their game with that new complex going in. How will Cedarwood residents be able to escape police now that the cut through from Tiger Town Village is gone?

Cedarwood is starting to get bought up and remodeled into

Jul 13, 2018, 12:00 PM

game day condos. I think I missed the window for another rental property there. Check this out:

https://www.wesellkeowee.com/property-details/20204422/cedarwood/150-ligon-1602-street-clemson-sc-29631/

$100,000 for Cedarwood? HOLY MOTHER OF MOTHRA.

But it has granite like countertops!***

Jul 13, 2018, 12:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic