Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Enough junk food talk, how about real culinary delights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 803

Enough junk food talk, how about real culinary delights

Dec 15, 2020, 11:49 AM

Some of life's greatest pleasures:

- The first bite of a well-marbled, perfectly cooked and crusted medium rare ribeye, followed shortly thereafter by a full-bodied Napa cab that's been decanted and served at 63 degrees F

- Lowcountry oyster clusters, steamed just enough to where they can be opened with a little knife work, on top of a saltine with a dash of hot sauce

- The butter, white wine, garlic broth at the bottom of a bowl of mussels, soaked up with a big chunk of crusty bread

- When you get out of the truck in the Jervey lot before a night game, that first sip out of a Busch Light can that's been sitting in the bottom of the cooler for the whole ride

- Iberico ham, an aged goats milk cheese, raw honey, and marcona almonds, all on a little slice of warm baguette

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sausage balls on Christmas morning.

Dec 15, 2020, 11:50 AM

Nothing better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sausage balls on Christmas morning.

Dec 15, 2020, 11:50 AM

Those ones with bisquick and a shitpot of cheddar cheese?

Is there some other kind of sausage ball?***

Dec 15, 2020, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, that takes APM back to childhood fo' sho'.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Sausage balls on Christmas morning. ]

Momma PAW usedto make these sausage balls that had a lot of cheddar cheese in them and got all crunchy with the baked cheese. TOTAL fat pills but we had them at Christmas.

That and rum balls, chocolate coconut balls, and fruitcake. Only had these at Christmas.

Thanks for the memories.

Of course we ate butterbeans with them, but...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should have grown some limas in the Summer and put some up

Dec 15, 2020, 3:30 PM

:)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### son***

Dec 15, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Sausage balls on Christmas morning. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I hear ya

Dec 15, 2020, 11:53 AM

2 QT egg rolls dipped into soy sauce and sambal

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Enough junk food talk, how about real culinary delights

Dec 15, 2020, 11:56 AM

I made some seared tuna the other day which I liked.

High quality tuna, seared, small black sesame seeds on outside.

Sauce consists of..

Low sodium soy sauce
Grated ginger
Minced garlic
Jalapeno peppers diced
a bunch fresh squeezed lime.

Simple and good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chili made with hunks of the bacon I made myself

Dec 15, 2020, 12:01 PM

back at Thanksgiving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sipping 140 degree tequila, warmed up in your trunk

Dec 15, 2020, 12:05 PM

all day long in the mid-July heat, while burning #### in Tharealdonjuan's back yard

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sipping 140 degree tequila, warmed up in your trunk

Dec 15, 2020, 12:07 PM

Mmmmm, I can feel the warm spits welling up from the back of the tongue now

Bay area Cioppino, I usually go to Scoma's in Sausalito...

Dec 15, 2020, 12:06 PM

sort of an Italian seafood gumbo. Rich tomato marinara type soup with a hodgepodge of crab, mussels, clams, prawns, etc, with several different types of fish depending on the season and what's fresh. A couple big slabs of sourdough bread, a local Napa wine...

https://sf.eater.com/2015/1/30/7937157/scomas-cioppino-recipe-history-lazy-mans-photo#0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: Bay area Cioppino, I usually go to Scoma's in Sausalito...

Dec 15, 2020, 12:08 PM

So nice. The broth is so key, and so many get it wrong.

last time I was out there a couple years ago

Dec 15, 2020, 12:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: last time I was out there a couple years ago

Dec 15, 2020, 12:31 PM

Man. That's living right there. I can't wait to travel again.

I had a $50-something cioppino at a joint by the Wharf

Dec 15, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Bay area Cioppino, I usually go to Scoma's in Sausalito... ]

the weekend of the natty game, and it was just OK. Honestly, the $5 frozen cioppino in a bag at Trader Joe's is probably better. Get it if you've never had it. I grab 2-3 when I hit TJs once every couple months.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonna try that next time I'm at TJs.

Dec 15, 2020, 1:41 PM

If it's not good...

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had a $50-something cioppino at a joint by the Wharf

Dec 15, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to I had a $50-something cioppino at a joint by the Wharf ]

I hear ya. Don't get sucked into the Peter Luger hype either, these are just as good.

edit: All joking aside 19B, I can see where a meal at the Wharf could be underwhelming for the price. All of those places were no doubt great back in the day, and became legendary... but have changed hands several times in the last 50 years, and the Wharf is now just a huge tourist trap. No local would eat there. In fact, it was locals that recommended Scoma's back when I was going out there regularly 20-30 years ago. And specifically the one in Sausalito, not the Wharf...

Message was edited by: dark side of the moo®

Yep, and funny enough, we were driving back from Sonoma

Dec 15, 2020, 10:21 PM

and deciding where to eat, and one of the guys suggested Sausalito (no particular place), and my dad insisted we go back to the place he ate the night before. Meh.

Straight, 100% Pure, USDA Grade A Hipster right there.***

Dec 15, 2020, 6:02 PM [ in reply to I had a $50-something cioppino at a joint by the Wharf ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never had good cioppino anywhere in the Carolinas.

Dec 15, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Bay area Cioppino, I usually go to Scoma's in Sausalito... ]

Good cioppino is heavenly.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rich people are skinny, this is why.***

Dec 15, 2020, 12:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your list is so gooooddd butt

Dec 15, 2020, 12:33 PM

for this:

that first sip out of a Busch Light can that's been sitting in the bottom of the cooler for the whole ride

It's like some uncultured swine edited your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Re: Your list is so gooooddd butt

Dec 15, 2020, 12:37 PM

What can I say, I'm a man of the people. Blue Delicious at a tailgate or on the beach just hits different.

Oh yeah, a well done filet mignon steak smothered in

Dec 15, 2020, 12:33 PM

Heinz Ketchup with a side of krinkle fries.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh yeah, a well done filet mignon steak smothered in

Dec 15, 2020, 12:53 PM

Well done? You mean med. rare I hope. to get it well done they would be calling the fire department.

Not sure it’s a culinary delight…

Dec 15, 2020, 12:42 PM

But I made it last night and it was delicious.

Quartered 2 pounds of red skin potatoes and cut four large carrots and eight stalks of celery into 2 inch pieces. Tossed with olive oil kosher salt and cracked pepper and baked at 450 on the top rack for 20 minutes. Coated five skin on bone in chicken breasts with Montreal chicken seasoning (substitute seasoning of your choice) and added liberal kosher salt and cracked pepper. Put chicken breasts on top of vegetables cooked for an additional 30 minutes at 450 until chicken reached internal temp of 160.

Removed from oven and tossed vegetables in lemon juice and chopped parsley then cut chicken breast into slices off of bone and plated along with a Caesar salad. For an incredibly simple recipe it was probably some of the best chicken I’ve ever had. The carrots were exceptional as well although the potatoes didn't soak up as much flavor as I’d hoped. Would do again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something that is awesome that shouldn't be:

Dec 15, 2020, 12:49 PM

Kraft Shells & Cheese with a can of Hormel Chili No Beans stirred in.

It's 3am Waffle House good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Toss you some Rotel in your next box.

Dec 15, 2020, 1:04 PM

That is some good eatin'

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 12:56 PM

I cannot believe no one has said the Russ Cassell's maters. taters, grits and yams redeye gravy chitlins and ham.

I see somebody has been to Magnolia's***

Dec 15, 2020, 12:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: I see somebody has been to Magnolia's***

Dec 15, 2020, 12:59 PM

Of course I have, but please, it's far too touristy for me. The lifestyle of cuntiness isn't just about culinary snobbery, but elitism and exclusivity in equal measures.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:59 PM

All kidding aside grilled scallops, shrimp and lobster tails.

Dec 15, 2020, 1:04 PM

For the backcountry folk, fried cube steak, rice and milk gravy and green beans cooked in fatback for a day or so.

All good except for the Busch Light part! ******

Dec 15, 2020, 1:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you wait until you get out of the truck to drink a beer?

Dec 15, 2020, 1:15 PM

I know..someone is always watching.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you wait until you get out of the truck to drink a beer?

Dec 15, 2020, 10:37 PM

Big brother is always watching.

agree on those

Dec 15, 2020, 1:50 PM

only substituions would be a malbec for a cab, and a miller lite for the bush.

add these to the list:

- fresh sushi

- wouldn't call it a "culinary delight"...but kiss my ### if over easy eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns with cheese from Waffle House don't hit the ####### spot the morning after a big night of drinking.

- home made steak and eggs (not leftover steak) is probably my favorite meal, just rarely do it

- tasting the first bite after a long smoke (brisket, butt, etc) and you know you hit the spot

- food truck pizza after tripping balls for hours to bring you back

- perfectly done sub: toasted bread w/ meat and cheese on it, right sauces, veggies done right...always hits the spot for me too

Replies: 38
| visibility 803
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic