Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many Clemson games has heydt reffed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 51

How many Clemson games has heydt reffed

Feb 20, 2020, 10:47 PM

Since Pitt in 2016. I don’t remember one. I remember he reffed the Georgia tech Clemson game earlier that same year in Atlanta and reading something about how the Clemson coaching staff was unhappy with some calls in that game as well

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many Clemson games has heydt reffed

Feb 20, 2020, 11:23 PM

The jerk should never allowed to officiate another game again, not just Clemson, any game , anyplace, anytime.

Glad only loser tOSU fans cry about the refs

Feb 20, 2020, 11:30 PM

You guys need to get over it. We won the national championship that year for pete's sake

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad only loser tOSU fans cry about the refs

Feb 21, 2020, 12:35 AM

I don’t have to do anything. He cheated us out of a 15-0 season. The uncessary rougness call on boulware. Many pass interference calls which were awful. If you you rewatch that game Pitt kept drives alive in the second half with penalties on third down

Feb 21, 2020, 5:53 AM

I think they converted 9 third downs that game. 5 of the 9 were by penalty.The late holding call on the pass play was terrible. ON replay, there was a yard and a half space between the defender and the receiver. I understand refs not calling something they say they did not see, but to CALL SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO SEE is something else....

Flags were thrown 10 seconds after the play was over.***

Feb 28, 2020, 8:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

..........becuase it took them a while to think up what

Feb 28, 2020, 8:31 AM

they did not see...

I agree with Dave on this. It was not a well called game,

Feb 21, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Glad only loser tOSU fans cry about the refs ]

but it is over and done with. We won it all that year. 15-0 would have been great but either way, the season ended the same, Clemson on top.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Glad only loser tOSU fans cry about the refs ]

Heydt didn't throw three picks, including two in the end zone.

I'll admit the crew didn't throw a single hold on Pitt when that's all they did (which led to Conner running over us), but don't question a referee's integrity.

I'm a HS football and lacrosse official, and should I be lucky enough to make it to the NCAA, it'd be expected of me to officiate a game featuring South Carolina with neutrality and integrity. And I'd do my best to do so.

If you think it's so bad, become an official yourself. Run the 5-7 miles per game, study every single rule, pass every exam, and attend every rules meeting. Then see for yourself how difficult officiating is.

There's an officiating age crisis occurring right now as we speak. Watch a football game at any level - the median age of the officials is likely 55. They don't have enough at the HS level for various reasons (namely pay and political reasons), and that's gonna present itself at the college level sooner rather than later. It's a physically and mentally demanding task and a lot that have zero idea as to how much work officiating is, make idiotic comments like that. Come on, this is something the South Carolina fans said about the ref in our 2016 Louisville game (supposedly the White Hat's daughter was a Clemson student). Let's be better than that.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!***

Feb 28, 2020, 12:47 PM

They protected that Conner kid all night long.***

Feb 28, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Glad only loser tOSU fans cry about the refs ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

To be fair

Feb 21, 2020, 6:50 AM [ in reply to Glad only loser tOSU fans cry about the refs ]

Fans will complain about refs in just about every game. However, 2016 Pitt game was by far worst and most one sided game I can ever remember that Clemson was part of. Made Ron Cherry seem like he knew what he was doing.

Duane Heydt is a not your ordinary bad ref

Feb 21, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Glad only loser tOSU fans cry about the refs ]

I live near Columbia. He came back home after that game and bragged to his gamecock buddies about the calls he made that cost us the game.

Naturally there was no proof and you can fire someone on a rumor but I'm reasonably sure it happened. He should not be calling games anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you teach your kids to lie like you do?***

Feb 26, 2020, 10:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only remember 2, and they were doozies....***

Feb 21, 2020, 5:50 AM

2 minnie***

Feb 26, 2020, 10:45 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy

Feb 21, 2020, 10:15 AM

TOO many!

Re: How many Clemson games has heydt reffed

Feb 28, 2020, 10:59 AM

None....the ACC banned him from reffing any Clemson games after they investigated it, starting with the ACC Championship that year.
https://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/11/24/did-acc-remove-official-from-acc-championship-game/

Replies: 17
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic