Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that Maryland is no longer with the ACC ***
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Now that Maryland is no longer with the ACC ***

Oct 14, 2020, 11:47 AM

Which fan base do you personally find the most annoying in our conference? I have to go with Ga Tech. Nerdy as hell and bereft of social skills. UNC would be next based on their snobbery and reverence for never cheating which has always been a joke. Maryland was in a class all by themselves. Glad they're gone!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia Tech fans are nothing compared to the

Oct 14, 2020, 11:51 AM

cootish like nature of NC State fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Georgia Tech fans are nothing compared to the

Oct 14, 2020, 11:54 AM

NC State for sure. Fans as much like the coots as no other.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia Tech fans are nothing compared to the

Oct 14, 2020, 10:07 PM

I lived worked in the RDU area for 10 years. The NC State fans I worked with were good but their fan base as a whole were thugish.

Probably State***

Oct 14, 2020, 11:51 AM

Re: Probably State***

Oct 14, 2020, 12:05 PM

Well, I guess if we were 1-15 against a team since 2004, we'd probably be a little salty too as a fan base? I'm gonna cut the lobos a bit of slack due to such suckage.

Oct 14, 2020, 12:10 PM

You are possibly being too kind.

Prior to the "suckage" State students were proudly famous or infamous, depending on how you look at it, for intentionally peeing on themselves to keep from losing their desired seat during games.

A student section full of pee and an entire fan base full of pi$$ poor attittudes associated with an inferiority complex to all other schools in their own state.

Very cootish indeed......

Oct 15, 2020, 8:48 AM

LOL!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

In my experience...

Oct 14, 2020, 12:07 PM

that would be Nancy State.

NC State is the uof6c of the ACC (perennial doormat with an trashy, ignorant, mouthy and deluded fan base).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

ncst. fans***

Oct 14, 2020, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nancy Tate, for the dubious win.***

Oct 14, 2020, 10:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nan Cee State by a mile.

Oct 14, 2020, 12:13 PM

Nancy State has by far and away my vote. I don't get the arrogance. Their HC reeks of it as well!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tar Heels. Completely unearned arrogance.***

Oct 14, 2020, 12:14 PM

null

Re: Tar Heels. Completely unearned arrogance.***

Oct 14, 2020, 12:22 PM

Swarley said:

Swarley - see because they don't have to actually go to class - their fans/alums don't know the difference between a football and a basketball! They have had some recent success on the court - but their fanbase "don't know any better" [ bless they heart]!

Oct 14, 2020, 12:39 PM

In order, I’d go

#1 Our-ami - dangerous trash
#2 NC state - loudmouthed trash for no apparent reason
#3 FSU - loudmouthed based on aging history

For arrogance, UNCheat is all by themselves. A Mount Everest of arrogance surrounded by ant hills.

Oct 15, 2020, 11:01 AM

I have to say, I am truly enjoying the current state of suck at FSU. They deserve a long period of poor play and mediocrity a la Michigan, Tennessee, Nebraska, etc. It's been long overdue for the Criminoles to have their comeuppance.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now that Maryland is no longer with the ACC ***

Oct 14, 2020, 12:51 PM

As someone from Texas, I get the impression from this thread a lot of folks here don't like North Carolinians.

Just an observation.

Oct 14, 2020, 12:59 PM

Maybe it's just the schools in the more eastern portion of the Carolina's- UoSC and NCSU fans. Always heard East Carolina fans are pretty bad too. Can't imagine what a game between NCSU and ECU is like.

Oct 14, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Now that Maryland is no longer with the ACC *** ]

No it’s not North Carolinians it’s NCS & tarhole fans. Wake, Duke, Elon, Charlotte, NC a&T or App State are all good fans.

As many Clemson fans in WinstonSalem/Clemmons/Greensboro/ High Point as anything else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 14, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Now that Maryland is no longer with the ACC *** ]

I have no problem with Wake fans, all three of them are really good guys.

Oct 14, 2020, 6:45 PM

tigerphils said:

I have no problem with Wake fans, all three of them are really good guys.

I like what you did there. Funny!

https://images.app.goo.gl/cuHimxg2Zr9eDfW89

Re: Wake fans, all three of them are really good guys

Oct 14, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Now that Maryland is no longer with the ACC *** ]

Thanks, I'm related to two of the three.;)

Oct 14, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Now that Maryland is no longer with the ACC *** ]

I play golf with a former WF QB. Very nice guy. He even gave me his tickets two years ago when we won so big. He was a good sport about it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State, and it isn't even close.

Oct 14, 2020, 12:59 PM

Careful complaining about Tech fans. There are a lot of similarities between our two schools!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: NC State, and it isn't even close.

Oct 14, 2020, 1:26 PM

I live in NC, North Carolina State are the worst by far then Notre Dame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: NC State, and it isn't even close.

Oct 14, 2020, 5:48 PM [ in reply to NC State, and it isn't even close. ]

Please explain.

You need an explanation as to why NC State fans are the most annoying in the ACC?

Oct 14, 2020, 11:10 PM

Go to a game at NCSU. Sit in the visitor’s section. Heck, sit in the NC State section. You’ll leave without any doubt that they are awful.

They are basically the North Carolina version of the Gamecocks. Stupid, redneck, and largely irrelevant when it comes to football (and most every other sport).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You need an explanation as to why NC State fans are the most annoying in the ACC?

Oct 15, 2020, 11:08 AM

Can confirm. Visited the dump that is Carter-Finley on Halloween in 2015. This was actually a decent game on the field (Jacoby Brissett slipped through every sack that Lawson and Dodd nearly had), and was close going into the half. The students all left at halftime and maybe a third returned, supposedly to go party at Chapel Hill or ECU for Halloween.

During the 1st quarter, my dad was standing up and clapping for Clemson when they had a good play. An adolescent NCSU fan turned around and gave my dad the bird. My dad yelled down "Hey, show some class!" This kid's presumably redneck mother turned around and started babbling in unintelligible drawl something to the effect of, "Y'all wanna talk to us about Class?"

######## all around. And their concessions workers just stared at me when I paid for my popcorn and soda with the stamped $2 bills. They didn't believe me that it was a Clemson tradition to bring those to away games to show how well we contribute to a game's economic success.

All around a trashy fan base. But given the dynamics of education in NC, it's not shocking. The super intelligent kids from the state go to schools like Duke, UNC, Davidson, or Wake. The ones that wanna have fun and party go to ECU or App. There's commuter schools like Charlotte, UNC-G, and all, and then there's NC State left. I've rarely ever met anyone that had NC State as their first choice, as most above average intelligence/STEM students in high school would go somewhere like Duke, Stanford, Berkeley, Michigan, MIT, etc. before NC State. Hell, even Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech are better overall programs than NC State.

Some (real) Carolina fans always told me that NC State was little more than "Bricks, D*cks, and Hicks."

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm? Not much at all really.***

Oct 15, 2020, 12:43 AM [ in reply to NC State, and it isn't even close. ]

I'll say all I dang well please about Tech trash.

Oct 15, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to NC State, and it isn't even close. ]

I've been to games at both places and I'll stand by Georgia Tech being the fouler smelling garbage until the day I die. NC State's in the bottom half for me but I really don't get why people think they're the worst.

And you comparing Clemson to those degenerates is pretty insulting to us. They have a lot of academic accolades, but those eggheads turn into monsters on Saturdays, and that's all we're talking about here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2020, 1:01 PM

People are picking UNC and State because of proximity and longevity.

NC State fans are generally ignorant scum, but then you have the hypocrisy at UNC and their fair weather fans that only follow basketball except on the few occasions the football team is good.

I'd have to go with UNC fans because hypocrisy is worse than being scum.

and I know if it ever turns out the Clemson football team is cheating it's going to make us look really bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2020, 1:24 PM

Don’t forget the Louisville fans especially when they had Lamar!

Let’s Go Tigers!

Yeah I thought it hardly skipped a beat when UL filled

Oct 14, 2020, 11:49 PM

Maryland's void.

NC State in a landslide otherwise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT for me***

Oct 14, 2020, 1:25 PM

Oct 14, 2020, 1:34 PM

UNC for me.

Oct 14, 2020, 2:22 PM

NC State

Everyone else tied for 2nd

Other than the Wuffies, I've generally found every other fan base to be welcoming and friendly when I visit their stadium. For example, I've been to every UNC game at Clemson since the early 1980s and have always had the best of experiences - even the rare times we've won the game.

Just don't be a drunken ###.

Oct 14, 2020, 3:00 PM

Louisville is close: Kinda what you expect if you hit a State fan in the head with a brick and caused permanent damage.

Still, I would only wish the worst for UNC and their fanbase.... which would be walking through a cluster of state fans after being caught cheating and then losing.

Nancy's Tate, based on current coaching. Fanbase

Oct 14, 2020, 4:53 PM

usually follows the coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State by several light-years, earthly units like miles doesn't even

Oct 14, 2020, 7:35 PM

come close. Ga Tech is kinda cool, the nerds don't bother me. I only applied to 3 schools - Ga Tech, Furman & Clemson. All the Ga Tech grads I've ever known were cool, and very smart. And as a football program, they have to live under the Jawjuh Evil Empire, they have no chance. I like Ga Tech.

Maryland never bothered me much either. I loved that they were a major pain-in-the-azz to the Tobacco Road schools in basketball back in the day. Lefty Driesell was great. Road trips to Cole Field House were brutal... but that's how it's supposed to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

MAryland

Oct 14, 2020, 7:42 PM

left.. so NC state for sure.. wide margin.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dook

Oct 14, 2020, 9:44 PM

I could explain why but why should I?

Oct 14, 2020, 10:00 PM

Well, I was born and raised just outside of Greensboro. Lived here all my life. Jumped on the CU bandwagon in '81. Never cared much for the big round Orange ball. I didn't go to college, I went to work. My dad though, went to a small school that was a division of NCSU. So he taught us to hate UNC and though he never showed it to us, he swore that somewhere in the Bible it says Dean Smith was the Anti-Christ!!

What I've learned after attending games in the past few years is this: At a game the UNC fans I've seen and talked to are actually decent, NCSU fans NOT!! However, away from games, everyday, on the street, UNC fans for the most part are the most obnoxious people you'll ever meet. While NCSU fans are, for the most part, down to earth good country folks.

At the NCSU basketball game in Raleigh last year, shortly after the Natty, the students were chanting L-S-U, L-S-U, L-S-U. A few started it again in the parking lot when they saw our Orange attire. So I mouthed some numbers and flashed my fingers to match the numbers. 55-10!! It confused most of them, but one of them got it. He laughed and gave me a thumbs up, I assume saying, "You got us." I love stupid people!

Never been to a game up there but I here VT is a nasty place to go as a visitor.

Oct 14, 2020, 10:18 PM

No matter who you pick, Ooglies still create a negative pressure differential.

I am from North Carolina, NC State and it is not even close

Oct 14, 2020, 10:41 PM

Oct 14, 2020, 11:15 PM

NJ State hands down.

Oct 15, 2020, 12:36 AM

I can't believe this thread has gone this long and no-one has said Miami.

They are a special class of loser.

Oct 15, 2020, 9:06 AM

Doing ding! We have winner. The reason most of our folks dont know this however is it's been so long since Miami was "Da U" that our fans have not really had to experience it first hand at road games. I have some friends who are U SuC alums, good people, both Doctors, just pull for the wrong school. Meh, I forgive. Anyway, during the Sterling Sharpe, lil Todd years they went to Miami for a game. Said the people were the most Vulgar they had ever heard. One fan threw a cup of warm yellow substance that was not beer on a SC fan. Annnd of course Canes win. All in all a terrible experience and they said they would never go again. If you see their message board "Eye of the storm" or whatever its called some are good, but some..it is like you crossed Manifold from FGF with a Charles Manson bride and they produced a Canes Fan. Not kidding.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC arrogant ignorant fans***

Oct 15, 2020, 3:14 AM

NC State - not close. All arses like their coach!

Oct 15, 2020, 7:54 AM

As

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

. . . . the ACC is a MUCH better place.***

Oct 15, 2020, 8:46 AM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I agree with you 100% on GT fans.

Oct 15, 2020, 8:59 AM

When I was in the band, I straight up hated going to Atlanta more than Columbia. Significantly more. I'll liken their student section to feces-throwing monkeys, and I make that statement independent of the fact that they booed us when we performed there. Who the h*** boos a freaking marching band?

I respect everyone else's opinions, but they're wrong. Georgia Tech students and fans are the filth of our conference.

Flip side on a positive note, my favorite fanbase is Virginia Tech. Very classy people, very nice, received us well both when I've been there in and out of uniform. They also have a GREAT fish taco place. BC fans get honorable mention; I think they were just happy someone actually traveled all the way up there. I don't have an opinion on Syracuse or Pitt fans yet, having never been there. COVID cancelled my trip to South Bend but I interacted with plenty of ND snobs in Dallas. They're not a-holes or belligerent like GT or coots, just really, really, REALLY snooty and annoying.

Oct 15, 2020, 9:34 AM

My favorite part of this thread is the fact that NO ONE argued that Fairyland was tops on the list until they left.

Oh and ill go with nc st with va tech a close second. Visitors section right next to the students? Come on man. Hopefully they have changed the seating arrangements

Maryland was NEVER as bad as GT.

Oct 15, 2020, 9:42 AM

But they were definitely bad.

Oct 15, 2020, 9:59 AM

BTW does anyone know if the turtles ever were accessed the monetary penalty for leaving the conference, if so did they ever pay? Just curious.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic