Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look no further than Mike Leach’s response to what happened, and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Look no further than Mike Leach’s response to what happened, and

Dec 31, 2020, 4:14 PM

there’s your answer as to how it happened in the first place.

“You know there was something before the game too, we’ve never had any problem with that the entire season so, you know I can only guess without seeing the film but I know that prior to this game we’ve never had any trouble with that,” Leach said.

Leach was then asked what his message was to the team would be in the locker room following the post-game fight.

“Don’t do it anymore,” Leach said. “I mean, yeah, well, it’s just dumb you know”

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.

Dec 31, 2020, 4:17 PM

Not sure I would want my son playing for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look no further than Mike Leach’s response to what happened, and

Dec 31, 2020, 4:19 PM

Yes he did come across as having an attitude of no big deal in my opinion.

Pirates gonna pirate...***

Dec 31, 2020, 4:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basically he said, “Uhh, I really didn’t see what happened

Dec 31, 2020, 4:26 PM

or what caused it to happen . . . but we haven’t had an issue with that kind of behavior all year” . . .

“Swing Your Sword” Leach, inferring that Tulsa would be the only team that could possibly be at fault.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 4:28 PM

I usually get a big kick from Leach's interviews but his response during the postgame on field interview was certainly a poor representation for Miss St. Almost like, we come to play football, where they hit each other, so what's the big deal. When asked what he'll say to his team, his answer "Don't do it again". Strong disciplinarian there.

Dec 31, 2020, 5:00 PM

Dont take your helmet off and the punches wont hurt. It would be another thing if these guys were not wearing full protective gear. What I am seeing is no more violent than what happens between the whistles. certainly it is uncalled for and ugly, but they are more likely to tire themselves out before anyone gets seriously injured, again, assuming none of them were dumb enough to take their helmets off in a brawl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Don’t do it anymore,” Leach said. “I mean, yeah, well, it’s just dumb you know."

Dec 31, 2020, 5:11 PM

Sounds to me like he made a very well thought out statement.

Not sure why people are shocked fights break out at football games. He ll baseball has morehts than any sport not named Hockey. Yet fans don't get upset at baseball coaches.

In other words. I still like Mike.

Re: “Don’t do it anymore,” Leach said. “I mean, yeah, well, it’s just dumb you know.

Dec 31, 2020, 5:28 PM

Agreed that fights happen in football and there wasn’t a great chance anyone would be hurt.

Problem as I see it, is that the players involved in this disgraced themselves and their university. They were guests of a pretty cool and revered bowl even though they had a 3-7 record. By the way, the payout for the Armed Forces Bowl was $1.35MM.

All anyone will remember about this game will be the fight. Leach not only missed an opportunity postgame at owning it to a degree and setting a tone, he didn’t even show the slightest hint of embarrassment. He also didn’t pass up the opportunity to imply that the other team was responsible for the whole thing.

Classy stuff. It’s one way to build a culture.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Don’t do it anymore,” Leach said. “I mean, yeah, well, it’s just dumb you know.

Dec 31, 2020, 5:38 PM

Did you guys not see the coaches, equipment managers, trainers, and refs in the middle of that mess? There was plenty of opportunity to get seriously injured. Mike Leach is a quirky and fun guy to interview, but I see don’t parents of players feeling good about how he runs his pirate tall ship.

Don't you know it is the SEC? It just means more, and they

Dec 31, 2020, 5:48 PM

WON THE GAME! Those maroons will be quite happy and pleased with themselves. It'll probably be the showcase game as an Instant Classic on SEC Network.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Clemson and uofsc participated in a huge brawl ...

Dec 31, 2020, 5:44 PM

Is this the pot calling the kettle black? I know Clemson is better than that (and Lou Holtz's SC started the brawl), but the last big brawl I can remember was Clemson-SC which meant at the time and still means nothing to me. I guess that makes me a bad person. OK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As brawls go, 2004 was just a skirmish compared to that crap

Dec 31, 2020, 5:50 PM

that went on today. It just kept going and going.

Re: As Clemson and uofsc participated in a huge brawl ...

Dec 31, 2020, 5:51 PM [ in reply to As Clemson and uofsc participated in a huge brawl ... ]

Both Clemson and the Coots were bowl eligible that year. Both teams punished themselves with a self imposed bowl ban after it happened.

Let’s see how one-eyed Willie Leach and MissSt handle it from here.

Re: As Clemson and uofsc participated in a huge brawl ...

Dec 31, 2020, 5:56 PM [ in reply to As Clemson and uofsc participated in a huge brawl ... ]

Both teams were punished by not going to a bowl. We made a mistake and paid a high price.

How do you think MissSt and Tulsa will be punished? They wont be. Their players are bragging on social media now...

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic