Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't hammer me for this just a question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Don't hammer me for this just a question.

Oct 24, 2019, 7:44 PM

There are 2 games that concern me first one is Wake Forest I watched them play and they really seemed to be getting it together. Very speedy players then they just unraveled. You see any areas of concern?
The other is our last regular season I'm eating so I don't even wanna say the name. I know Georgia self exploded and wasn't there regular play calling and didn't play well the next game. Well here comes FL didn't expect that and now I'm hearing about officiating can't comment about it because I didn't watch. Just curious on this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't hammer me for this just a question.

Oct 24, 2019, 7:50 PM

No concerns with the Tigers schedule. Your post heading however.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake not as much for me but always beware of a hated Rival..

Oct 24, 2019, 7:51 PM

especially since they went to loud 92,000 Fan stadium, away in Athens & got a win over undefeated 3rd ranked team in Ga.

Saying.. at pumped up WillieB, a few decisive errors by Tiger O, a strong Coot running game with an ex-Tiger proving his worth and all bets are lowered for an undefeated season.

I know, been there & seen it 1st hand for 62 years!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wake not as much for me but always beware of a hated Rival..

Oct 25, 2019, 9:08 AM

I looked up some numbers on Clemson's record in WillieB over the last 62 years. The Tigers are 21-12 in those 33 games during that time frame. Clemson has only lost 1 time (1987) when they've come in to Columbia with a better record by at least 2 games. If Clemson goes to Columbia with the better team, it's almost a guaranteed win! I don't see any reason not to expect the same this year.

Dabo and Clemson will have two weeks to prepare for SC.

Oct 24, 2019, 7:54 PM

This is really bad news if you’re a chicken fan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 8:06 PM

Neither worry me. If we lose to either, we don't deserve a playoff spot.

Only game I'm worrird about is......

Oct 24, 2019, 8:33 PM

Boston College!
One game @ a Time!
GO TIGERS!!

Re: Only game I'm worrird about is......

Oct 24, 2019, 8:48 PM

Bless you for the correct answer! We tend to get ahead of ourselves.

Oct 24, 2019, 8:47 PM

I never presume the opponent to be bad. I always presume that even in the "weak ACC"
(which will finish the year with more bowl eligible teams than any other conference) they can beat you if they play their very best. It's up to you (us) to prevent them from playing their very best. We will.

I watched the YouTube replay of Wake v. Lou'vll. Yes, scoring 59 and running 100+ plays was impressive. The conditioning of their frontline skill guys was, too. The production Clawson always gets from his backup QB is, too. But no, I'm not worried. As impressive as Wake was, Louisville beat them, and did you see how little free space the Cardinal skill guys found vs. our D? Almost none.

Louisville's only success came from rushing the ball in passing situations against our backups. When you're down 35 and running the ball, you've surrendered; because the clock keeps running even if you average 7 ypc.
Both of Wake's QBs will be traumatized if they carry against us like they did against the Cards. BV usually wants our contain guy to take the RB on the read option because it wears down the QB to keep and he is usually easier to stop than the RB. Wake uses a weird 'walk up' style read option that might get them killed when we blitz into it.
They are usually more disciplined than they showed: a couple TOs, a few penalties, and their lack of speed burned them 3x in the kicking game on long returns. Ngata will break a long one if they kick to him more than twice.

I know their D will make us earn our big plays more than they did last year. But we are both too physical and too fast for them to hold us down.

I fear that the Deacs could come into the Valley 9-1 and ranked #17...and get beat so bad they lose their ranking.

We don't want that.

Will that be Senior Day? Maybe Rencher can play the whole second half, and keep the score down just a little.

Oct 25, 2019, 9:37 AM

Why the snide remark on an otherwise good analysis?

Oct 25, 2019, 9:20 PM

Sorry it came off as snide...any of our 4 recruited backs, including the freshmen, are big play RBs.

If you feed them the rock 15x in the 4th quarter, they will score 3 TDs on Wake (last year our backups scored 3 TDs on the first 6 carries.) That's too much. We want Wake ranked afterwards.

Rencher has earned his scholly by his hard work but doesn't have the same pop to break big runs. Just saying that if Dabo doesn't want to 'run up the score', he can let Rencher eat clock and get lots of playing time on Senior Day. The home crowd will love it. If he plays the whole second half he could go for 100+, but it will probably take him 12-18 carries to do it.

How is that snide?

You can get hammered

Oct 25, 2019, 7:33 AM

in a bar, but not here. This is just an alter reality. Take it all with a grain of salt.

I think you mean slaw***

Oct 25, 2019, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The simple way to handle these "anxieties" that some feel

Oct 25, 2019, 7:48 AM

in upcoming games is to answer the following questions:

1. Are there any players on the opposing team that you would trade to replace a Clemson starter at the same position?

2. Would you trade a coach or the coaching staff of the opposing team for a coach or the coaching staff at Clemson?

If you answer "no" to the questions above then what in the world are you concerned or worrying about?

That fact is there isn't a player on any of the rosters of our opponents that I would trade to replace a current Clemson starter - especially looking at USuC's roster. Secondly, our head coach and coaching staff is way better than any of the coaches we face. So relax and enjoy the games having confidence that Clemson has the more talented team and the better coaching staff. It really is simple - if we execute and stay disciplined we win...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 8:41 AM

Not sure what you're worried about. WF scored a bunch of points in a LOSS to a Louisville team that we just hammered. Only scored 22 against FSU. The game is also at home. Unless the Tigers have a terribly bad day, this one will be similar to the last 2 we've just played and the game will not be in doubt much after halftime.

South Carolina is simply not good enough to keep it very close against Clemson either. They probably played slightly better against Florida than expected, but Florida is not exactly on Clemson's level either! Georgia appears to have an anemic offense when it goes up against any team with any pulse on defense. Again, unless it's just an awful day for Clemson, no one in the SEC East would be real competition. I'd expect another 2-3 score beat down/moral victory for the Gamecocks.

Man up***

Oct 25, 2019, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Wake is a good team but our defense

Oct 25, 2019, 10:51 AM

Probably matches up with them better this year than last.

We could have a bad day on offense and still win IMO.

Same thing with the coots. We are going to terrorize Hilinkski with blitzes from all over the field. I have a feeling our defense will have that game circled on the calendar.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC has a much better chance of making it competitive against

Oct 25, 2019, 10:56 AM

us than Wake. Our OL needs to play better because they have the DL and the crowd noise to cause our line some problems. If we get on them early it's game over though.

Wake is not beating us in DV

Oct 25, 2019, 10:54 AM

Trying to run 100 plays against us will not work out well for them.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic