Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My game analysis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 591

My game analysis

Aug 30, 2014, 9:29 PM

After drinking a few beers and having my first cigarette sine the SCAR game last November here's my thoughts:

1. Defense wasn't terrible. Yes we gave up a lot of points but maybe if they weren't starting at midfield for an entire half it would be a different story. I think the D just got tired after what felt like 10 straight 3 and outs.

2. What is there to say about the offense? The receivers dropped passes all night and the O-line couldn't get a reliable push up front. Not to mention pass protection looked spotty at best. Stoudt looked decent at times but I think Watson is the spark this offense will need.

3. Special teams was a disaster for much of the game. The kick return for a touchdown and the field goal that didn't come close were just the start. Punts were short for much of the game and we still don't have a legitimate return threat.

4. All that being said we still have a lot to fix and a lot to play for. 10-2 with a win over SCAR is by no means a bad year considering what we lost. No reason to believe that 10 wins isn't achievable if we play like we did in the first half and eliminate stupid mistakes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't dare blame Pinion for anything- 45 yard punt avg is

Aug 30, 2014, 9:37 PM

not "short". Like I said last year- Pinion should be a MVP of Chad's offense since average more punts per game with our up tempo, no huddle, fast punt system. When the Chad is clicking- everything is good but when its bad it is Spence-like. If Tommy B had Pinion he might still be here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't dare blame Pinion for anything- 45 yard punt avg is

Aug 30, 2014, 10:17 PM

I agree about Pinion. Good job tonite. Re Chad I only say that it is obvious that he has big trouble adjusting his game plan when the opposition has made moves to force his hand. He will learn in time but we need to remember the guy really does not have a lot of top flight coaching experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 591
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic