Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some so called Tiger Fans are NUTS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Some so called Tiger Fans are NUTS

Feb 11, 2019, 11:07 PM

The last 10 years except five against ##### have been wonderful. Last five almost beyond belief.....what more could any Tiger fan hope for. Well, some idiots have decided Dabo can't recruit the right number of so-called STARS or he misssed on OFL or TE or something....and allowing wrong people as walk-ons......results mean nothing to these football experts aka idiots. Saw yesterday only reason offensive coordinators have been successful with last 3 QB's is the QB's not the coaches. To question anything...I mean anything Dabo does should ban you from posting again. I barely post but am a life long fan (I'm old) and two Clemson children. Last five seasons.....wow....lots of fun. If you question Dabo....get off the board....you're a moron.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ POTD!***

Feb 11, 2019, 11:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It's about time somebody put that troll

Feb 12, 2019, 9:05 AM

cutigerbob® in his place.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Agreed...

Feb 12, 2019, 9:36 AM

I'm beginning to think cutigerbob® isn't really a Clemson fan at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Whiners in the stands

Feb 12, 2019, 11:30 AM

Through the years I have often had orange clad whiners sitting close to me. The guys I call whiners in the stands often complain loudly about every running play that gains less than five yards. The Clemson fans I call whiners often sound bitter and angry when the other team completes a pass to a wide open receiver, as if such a completion is an abomination. Lots of whiners rooting for Clemson in the stands start their loud complaining if our Tigers have not blown the other team out by the end of the first quarter. The in the stands fans who my dad would have called 'boo birds' seemingly watch the game as if the athletes playing for us are going to be ultra successful on every play.

When that is going on, the fans I like tend to be supportive of the Tigers, to back the individual players when they have bad games as well and as vocally as when they have good games. I think every game by every player and coach is not likely to be perfect. Sometimes the other teams make us look bad. During the game, I don't appreciate the whiners who are vocal in analyzing and commenting on mistakes. I see the mistakes. The players know they missed and the coaches certainly understand. Generally speaking I'd like the ##### and moan fans to support some other team.

The typing internet fans who like to worry about things like roster management, legacy scholarships and what they see as weak parts of the program most often strike me like the whiners in the stands who make for terrible seat neighbors I would rather not be around.

Both the whiners in the stands and the complainers on the internet are very very often wrong. I know they are wrong, especially now, because of our play, our wins, our championships and our titles.

Everyone remembers when our S&C coach was the victim of the complainers. People are always talking nationally now about how we 'look like' we belong and our stats on defense against the run. Everyone remembers when our OL coach was called the weak link that would lead to our demise and said so ad nauseum. When I look at replays of our Bama game I'm startled by how clean the pocket was all the time. The whiners and complainers were wrong.

We've run the ball by committee for a long time. The whiners and complainers want the best guy to get 30 carries a game. We win more games and often look great in the second half running the ball. The whiners and complainers in the stands and on the internet are wrong.

Today the whiners and complainers like to talk about roster management and how one can be a good fan and talk about what they perceive as weaknesses in our program.

The fans I like and appreciate tend to focus on 8 straight ten win seasons, 2 outta 3 nattys, and our four year 55-4 record. The fans I like and appreciate do not generally think we will win all our games forever but we like the present a lot. The fans I like are fully and completely prepared to fully support our coaching staff for the clear fact they are the best in America. Generally we do not like the whiners and complainers ever and we especially do not like then when we are sitting directly and clearly on the top of the world of college football.

Generally the fans I like think the whiners in the stands who complain about a 4.7 yard gain, or the fact ETN does not get every carry, or ##### about our OL which helped make Boyd, Watson, KB and now Lawrence stars, we think those moaners and groaners are idiots with very little hindsight and usually even less foresight. When such moaning and groaning fans are pointing out how bad our play calling has been, fans I like think the moaners are just #### fools. When the complainers are unhappy with recruiting classes that are consensus top ten classes, the fans I like are sure the unhappy guys are clueless.

So.....The fans I like instead of bitching and complaining about or coaches or our team, we ##### and complain about the complainers. We hope our complaining irritates the complainers as much as they irritate us.

Go Tigers!!

Message was edited by: Harley®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here, Here........

Feb 11, 2019, 11:27 PM

Forget the whiners

Just Win, baby.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People don't seem to understand that the 3 star OL

Feb 12, 2019, 12:40 AM

might be more valuable to us than the 5 star WR at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People don't seem to understand that the 3 star OL

Feb 12, 2019, 6:40 AM

Oh, so you’re saying Dabo should think about making a trade? I can’t believe some people have to question the coaches’ decisions even in threads like this that are pointing out how good we have it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irrelevant people

Feb 12, 2019, 3:53 AM

Just like any irrelevant people in your life, just ignore them.

I realized long time ago that you'll have people like this who are never happy about anything.

Even when all is well and good and should be happy, they somehow find a way to be miserable.

I'm good. I'm happy. I'm ready for another national title journey.

Bandwagoners! They haven't been here long enough

Feb 12, 2019, 5:04 AM

to know our coaches and how they coach! Half of 'em probably had never even heard of Clemson till a few years ago.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Some so called Tiger Fans are NUTS

Feb 12, 2019, 6:13 AM

Here’s a counterpoint... why was Dabo given the job and how did he elevate the program to the heights we’ve seen?

It was openly said he was given the interim tag bc the players loved him and he was the best recruiter on staff. He elevated our program by recruiting talent and changing the culture. Make a list of most impactful players over the last decade and see what the recruiting of each was.

I guess some fans can appreciate the moment of winning while also looking to the future and having meaningful discussion about what the roster looks like. No one outside of a few trolls questions the success we’ve had but some of us here like to keep it going and have conversations about 2020 OL after a few years short on numbers, what happens when TEs get low, do we have enough depth at DT? I guess fans don’t have the right to discuss football questions and every post should be about how awesome we are and nothing will ever stop this dynasty. Come to think of it that’s what most Bamas boards are so maybe they are on to something.

No doubt this is the best decade ever and Dabo is the best coach in Clemson history and maybe on the verge of passing Saban. That doesn’t mean you can’t question what’s going on and have debate over what the future looks like. I guarantee Dabo and staff talk about it and don’t have meetings to talk about how many trophies last year they won. Just a thought.

I can't decide which is worse

Feb 12, 2019, 6:32 AM

The people who whine, or the people who whine about the whiners.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: I can't decide which is worse

Feb 12, 2019, 7:26 AM

the people who whine about the people who whine about the whiners

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: I can't decide which is worse

Feb 12, 2019, 7:47 AM

the people who whine about the people who whine about the people who whine about the whiners

In other news

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo if you need an explanation of that sentence!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whining about the guys whining about the whiners

Feb 12, 2019, 7:28 AM [ in reply to I can't decide which is worse ]

Doesn't get much worse than that, IMO

congratulations!

Feb 12, 2019, 10:59 PM [ in reply to I can't decide which is worse ]

You managed to make a post in a great thread that was neither relevant to the conversation nor added any value. That takes talent. Or maybe not, since I did the same.

Feb 12, 2019, 6:37 AM

You ask; "what more could any Tiger fan hope for"?
How about 5 National Championship Equestrian Titles.
Yea, I'm questioning why you have not petitioned the Athletic Director to name Dabo as the Head Coach of the Horse team.
Why not? Just look at the "studs" he recruits for football.

Well put Westof! Couldn't agree more!

Feb 12, 2019, 7:32 AM

The fact we finish tenth in recruiting even after winning the Natty shows just how clean this program and the coaches are. Now when you see teams in the top 25 recruiting that haven't even sniffed at a decent bowl and still lost after posting a mediocre record that caused me to wonder!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree man but I’ve realized that if there’s nothing

Feb 12, 2019, 7:45 AM

To birch about during the off-season then most tiger fans don’t know what to do or what to talk about. Questioning Dabo and his staff after the last 5 years is beyond me. People don’t realize that this isn’t going to last forever, enjoy the success while it’s here.

To add to what you just said.

Feb 12, 2019, 8:57 AM

The amount of whining on this board about Bama players, coaches, and fans whining has hit ad nauseam status.

GO TIGERS!!

either way if you recruit well you don't have as much

Feb 12, 2019, 9:14 AM

worries. That was initially why Dabo was given the opportunity to be the coach and why i say this is the same thing we should do in basketball (hire a recruiter.) Good players fix alot of deficiencies or inexperience at coaching. Dabo has more than rounded out to be the standard in the coaching profession but those players/coaching hires/early program decisions that came about during his tenure have proven to work and have all culminated into success.

But if anyone questions a 15-0 record then you're just a troll with no home.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:31 AM

Don't let small people change your weather, or your underwear, never works out well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont be shy westof®

Feb 12, 2019, 2:47 PM

Go ahead and say what you really mean...

Feb 12, 2019, 2:51 PM

Can I TU this a billion times?!?!?!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With an emphasis on "so called"***

Feb 12, 2019, 10:48 PM

Feb 12, 2019, 11:03 PM

I fully agree. Had they been fans in the Hatfield/West/Bowden years, they would realize how great we now have it.

Feb 12, 2019, 11:07 PM

Remember all the Miami fans in the early 90s? We are getting a lot of that type bandwagon jumping trash on our wagon.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic