Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayers please for my baby
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

Prayers please for my baby

Mar 25, 2020, 11:13 PM

I would appreciate the prayers of anyone who is awake at the moment. My 9 month old son was just admitted to the ER with a fever over 104. We were told at the doctor this morning that he has a double ear infection with one ear being quite severe. His fever just wouldn’t go down no matter what we tried for the last 40 or so hours. He has been between 101 and 103 for a couple of days. About an hour ago it shot up to over 104. We called and they said to bring him in. Only my wife was allowed to go in and I’m sitting in the car staring at the door to the ER with my 3 year old daughter asleep in the back seat. Prayer can do amazing things and right now my wife and I would love some extra prayers for our little boy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers please for my baby

Mar 25, 2020, 11:15 PM

I will be praying for your son and your whole family. May God be with you all

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will do!***

Mar 25, 2020, 11:16 PM

Mar 25, 2020, 11:17 PM

Praying for healing for your baby boy and strength for you and your wife.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you got it!***

Mar 25, 2020, 11:22 PM

Mar 25, 2020, 11:23 PM

My wife and I are praying for God’s mercy and healing for your son. Phil. 4:6-7

Mar 25, 2020, 11:36 PM

Thank you for the verse. A good reminder even though it’s tough in the moment.

Prayers for your son’s complete healing

Mar 25, 2020, 11:29 PM

and for peace and comfort for him, your wife, your daughter, and you in the meantime. God bless you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 25, 2020, 11:30 PM

I'm sure this will be a very long night for you but you're not as alone as you probably feel right now. Praying your family will all get the rest and healing you need.

Mar 25, 2020, 11:36 PM

Praying for your family!

Re: Praying now for your baby and the rest of your family.***

Mar 25, 2020, 11:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 11:38 PM

Certainly ...... will do right this second!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 11:40 PM

"But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”" - Matthew 14:30-31

Praying for your little guy. Don't Doubt God's mercy and compassion.

Mar 25, 2020, 11:40 PM

Done, hang in there

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 11:41 PM

I sure will bud. We went through the same thing with my youngest. It's scary I know. God will watch over that little fella. Prayers up.

Prayers sent!***

Mar 25, 2020, 11:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 25, 2020, 11:44 PM

Praying for you and your family, especially your baby!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 11:51 PM

Just asked God for healing for your baby and comfort for your family .

Prayers to your baby and your family

Mar 25, 2020, 11:52 PM

Done

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 11:54 PM

Praying - TigersO !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 25, 2020, 11:56 PM

May God lay His hands on your baby. ????????????

Mar 25, 2020, 11:59 PM

Waiting in the car is agonizing. My wife just texted out that x rays showed he has pneumonia. She is still waiting for more info. Any parents who’ve been through pneumonia with a small child have any advice?

Mar 26, 2020, 12:13 AM

Hold tight. My oldest had pneumonia when she was little. Asthma also. Depends on what type of pneumonia. Little ones are fighters. Don’t panic and let the medical professionals do their jobs. Prayers for y’all. May God His hands on everyone of you.

Mar 26, 2020, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

One of mine was born with a heart condition . He had congestive heart failure and pneumonia several times before he had open heart surgery at 8 mos .

Those were some tough times . That boy is 40 yrs old , a father himself , and strong and healthy as a horse .

I trust that your youngster will be just fine .

Mar 26, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

Went through this twice with my daughter at a little over a year old. And someone has said it already children are quite resilient. The child will probably go through multiple X-rays and a good number of breathing treatments, unfortunately it is something that will test your patience as a Father. I remember multiple nights of simply praying that the low pulse ox alarm would not sound its frightening for you but just remember your child will never remember it. I am praying hard for both you and your wife, I know for me it was a time when my Wife stepped up in a big way, I kept the hospital gowns from both events and they hang in my closet to this day. I show them to my daughter every once in a while and reminder her of a time when her Mother (all be it 5 ft nothing) was way stronger than her father. Praying for a quick recovery. Like others this lead to tubes and Adnoid removal before the age of 3.

Mar 26, 2020, 12:30 AM

Praying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prayers lifted for your baby . . .

Mar 26, 2020, 12:31 AM

and for each one of his care givers . . . You, your bride and little girl are also covered in prayer . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 12:38 AM

Prayers sent for your son & your whole family. Please keep us updated on his condition.

Mar 26, 2020, 1:09 AM

Prayers being sent for your entire family. God Bless You.

Mar 26, 2020, 1:05 AM

Praying from Mt Pleasant. God will see you through this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 1:11 AM

Prayers going up for your baby boy. May God hold you and your family in his arms and bring comfort to all of you. Stay strong brother.

Mar 26, 2020, 1:13 AM

Long lurker. I am up with my 9 month old boy right now dealing with a couple day high fever. Went to dr yesterday and told bad ear infection and bronchitis. Given antibiotics and a nebulizer. Wife and I are working off shifts to cover. Got a call at work he was running a 104 fever at 11pm tonight. A cool bath has cut it for now. Have a 3 year old daughter who is just getting over strep. Prayers for your family. Only certainty seems to be uncertainty these days.

Mar 26, 2020, 1:24 AM

We have amazingly similar situations. I hate what you are dealing with because I know the strain and tear on your heart and mind. I will be sending up prayers for your entire family Now and in the coming days. We did multiple cool baths last night and tonight it wouldn’t cut it. I hope our little guys are back up and going in the blink of an eye.

Mar 26, 2020, 1:28 AM

Haven’t posted in probably a decade, but with the similarities in situation felt like I should. Tiger family is strong and always amazes me with support given in good times and trying times.

Mar 26, 2020, 4:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

I just ready your post, too, and have already lifted the same prayers for your children and family, as I did for TigerO.

As I mentioned in my response to TigerO, I went through the same ordeal with my oldest grandson, who is now 29, and it was tough.

Mar 26, 2020, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

I just signed on to check on TigersO's son and am now including baby Schmidt in my prayers. I'm thankful you were both able to get your children in to see doctors. Praying for strength and peace and healing for both your families.

Mar 26, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

Love and prayers for you all, too!!!!

Mar 26, 2020, 1:13 AM

Long lurker. I am up with my 9 month old boy right now dealing with a couple day high fever. Went to dr yesterday and told bad ear infection and bronchitis. Given antibiotics and a nebulizer. Wife and I are working off shifts to cover. Got a call at work he was running a 104 fever at 11pm tonight. A cool bath has cut it for now. Have a 3 year old daughter who is just getting over strep. Prayers for your family. Only certainty seems to be uncertainty these days.

Thinking of your son and family

Mar 26, 2020, 1:22 AM

I’m sorry to hear about this, I can’t imagine your struggle. Will ask for additional grace and support for your family and those caring for your son.

Clemson

Mar 26, 2020, 1:29 AM

Praying for your son and your family my friend. Know that God is in control at all times. Trust him now. (He's there with you)

My 13 year old son who is also my best friend quit breathing at 13 months. (SIDS episode)
He was air lifted and on a respirator for two days. For a parent ...it's as rough as it gets. We had to trust God completely and rest in his love.

My son is healthy and whole today and I'm believing your son will be too! Stay strong and keep the faith!

Mar 26, 2020, 3:46 AM

Prayers for both of you that your children will be OK.

I just saw your post and have lifted prayers for

Mar 26, 2020, 4:41 AM

your son and family.

I went through this 28 years ago with my oldest grandson, who is now 29, so I know how tough this type of situation can be.

Mar 26, 2020, 4:56 AM

That is so scary. Pulling for you and your little one.

Mar 26, 2020, 5:57 AM

Done! Get well quick

We're praying for your son and your family.***

Mar 26, 2020, 7:27 AM

We went through soemthing very simialr with ear infections

Mar 26, 2020, 7:46 AM

though not quite as young. He had high fever with frequent ear infections. He ended up with tubes at an early age.

Prayers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Mar 26, 2020, 5:14 PM

You got mine!!!!??????????

Done!***

Mar 26, 2020, 8:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 9:15 AM

Prayers sent!

Prayers for your baby and your family***

Mar 26, 2020, 9:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Mar 26, 2020, 10:21 AM

Done

Hope for the best....***

Mar 26, 2020, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Will be praying.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:47 AM

Any updates?

Mar 26, 2020, 10:50 AM

How is your son doing? Sending prayers my friend!

Mar 26, 2020, 10:59 AM

Praters sent. Keep th faith.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 11:45 AM

God bless your family during this most difficult time......Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 26, 2020, 11:48 AM

I have been in your shoes before and I know it is terrifying but just know that he will be okay. You and your family will be in my thoughts for sure! We wish him well over here.

Mar 26, 2020, 11:56 AM

Prayers for your little boy’s healing and peace of mind for you and your family...

Mar 26, 2020, 11:56 AM

Prayers for your little boy’s healing and peace of mind for you and your family...

Re: Prayers please for my baby - Prayers are with all of you***

Mar 26, 2020, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2020, 4:03 PM

Just talked with our God about your baby and family. "He said, I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Mar 26, 2020, 4:25 PM

Praying that both of these babies are doing better today. God bless you.

Mar 26, 2020, 5:49 PM

You got it. Done and will pray again tonight!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done***

Mar 26, 2020, 6:06 PM

Mar 26, 2020, 6:29 PM

Sending prayers for both children mentioned in this thread. Hoping for some positive updates.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 26, 2020, 7:23 PM

Little man spiked 104 twice last night/this morning. Able to get it down with cold baths. Hoping we don’t have a repeat tonight but he has been running about 101 all day. If still running fever tomorrow after three days of antibiotics headed back in.

Mar 26, 2020, 7:31 PM

Thanks for the update. Been praying for him all day.

Mar 26, 2020, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

Praying for your baby. Did the doctor happen to mention rotating pediatric Tylenol and Advil every three hours? I have been in your shoes and the doctor has us rotate the two medications. If not it might be worth asking your pediatrician.

Mar 26, 2020, 9:25 PM

Thank all of you so much. First time my wife has ever uttered...”any update on TigerNet”. Ha

Mar 26, 2020, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

I am praying again right now. Thank you for the update. Keeping the faith that the next one is better.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 26, 2020, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

praying for your little man as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just prayed and will continue to pray TigersO*****

Mar 26, 2020, 7:25 PM

done

Mar 26, 2020, 7:48 PM

and done again

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Mar 26, 2020, 8:01 PM

I will be praying for you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

done***

Mar 26, 2020, 8:18 PM

Mar 26, 2020, 8:25 PM

God bless all.

Mar 26, 2020, 8:55 PM

Prayers...Keep us updated

Mar 26, 2020, 9:01 PM

I hope things are better than they were. Saying a prayer for your little one and you guys.

Mar 26, 2020, 9:06 PM

Absolutely done!

Mar 26, 2020, 9:20 PM

Done. God bless.

Mar 26, 2020, 10:25 PM

Done. God Bless!

Mar 26, 2020, 10:34 PM

Done.

Done - God Bless!***

Mar 26, 2020, 10:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Mar 27, 2020, 5:54 PM

How are our boys today?

Clemson family is still praying!!

Mar 27, 2020, 6:12 PM

^^^^ Yes how are our boys? Still praying for both familes.

Mar 27, 2020, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers please for my baby ]

Believe we are through it. Fever down and while not himself yet, appears the worst is behind us. Praying the same is true for TigerO. thanks all for your support.

Mar 27, 2020, 11:15 PM

I'm thankful to hear this! We hope & pray he continues to feel better!

You got it!

Mar 27, 2020, 6:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Bump for info, if any TigerO

Mar 30, 2020, 4:33 PM

Hope you and your family are alright

Clemson

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic