Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
prayer request & update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

prayer request & update

Jan 26, 2015, 5:16 PM

One year ago today my life changed forever. My mom's friend called me to see if she was visiting me, because she hadn't been at church that morning. I immediately called her neighbors, who found her lying in the floor of her kitchen, for what we believe to have been 24-30 hours. I'll never forget the feeling of despair I had, and the longest 1 hour drive of my life to Spartanburg. In one instant, I went from being "footloose and fancy free" to having the weight of my mom's everything in my hands. To say the least, it's been a challenging year. But, it's also been a year where my mom and I have laughed at more things than we ever have before. Every day, slowly but surely, she continues to make the smallest of improvements. New words are coming every day, and she continues to show what a determined spirit she has. We are working on getting her house ready to sell, and facing that task will be challenging, but it's nothing compared to the challenges she has faced over the past year. I thank you all for the prayers you've said this year, and ask for continued prayers as we move along in year #2.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: prayer request & update

Jan 26, 2015, 5:19 PM

praying God's blessings & favor & healing upon you and your Mom.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay strong. Continued prayers coming.***

Jan 26, 2015, 5:22 PM

Jan 26, 2015, 5:24 PM

Continued prayers for her healing and you as caregiver.

You got it, hope she continues to improve every day***

Jan 26, 2015, 5:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yep....and Good Job!!***

Jan 26, 2015, 5:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God bless

Jan 26, 2015, 6:15 PM

both of you.

Done!***

Jan 26, 2015, 6:17 PM

Jan 26, 2015, 6:25 PM

Done.....

Done***

Jan 26, 2015, 7:05 PM

Best wishes Suzi

Jan 26, 2015, 7:08 PM

I lost both of my parents rather quickly to cancer, so be thankful for the gift of recovery. I haven't forgotten about the DVDs either, just having technical challenges.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 26, 2015, 10:32 PM

Prayers for your mom's continued recovery and for you as her caregiver.

Continued prayers for you both!

Jan 26, 2015, 11:54 PM

God bless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayer is outbound.***

Jan 27, 2015, 12:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: prayer and understanding

Jan 27, 2015, 5:18 AM

I began taking care of my parents about 5 years ago. Dad passed the end of June 2014. Mom joined Dad this past Thursday. Both were 94 and were married for 70 plus years. I miss them.

I will pray for your Mom and her loved ones and caretakers. It's not asy to forget about yourself so remember to take some time for your health.

Best wishes.

Jan 27, 2015, 5:55 AM

Prayers continue for both of you.

Done******

Jan 27, 2015, 10:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

done. Best wishes for 2 warrior princess'- prayers***

Jan 27, 2015, 10:52 AM

Jan 27, 2015, 10:56 AM

Prayers for your Mother's continued improvement. It's tough when your parents' health starts to fail. I was lucky to have 5 sisters to help out. Best of luck.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Will continue to pray for you and your mom.***

Jan 27, 2015, 11:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic