Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dominoes start falling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Dominoes start falling

Aug 8, 2020, 1:18 PM

The MAC has cancelled the football season. Which conference will be next?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

big 10...sports media will get their

Aug 8, 2020, 1:41 PM

massive headline of that they have been having wet dreams about posting "breaking college football season canceled"...then fail to realize after that they lose clicks and ratings after.

I don't understand why sports media...

Aug 8, 2020, 2:01 PM

wants to have no sports to report on.

I hate ESPN, but I think no sports have hurt them.

Schools want football because this is a huge part of their budgets.

The fact that many , if not most schools will go completely online will also cost them.

The ONLY REASON that football is even being considered is financial.

I'm not arguing whether shut downs and cancelling activities are the appropriate measures AND I am as skeptical of the media as anybody.

But it doesn't make logical sense that they want the season cancelled. What is the benefit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand why sports media...

Aug 8, 2020, 2:28 PM

Their "benefit" is no more Trump. They will pay any price including the destruction of our nation for that "benefit".

maybe....

Aug 8, 2020, 2:36 PM

I don't like liberal press, but this is a huge undertaking just to undermine Trump. It's hard for me to wrap that idea around logic when I look at what's going on.

I do see this virus used as a political football, but it seems odd that the rest of the world is in on this, as well as Trump himself. The EU's economies have tanked worse than ours. Seems like a high price to pay to get rid of Trump.

Also, this seems to overplay the impact Trump has had on the world as a whole. Is he really that important or that dangerous?

I know of very few people who will switch to Biden if there isn't a football season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some things are more important than other people’s income.***

Aug 8, 2020, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand why sports media... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

when we apply logic...

Aug 8, 2020, 3:23 PM

to only prove what we already know or to support our own biases, we are no better than the looney left.

I think it is pretty clear I am no liberal. I'm not even a moderate.

and some are not***

Aug 8, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Some things are more important than other people’s income.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I don't understand why sports media...

Aug 8, 2020, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand why sports media... ]

well, if the rest of the world, the democrats, the us govt, the fbi , the cia, the media, the deep state, and college football have conspired against trump, then maybe there is a good reason ....lol....Dump Trump 2020

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is great...

Aug 8, 2020, 3:46 PM

which is worse?

The Virus Boogeyman or the Trump Boogeyman?

nobody can get beyond their own fears.

MAC FB revenue likely heavily dependent upon OOC games ...

Aug 8, 2020, 3:44 PM

with Power 5 teams, TV revenue from those games plus other TV and stadium ticket sales. With no Power 5 games and no fans in the stands, MAC football in 2020 is likely a financial loser.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic