Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The recent addition of profanity to the Tiger Rag by the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

The recent addition of profanity to the Tiger Rag by the

Oct 27, 2015, 11:12 AM

student section, coupled with their poor attendance and the fact they started the Woo Hoo a few years back, got me thinking.

Are college football games really the place for students?

They try and change all of our traditions, they take up valuable parking spaces, they are typically not helpful with directions, and in 1998 I saw one vomit on The Hill. Hopefully Drad is working on a plan to transport students off campus on game weekends.

Go Tigers!
Beat the Wolf Pack!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Profanity?

Oct 27, 2015, 11:19 AM

What are they saying?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C-L-E-M-S-O mother effing M***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The university president should put a stop to that.***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just curious, wut is Clemsom?***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:31 AM [ in reply to C-L-E-M-S-O mother effing M*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Their slogan is "Want some? Come to Clemsom!"

Oct 27, 2015, 11:53 AM

They got the best football program this side of the Enoree. Although the program has recently had to overcome a slander campaign by the biased press always referring to "Clemsoming".

This doesn't make you better than me.***

Oct 27, 2015, 12:07 PM [ in reply to just curious, wut is Clemsom?*** ]

null

Is effing a bad word?

Oct 27, 2015, 6:47 PM [ in reply to C-L-E-M-S-O mother effing M*** ]

Maybe it should be if it's not. Just sounds bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it should be banned.***

Oct 27, 2015, 6:57 PM

WTH!!?***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Profanity? ]

I've never been impressed with a student section anywhere.***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dookies impressed me 30-something years ago..

Oct 27, 2015, 11:28 AM

made the trip to wallace wade and danny and the tiguhs whupped 'em fiercely..after the game was out-of- hand, students began the cheer, "that's alright! that's okay! you will work for me one day!"..first time i'd heard that cheer and i thought it was hilarious.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Was that the same game that the students toted a large

Oct 27, 2015, 6:49 PM

billboard sized sign around the field of a cartoon of a blue devil humping a tiger that said "Screw the Tigers"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A plan has been submitted already to build a plexiglass

Oct 27, 2015, 11:20 AM

cubed structure around the student section. It will be called The Plexulus.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Maybe they can fill it waist high with beer !***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:23 AM

Re: A plan has been submitted already to build a plexiglass

Oct 27, 2015, 3:06 PM [ in reply to A plan has been submitted already to build a plexiglass ]

> cubed structure around the student section. It will
> be called The Plexulus.

This made me lol.

thank you.

#Allstudentsectionlivesmatter***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:22 AM

i bet you wear

Oct 27, 2015, 11:24 AM

pharoh cooper pjs.

coot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

This isn't a recent addition...***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:25 AM

Female students are allowed...preferrably drunk.***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:28 AM

null

Re: The recent addition of profanity to the Tiger Rag by the

Oct 27, 2015, 11:29 AM

IT's classless and represents nothing about Clemson. Nothing.

Let's face it...college and particularly football games are

Oct 27, 2015, 11:30 AM

no place for students! The faculty would certainly agree...especially the tenured ones that only teach a class about once every three or four years. Colleges are made for getting government grants and spending money on obtaining additional grants....and researching stuff like bullying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

blame barker for admitting foreigners & non-engrish speakin'

Oct 27, 2015, 11:35 AM

yankee sorts from jersey, new york, cleveland and other parts unknown?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glad to see you are not hiding your

Oct 27, 2015, 11:35 AM

cootness anymore

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Its unfair to put all students in the same category ! My

Oct 27, 2015, 11:43 AM

daughter went to every home game and away games when she was not working. She did not drink and get group of friends we never drunk during the games or used profanity. And they honored Clemson traditions. And they usually stayed for the entire game.

In fact I have heard more profanity during games from adults. When Ken Hatfield was at Clemson I finally had to tell a guy to stop using profanity because there were so many kids and families in our area. And several adults have had to leave games because they were drunk or arrested by ATF agents. When I attended games on s regular bases one of my friends always left at half time so he could drink during the 2nd half.

Students are as much a part of college athletics as are traditions. It's a problem with a wide section of the fan base, not just the students. If I am going to pay $100 for a ticket I am staying for the entire game, but not every fan feels that way.

Its unfair to put all students in the same category ! My

Oct 27, 2015, 11:43 AM

daughter went to every home game and away games when she was not working. She did not drink and get group of friends we never drunk during the games or used profanity. And they honored Clemson traditions. And they usually stayed for the entire game.

In fact I have heard more profanity during games from adults. When Ken Hatfield was at Clemson I finally had to tell a guy to stop using profanity because there were so many kids and families in our area. And several adults have had to leave games because they were drunk or arrested by ATF agents. When I attended games on s regular bases one of my friends always left at half time so he could drink during the 2nd half.

Students are as much a part of college athletics as are traditions. It's a problem with a wide section of the fan base, not just the students. If I am going to pay $100 for a ticket I am staying for the entire game, but not every fan feels that way.

With the Tigers rise to national prominence, ticket demand

Oct 27, 2015, 11:46 AM

will likely skyrocket. Opening up student seats for paying fans wood make a lot of cents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

thanks for bringing this back in and taking the emotion out

Oct 27, 2015, 11:51 AM

of this bob.

it's not the first time the OP has demonstrated his inability to see the forest for the trees. i certainly hope FM remembers you with the holiday season fastly approaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did have some cheese with your whine***

Oct 27, 2015, 11:52 AM

Thread jacking. You and your RAG buddies at it again.***

Oct 27, 2015, 12:11 PM

Re: did have some cheese with your whine***

Oct 27, 2015, 4:15 PM [ in reply to did have some cheese with your whine*** ]

Do you mind not trolling a thread for once?

null

Oct 27, 2015, 11:53 AM

As a current student, IPTAY member, and lifelong Clemson fan, I resent this statement. I've gone to every home game that I could this year (the others I've missed due to drill weekends). I understand why you feel the way you do, but don't lump us together. I stay until the end of every game I'm able to attend. Do I wish that a lot more of my fellow student came, gave all their energy, and stayed to the very end of every game? Of course. However, I know many that do. We're not all flaky fans.
As always, Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you are kidding around, but in all seriousness

Oct 27, 2015, 11:55 AM

I can tolerate the Woo Hoo although I never say it and wish it would leave. But, I cannot tolerate the C-L-E-M-S-O-mf-N. That DEFINITELY needs to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Doesn't GT use profanity in their fight song? Something about UGA?

Oct 27, 2015, 11:57 AM

And what about those West F'ing Virginia t-shirts? Get over yourself.

So GaTech & West Freaking Virginia are the standard bearers

Oct 27, 2015, 12:01 PM

for us ? ? ? ?

WOW . . . .

No thanks.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Who gives a rats rump what GT and WV do ?!?!?!

Oct 27, 2015, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Doesn't GT use profanity in their fight song? Something about UGA? ]

We're Clemson and we're better than that !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Who gives a rats rump what GT and WV do ?!?!?!

Oct 27, 2015, 12:43 PM

Sorry. I forgot you were a closet Ugay homer, but relax.... I know we "should" be better than that, but I'm also not too blind to see that some aren't and I'm certainly not going to tell others what they can and can't say or do.

When it comes to my university....

Oct 27, 2015, 12:53 PM

and the image that is projected, I won't hesitate for a second to tell others what they can and can't say or do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: When it comes to my university....

Oct 27, 2015, 12:55 PM

I agree with Big here

null

I'm thankful you don't sit or tailgate around me***

Oct 27, 2015, 12:56 PM [ in reply to When it comes to my university.... ]

So are we, apparently.***

Oct 27, 2015, 1:06 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

So, if you hear a someone berating another person

Oct 27, 2015, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Who gives a rats rump what GT and WV do ?!?!?! ]

using foul language (nothing physical) in the presence of an underage child, you aren't going to say anything?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: So, if you hear a someone berating another person

Oct 27, 2015, 1:03 PM

Berating is one thing and if someone is constantly using foul language in front of my kids I'm all in with you. However, we are talking about students in their own section of the stadium with no kids around.

Are you sure there are no children around?***

Oct 27, 2015, 1:04 PM

"Constantly using foul language in front of my kids I'm all

Oct 27, 2015, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: So, if you hear a someone berating another person ]

in with you."

"If you really need to shelter your kids that much, don't take them to a football game and hide them from the real world.
Not to mention, language policing is just ridiculous. If I drop an F bomb at a football game it hurts nobody. It is an expression of my emotions."

You can "express emotions" in front of our kids, but we should watch our language in front of yours?

You're "that guy" if you don't realize that type of language should not be used at games.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

I learned the cockadoodle do cheer in the '60's and

Oct 27, 2015, 12:01 PM

its a #### fine cheer.

We should just ban them from campus entirely. The school

Oct 27, 2015, 12:12 PM

would be much better without the burden of students.

Oct 27, 2015, 1:19 PM

We can't go spending those yankee kids' tuition money and then complain that they have brought their crass, blue-collar culture with them.

Oct 27, 2015, 6:16 PM

Blue-collar doesn't fit in ur post.

If you work hard, you use Kearse words? I think not

Oct 28, 2015, 8:31 AM

I merely point out correlation. You are suggesting causation, a very different thing.

Oct 27, 2015, 4:26 PM

i have set in the student sec

Oct 27, 2015, 4:28 PM

have sat in the student

Oct 27, 2015, 4:50 PM

i have sat in the student section at clemson and where the reserved seats are and have heard more profanity from adults. i sat in front of a man two years who used the most profanity iv'e heard from one man in my life used the f word a lot . i called the ticket office and told them about him and they moved me to better seats. students walk to the game so they do not take up parking and how would you bus all the students off campus during football games. maybe you need to stay home and watch the game on TV then you want have any more problems.

That was probably jhoffma you were sitting in front of.***

Oct 27, 2015, 4:56 PM

Re: That was probably jhoffma you were sitting in front of.***

Oct 27, 2015, 5:52 PM

it was not jhoffma maybe it was you do you raise pigs. these people were pig farmers and telephone workers nothing wrong with these jobs . you wanted to know about them and i think you need to learn to spell because thats no the way to spell the union boss

Oct 27, 2015, 6:39 PM

I know (hope!) you are kidding, but "Are college football games really the place for students?"...

Well if we want them donating to IPTAY in the future when they are rich, we better hope so! And from what I've seen, the student section has been pretty lively every game. They've made the atmosphere great in my opinion.

I really don't understand your question/comment. Are you implying we don't allow students to the game? What about the band? No place for them either?

Your "proposal" will result in an environment like Miami and a struggling IPTAY in the future.

As for profanity, come over to section UF where I am. You'll probably hear more profanity from 50 to 80 year olds than you will from the 18-22 year olds a few sections over to the right!

So you propose we ban 50-80 year olds too?

Oct 27, 2015, 6:45 PM

Interesting. You may be on to something.

somehow i missed my chance to call you a coot earlier...

Oct 27, 2015, 7:49 PM

wait. no, i didn't.

coot.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: So you propose we ban 50-80 year olds too?

Oct 27, 2015, 7:51 PM [ in reply to So you propose we ban 50-80 year olds too? ]

Nah. I never said anything about banning people for profanity (you did).
I'd have to ban myself. (although I did it a lot more during the Tommy West and Bowden eras! :-/

What's all this commotion about a Tiger RAG

Oct 27, 2015, 7:52 PM

gang and the perversion of traditions and such?

I'm sure @Anonymous08 don't know a thang about that.

Oct 27, 2015, 7:57 PM

You just wait FSU is up next.
F the Seminoles the Seminoles suck ######## will be heard whenever that band starts to play

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2015, 8:06 PM

They are just being creative !

Oct 28, 2015, 11:51 AM

Well at the BC game I would say if it wasnt for the student section everyone their would have been sitting on their hands whispering.

Oct 28, 2015, 11:52 AM

There*

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic