Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does the 17 year old who shot rioters get convicted?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1,394

Does the 17 year old who shot rioters get convicted?

Aug 27, 2020, 10:29 AM

What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

by the time it is decided

Aug 27, 2020, 10:33 AM

the media will be on to something else and nobody will care

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

He shouldn't, since it's a clear cut case of self defense,

Aug 27, 2020, 10:38 AM

but it's hard to say, unfortunately, given our clown world environment.

I could see them jamming him up on some sort of illegal possession charge though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the charge is murder I don't think so.

Aug 27, 2020, 10:39 AM

Only a jury of BLM and Antifa membership would find this kid guilty of murder. Most people see the lawlessness of these last three months of riots, looting, arson, abuse of innocent people and murders. I seriously doubt they can find 12 normal citizens who will find this kid guilty of murder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if he's guilty of a crime...

Aug 27, 2020, 10:42 AM

But it sure looks wrong, what he was doing. Why would he be out there with a weapon like that? It's like not being able to swim, and jumping in the water for no good reason with a pool noodle to hopefully keep you from drowning. Why not just stay out of the water?

He said in a prior video he was out there to give medical

Aug 27, 2020, 10:47 AM

aid to anyone who needed it. He had also been seen cleaning up debris from previous riots, and scrubbing graffiti. Said in an interview the rifle was only for protection in case things got bad.

And they did once he was attacked by the BLM skinhead midget.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's ironic.***

Aug 27, 2020, 10:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems extremely unwise.

Aug 27, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to He said in a prior video he was out there to give medical ]

What actual law enforcement and medial personnel would probably prefer would be people staying home. All he did was make things exponentially worse.

Please note that I am not excusing or condoning any actions by people who had a confrontation with him. Two of them are dead, I've read, and maybe those still living will also be charged with a crime.

There is no medical personnel or law enforcement out there

Aug 27, 2020, 10:50 AM

Watch some of these live stream videos when these things are happening, they're 300 yards away protecting a courthouse with zero ##### given about what's happening to the community.

All the more reason it seems extremely uwise to do anything

Aug 27, 2020, 10:53 AM

except stay home.

What do you think would have happened if he had been wielding a first aid kit instead of an automatic weapon, since he was there to provide medical care?

He didn't wield an automatic weapon

Aug 27, 2020, 10:58 AM

There were no automatic weapons involved, good lord.

I dunno, maybe he would have gotten beaten half to death, maybe actually killed?. That's what happened to the one guy in Portland. If they'll attack a guy with a gun, imagine what they'd do to someone without one? Have a fun little stomping party?

So, while bandaging someone's wounds, he would have

Aug 27, 2020, 10:59 AM

been beaten? Did that happen in Portland?

I apologize, I heard someone say it was an automatic weapon. I don't really know what that means.

If you "don't really know that that means", you should

Aug 27, 2020, 11:00 AM

probably just refrain from forming an opinion on this.

Yes, that's why I apologized.***

Aug 27, 2020, 11:01 AM

you shouldn't have apologized

Aug 27, 2020, 11:46 AM

the nomenclature of a weapon is the least important part of the discussion.

I think your original point was the most important one. By merely carrying a weapon he opened himself up to greater risk and made himself a target.

Pointing out a flaw on the exact specification of weapon is lakebum being overly pedantic, which is a weak fall-back argument people make all the time when they are on the defensive.

No, it's not a fall back argument at all. It's pointing out

Aug 27, 2020, 11:51 AM

the fact that someone clearly has no idea what they're talking about. We've seen multiple instances of people without weapons being beaten unmercifully through the past 3 months, you can argue all day whether or not it's prudent to be there in the first place, but if you're going to be there having a weapon would be good practice. Again, based off of previous incidents.

What you are trying to argue is demonstrably untrue.

wisdom of being there in the first place was the original

Aug 27, 2020, 12:32 PM

point by Prodigal.

You seemed to think that it mattered greatly what kind of weapon he was carrying. I honestly don't think that is an important detail, whether it was auto or semi-auto or whatever. It's a weak argument.

This is basic common sense. Whatever kind of rifle it is, it obviously stands out in a crowd. In a mob setting, it makes absolutely no sense to stick out so obviously, especially with insane people who don't know you or your intentions. In the absence of police, if you are by yourself carrying a more powerful weapon, you will suddenly become THE obvious target of their attention as they try to take that power away from you.

I would equate it with flashing a wad of $100 dollar bills in a crowded subway car somewhere in Mexico City.

With regard to people getting attacked who aren't packing heat, I think we've seen plenty of video evidence of the same happening to people who are carrying weapons. Even the police.

So I guess the only way to know if you are right, is to go out there yourself with your AR15 and find out, lol.

You don't think semi-auto vs full auto is an important

Aug 27, 2020, 12:44 PM

distinction? That's pretty ridiculous. I bet if he actually had an automatic you'd be changing your tune on that. "OMG HE HAD AN AUTOMATIC RIFLE!!!"

Also, he was originally with a group and got separated. He wasn't "by himself carrying a more powerful weapon" and then all of the sudden became an obvious target. Go back and watch all of the videos.

Great, so we've seen plenty of video evidence of the same happening to people who are carrying weapons too. Can we quit calling these people peaceful protestors then? If they're even beating the police, wouldn't it make even more sense to have a rifle? Are you really trying to argue that in the absence of police, having a rifle would actually make you less safe? Because that is insane.

Maybe you should go there totally unarmed and see if you get your ### beat? Only way to see if you're right!

that's right, I don't

Aug 27, 2020, 1:07 PM

I never called them peaceful protestors. Riots are not peaceful.

If you look at the images and videos, the kid sticks out like a sore thumb. It's obvious.

As for your invitation to test myself in this crowd, not to sound overly boastful, but I reckon I've probably been in more dangerous neighborhoods in this world than the average white man. I went through all of them unarmed and never had a single issue in 53 years. With nothing other than an exceptional brain, quick feet, and a capable pair of bare hands, lol.

It actually isn't that difficult to do if you aren't walking the streets acting like a vigilante ####### looking for a fight.

He was with a group protecting businesses. Most of them

Aug 27, 2020, 1:55 PM

had rifles. In fact, a lot of the BLM protestors have had rifles, too. But I don't hear anything about them from the same folks trashing this kid.

Re: If you "don't really know that that means", you should

Aug 27, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to If you "don't really know that that means", you should ]

He shouldn't be in the streets with any weapon.

Neither should the rioters, but here we are.***

Aug 27, 2020, 11:51 AM

Exactly....it was after curfew.

Aug 27, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: If you "don't really know that that means", you should ]

He should have been treated by the police equally to that of the protesters. They should have all been arrested for breaking curfew.

And yes....he was looking to do exactly what he did. The "medic bag" was just a cover.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know if he's guilty of a crime...

Aug 27, 2020, 10:53 AM [ in reply to I don't know if he's guilty of a crime... ]

https://twitter.com/RichieMcGinniss/status/1298657958205820928

Re: I don't know if he's guilty of a crime...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I don't know if he's guilty of a crime... ]

But it sure looks wrong, what he was doing. Why would he be out there with a weapon like that? It's like not being able to swim, and jumping in the water for no good reason with a pool noodle to hopefully keep you from drowning. Why not just stay out of the water?

Not sure that's a very good analogy because the kid obviously knew how to use the gun. From all the videos that we have seen it was purely self defense. Obviously more videos could come out that could change my opinion.

The fact that the kid should never have been out there at all has nothing to do with whether he was justified in shooting.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said, I wasn't attempting to address the legal

Aug 27, 2020, 11:05 AM

ascpects, due to my ignorance on the subject.

That state has open carry laws from what I've read.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:32 AM

He has the same right to carry a weapon if it's in open sight of others as you have to attend church and worship God. I am not equating the two activities just pointing out that constitutionally they are equal in value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this thing on?

Aug 27, 2020, 11:50 AM

Like I said, I am not attempting to make any legal arguments.

Yes. But he gets released immediately

Aug 27, 2020, 10:42 AM

So he doesn’t catch the corona

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does the 17 year old who shot rioters get convicted?

Aug 27, 2020, 10:43 AM

Won't be convicted of murder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk

Aug 27, 2020, 10:50 AM

Re: Idk

Aug 27, 2020, 11:18 AM

That guy who got shot got his wish. I say, nice shot!

He'll get convicted of something, hopefully

Aug 27, 2020, 10:56 AM

something salty enough to eff up his nice comfortable life for a long time. Which brings me to another thought...not trying to jack the thread...but. Should this guy ever be able to legally own a gun in the future?

This kid took Daddy's AR, drove to another state to wave his gun at people he didn't know. Bonny and Clyde Rich St. Louis lawyer couple did the same thing, they just didn't leave their property, and theirs' didn't go off...maybe they had an ounce of foresight to go with their astounding lack of firearms safety training. But this kid loaded up his car and his rifle and went looking for a fight.

So gun laws that make sense. This kids lack of responsibility cost two lives and injured another, I would be fine with him getting the firearms banhammer for life. You?

He sure doesn't seem to have the maturity to handle one

Aug 27, 2020, 10:57 AM

properly, from the clips I've seen online. Don't know if that means he should never have one, but I wouldn't recommend him having one today.

The only law at all that we know he broke

Aug 27, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to He'll get convicted of something, hopefully ]

#### those two peoples lives, and I hope the other one loses

Aug 27, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to He'll get convicted of something, hopefully ]

his arm.

Re: #### those two peoples lives, and I hope the other one loses

Aug 27, 2020, 11:21 AM

Re: He'll get convicted of something, hopefully

Aug 27, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to He'll get convicted of something, hopefully ]

I personally hope he gets off and I think the people that got killed are responsible for their own deaths. Never attack a person carrying a gun. It looked like self defense. It will be interesting to see what happens.

as much as I detest the riots...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:04 AM

I am angered by vigilantes who have no business being in the middle of it. All it does is stoke emotions. Let the authorities handle. We are nowhere near losing control.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If my desire is to bring about peace and improve

Aug 27, 2020, 11:06 AM

the situation, I can't fathom a resulting action being "Go to the riot location with a gun".

Re: as much as I detest the riots...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to as much as I detest the riots... ]

A group? Was this young man not an outlier

Aug 27, 2020, 11:08 AM

Or were there other people out there providing medical care with rifles?

He was with a group and got separated, per reports.***

Aug 27, 2020, 11:09 AM

Re: A group? Was this young man not an outlier

Aug 27, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to A group? Was this young man not an outlier ]

U serious Clark?***

Aug 27, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to as much as I detest the riots... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The authorities aren't handling it.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to as much as I detest the riots... ]

And that's the problem, IMHO. I'm surprised it took this long. The authorities stand by and let it happen. Business owners has stood by and watch their livelihood be destroyed with very little consequence.

400+ Officers watch looters cause millions and millions in damaged along Chicago's Magnificent mile.

I have no problem with the people who live there...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:22 AM

protecting themselves and property, especially when the police will not. People who do not live there do not need to show up with firearms.

It is unfortunate (understatement) what is happening, but this will all get settled soon. People are getting fed up and these rioters are hurting the cause of the protestors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, he lived like 15 minutes away. The narrative

Aug 27, 2020, 11:24 AM

that "he traveled from out of state" as if he came from Arkansas or something is not correct.

can I be real honest here...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:31 AM

and I think this is what is happening with most Americans AND it is unfortunate?

I haven't really looked into the details of this incident. When the Floyd shooting and all of the other things were happening I was paying attention - listening to the complaints of those who were protesting. I was empathetic to their plight.

Now after months and months of this stuff, I am becoming desensitized to it. I still am empathetic. I still think change needs to happen. But sick and tired of the lawlessness.

I believe that's where most of the country is now. For these people to continue this path is counterproductive and will ultimately hurt the cause for genuine reforms.

You can be empathetic, but just remember that's not a two

Aug 27, 2020, 11:58 AM

way street. They will wreck your #### with glee.

Re: I have no problem with the people who live there...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to I have no problem with the people who live there... ]

Not murder, maybe a lesser charge.***

Aug 27, 2020, 11:19 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not murder, maybe a lesser charge.***

Aug 27, 2020, 11:24 AM

PTI?

Aug 27, 2020, 11:33 AM

We need to change our constitution to where it isn't okay for a group of men to hangout in public with assault rifles. What would have happened if the police can across the same situation but those people were black?

Aug 27, 2020, 11:38 AM

Aug 27, 2020, 1:09 PM

Were they told thank you and given water? I'm against anybody walking around carrying a firearm. It is okay to have a sidearm concealed but nobody should be allowed to walk around carrying a weapon like an assault rifle. Just my opinion ofcourse though. Only bad things are going to happen if you have people who disagree on a matter walking around holding weapons. Our government and law enforcement needs to step up imo. Our citizens need to have a little more common sense as well. This country should be better than this.

Aug 27, 2020, 1:43 PM

Aug 27, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Does the 17 year old who shot rioters get convicted? ]

Thank you for the post btw. My wife tried to argue it would have been different if they were black but it seems maybe not.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Does the 17 year old who shot rioters get convicted? ]

It's happened numerous times over the last couple of months and nothing happened.

We need to change our constitution to where it isn't okay for a group of men to hangout in public with assault rifles. What would have happened if the police can across the same situation but those people were black?

That is happening in the US as well. The cops are standing

Aug 27, 2020, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Does the 17 year old who shot rioters get convicted? ]

back and waiting to see what happens in those situations too.

Look up Stone Mountain Georgia. And the Michigan courthouse (the day after the white folks did it).

Black folks with assault rifles were allowed to wander around the burned down Wendy's in Atlanta for days (until the 8-year-old girl got shot).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lesser charges related to having the firearm...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:34 AM

Fortunately for him, he's got good evidence of all this actions due to the large number of videos/photos available.

His best defense is that as he was attacked he retreated...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:39 AM

until he could no longer retreat. A reasonable person would do exactly what the kid did if he found himself in that situation.

This thread has made it clear that most dems...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:36 AM

defend those who attacked the kid (antifa/blm) and most others defend the kid.

Re: This thread has made it clear that most dems...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:39 AM

I don't. I just wish he had justifiable cause to get a few others who burned those businesses down or who knocked that old man out and torched his place.

You are specifically the reason I said 'most,' rather than..

Aug 27, 2020, 2:19 PM

'all.'

I do not wish harm on the people rioting. I wish justice in a court of law for them. If justice demands their deaths I'm all in. Justice has no emotion, it has no politics and America struggles with executing justice.

These wars on our streets are class wars. Unfortunately, the primary aggressors in this war are fighting against their allies and being backed by the class they really want to unseat. How they don't know this is quite confusing to me. If you examine their income sheet you won't find middle america contributing to their funding.

You'll find only the oppressed and the oppressors. The working middle class is neither.

Aug 27, 2020, 11:36 AM

hope not, plenty of doubt for a jury to chew on

there is so much wrong with the WHOLE situation...

Aug 27, 2020, 11:55 AM

i have no idea how they will sort it out...

-the protests got violent and out of control... wrong
-the 17 year old kid had an AR.... wrong
-the 17 year old kid was in the middle of the mayhem... wrong
-the protesters were chasing the 17 year old... wrong
-multiple shots were fired... wrong
-people died because of all the mayhem... unfortunate, but wrong

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Convict his parents and make him go to church.

Aug 27, 2020, 12:27 PM

Some combination of God and family is the solution.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll get something, manslaughter of

Aug 27, 2020, 12:33 PM

some kind. He shouldn't have been there. He was looking for a fight. The rioters were looking for a fight and should not have been there even more.
He should not have felt a need to be there because there should have been enough law enforcement to begin with. The Governor failed Kenosha.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Correct me if I"m wrong here but this kid

Aug 27, 2020, 1:12 PM

drove across the state with his AR to go to the BLM protests and counter-protest (?) or whatever. Took his AR out of the car then started shooting people when he felt threatened.....

That's like me going to the crack house and shooting everybody when they try to take my wallet.

I like your funny words magic man

You're wrong....

Aug 27, 2020, 1:29 PM

The kid crossed state lines (only due to georgraphy, not like he drove from hours away) with an AR-15 (that was illegal, I believe).

Him, and a large group of armed people, were protecting businesses. This went on for some time based on twitter feeds without anything happening. The 'peaceful protesters' encroached on the armed group and words were exchanged. The armed group backed up. There are videos of the armed group grabbing each other and pulling them back.

At some point, the 'peaceful protesters' made a go at the armed group. At this point, Rittenhouse was separated from the group and Rosenbaum pursued him. Rosenbaum threw what looks like a molotov cocktail at Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum continued to chase Rittenhouse. At some point Rittenhouse either stopped running or was pinned in a fired at the charging Rosenbaum, killing him.

Rittenhouse then fled and during this he tripped in the street. At this point, an unknown person ran up and tried to kick Rittenhouse in the head. Rittenhouse fired at this person, missing. Right after that, Huber swung his skateboard at Rittenhouse's head, hitting him. Rittenhouse then fired at Huber killing him. Seconds later, Grosskreutz (a felon, and not able to have any firearms) pointed his pistol at Rittenhouse (who is still on the ground) and Rittenhouse fired at him, hitting him in the arm.

So in other words, this is a senseless tragedy in which

Aug 27, 2020, 1:50 PM

everybody involved is in the wrong.

I like your funny words magic man

Re: So in other words, this is a senseless tragedy in which

Aug 27, 2020, 2:11 PM

just wait when the only option is to call a social worker, available 10am-2pm, M-Th

Aug 27, 2020, 8:32 PM

Yep. Hope he gets life. The parents need to be locked up too if they were the source of the gun.

Replies: 73
| visibility 1,394
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic