Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone think KB2 could play in the NFL @ QB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Does anyone think KB2 could play in the NFL @ QB?

Sep 27, 2018, 7:55 AM

At some point there has to be some honest self evaluation of oneself. If he is that intent on playing on the next level, he should have made a position change a season or two ago. Someone close to him in his circle should have sat him down and told him flat out that his throwing motion alone will not allow him to have an opportunity to play QB in the NFL.

I think we all believe he has the athleticism to potentially make the NFL at another position, but not at QB. I would have loved to have been a professional athlete, but I knew I wasn't physically gifted enough to be one. It's all about having an honest self evaluation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone think KB2 could play in the NFL @ QB?

Sep 27, 2018, 7:57 AM

KB does. Right time, right place.. and with another year of practice to get ready? You can't blame him for trying for a big paycheck.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:01 AM

No, he doesn't have the skills to be a Pro quarterback.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:56 AM

He will at least get some workouts

Who knows? Never though Tyrod Taylor would make it, and

Sep 27, 2018, 8:00 AM

thought that Tajh would give it a decent go. I would think not, but guess you never know.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 8:00 AM

At QB? Practice squad for some team, or as a backup.

Clipboard Jesus had a much better arm than KB, and I don't know if he ever saw the field in the pros? Maybe? Not much. But he made a good check to stand on the sidelines.

Unless the "Throwing Talent Fairy" comes to visit KB during the night, that's about the best that he can hope for in the pros. And that sucks, because I'm a big KB fan, of him as a person, in spite of the fact that his game is pretty one-dimensional.

I can guarantee you this... We'll never know if he's on the

Sep 27, 2018, 8:04 AM

bench. Especially during his final year in college.

Good on him for not giving up on his dream.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 8:04 AM

That happened at Clemson. He had his shot in my opinion. He managed a great team to win up until Alabama.. then he was exposed and all the teams play us differently now. They really stack the box knowing our limitations with the downfield pass. Sometimes you can win, but not all the time.

With TL, the whole field opens up and the game is a lot different for our offense. If he finds the right guy, we should be good. There is a lot of talent in them hills and now we can use it to our advantage. Our receivers have to adjust to his passes being there in a hurry, but they will do that.
I really look forward to seeing us ball out now!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:06 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where is KB on the Mitch Trubisky scale?

Sep 27, 2018, 8:08 AM

All I heard about was that Trubisky had NFL QB size. He’s 6’3 225. KB is 6’2 225.

By NFL standards and compared to Trubisky, KB absolutely has a shot in the NFL

Message was edited by: owensb01®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where is KB on the Mitch Trubisky scale?

Sep 27, 2018, 8:21 AM

The only thing in common between Trubisky and Bryant is their size. Trubisky can throw the ball and I believe he is the starting qb for the Bears. No, Bryant will not play in the NFL...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. My point was that all anybody said about Trubisky

Sep 27, 2018, 9:19 AM

when comparing him to Watson was that Mitch was the prototypical NFL QB based on his size.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes. My point was that all anybody said about Trubisky

Sep 27, 2018, 9:38 AM

The knock on Trubisky was his decision making and lack of ability to win games. There was never a question about his passing ability or talent. People who were opposed to him entering the draft when he did or to him being such a high pick were simply saying he needed more time to prepare.

His overall talent as a passer was not ever in question.

Sep 27, 2018, 8:08 AM

Na

He might make a practice squad and then there is a chance***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 8:13 AM

I don't think so, not at QB. Many Tneters will remember wv-who QB Major Harris, 1989 Gator Bowl Clemson 27 - wv-who 7. Although he is in the College Football Hall of Fame , his pro career was very short lived. He came out early and was drafted very late. He played one year in the CFL and a few in Arena.

At the time he was advised by nearly everyone to switch position, but he was adamant to play QB. Many feel he would have played in the NFL for several years. You can lead a horse to water...

Sep 27, 2018, 8:53 AM

I don't think so, not at QB. Many Tneters will remember wv-who QB Major Harris, 1989 Gator Bowl Clemson 27 - wv-who 7. Although he is in the College Football Hall of Fame , his pro career was very short lived. He came out early and was drafted very late. He played one year in the CFL and a few in Arena...

Just to refresh anyone who doesn't remember Major Harris

https://youtu.be/Mrx7FVxdv7s

Sep 27, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone think KB2 could play in the NFL @ QB? ]

See Tim Tebow

Survey Says... BOOOONG! HECK TO THE NO!***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:17 AM

null

Message was edited by: ChestyPuller0311®

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

define "play in the NFL"....

Sep 27, 2018, 8:18 AM

invited to a camp/tryout - probably (nick schuessler & cole did so why not)
get a shot in a preseason game - eh? maybe
make a team - I don't see it
career backup - no
NFL starter - heck no

I am glad someone asked that question.

KB is a Good athletic QB that could start at most colleges but I never thought he was NFL material. Perhaps I am wrong but we have seen many QB's that goes to the pro that we thought would do well but they never really materialize.

I harbor no hard feelings for KB. I am wish he had stayed but he made his choice. I wish him well and the very best but it is time for all Clemson people to move on.

He should have followed Braxton Miller's example. He's definitely an elite athlete, but nowhere near an elite QB. He has no future as an NFL QB. Jalen Hurts might want to give that some consideration, too.

100% this ^

Sep 27, 2018, 9:12 AM

S

Sep 27, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone think KB2 could play in the NFL @ QB? ]

No, based upon his lack of passing skills. If T. Boyd could not make it what makes KB think he can? I could see KB in the CFL, but not the NFL. He would have better off to have switched to another position in college. Unfortunately his “mentors” have steered him away from accepting reality and if he is greatly disappointed now he will really have a hard time in life when matters clearly don’t go his way.

His parents and others outside of football need to sit him down right now and set him straight or KB will blame somebody else when he alone has to take responsibility. I wish him well.

Go Tigers ??!!

NO.***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:47 AM

Sep 27, 2018, 8:57 AM

NFL yes, QB no

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 9:32 AM

At first glance I would say no but who knows! Cam Newton is not an accurate quarterback and he makes millions! I hope he makes it! I think if TL wasn’t around everyone would be lookin at him as a Heisman candidate! He has worked hard to improve! By the way Kelly is listed at 6’4” not 6’2”! Probably more like 6’3”! Size shouldn’t be an issue!

Sep 27, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone think KB2 could play in the NFL @ QB? ]

Let’s look at another side of this now.. KB is gone and said what he said. There are only so many draft picks in the NFL each year. Why would I as gm or a coach even consider drafting him after he said what he said?

Walt thinks he is

Sep 27, 2018, 9:25 AM

So he said on his show yesterday

Re: Walt thinks he is

Sep 27, 2018, 9:36 AM

Ok, for the LAST Time!

Walt does a COMEDY SHOW, Nothing More!

I love his SHOW, I cannot stop laughing, he is a COMIC Genius!

Sep 27, 2018, 9:31 AM

Playing with Clemson has made Kelly Bryant look the best than he can. Any Trainwreck of a Team that he will walk into that will guarantee him a starting position(And that is what he is looking for) has more problems than just missing a quarterback.

His NFL Stock will go Down!

If he would have stayed at CLEMSON he would get the SAME opportunity, even at a back up position than he will IF he preforms well at another school. If he flails elsewhere, which is HIGHLY likely, He is DONE!

RISK/REWARD is out of wack!

Sep 27, 2018, 9:42 AM

I have been telling people this but you are the first person I have seen post it to a message board.

I am really interested to see how Kelly looks next year without everything that Clemson put around him. My thought is that we will see that Clemson put him in the situation to look the best and be helped by those around him.

Everybody talks poorly of McCloud and Cain but both were showing great promise in their respective NFL camps before injuiries. I think they were both much better last year than Bryant let them look. Not the other way around.

I follow the NFL almost as closely as I do Clemson

Sep 27, 2018, 9:39 AM

And I can assuredly say that KB would not make it as a pro QB.

What he COULD do is play another position. Lack of experience at said different position would make it a long shot but he's very gifted athletically.

Love the guy to death but my prediction is that he never makes a pro team. Would love to be wrong.

Only Walt Deptooooooola Believes It***

Sep 27, 2018, 10:05 AM

Sep 27, 2018, 10:09 AM

Boyd had a better chance to make the NFL than KB2 due to Boyd's cannon for an arm. KB2 cannot make the throws needed in the NFL. They would devour him. I'm not sure about him as a receiver since he never made the move.

I can still remember watching KB2 in the Shrine Bowl while he was in HS. When they said he was committed to CLEMSON as a QB, I just hung my head. I saw nothing that resembled him being a good QB. He did way better than I expected, and for college he was pretty darn good, but he won't make the NFL.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic